Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

THE RISE OF THE SLAVES OF ESSYRN

Started by visualspice, March 20, 2014, 08:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

A NEW EVENT IS HERE!
*Updated as of June 23rd, 2014

*This event is for Essyrn characters only.

The uprising of slaves in Essyrn, to be exact! And more details will be coming soon! I just figured I'd get the ball rolling on starting up a thread for plots, so expect to see some info about this new event soon!

Brief synopsis: A former merchant prince finds himself caught up in a twisted murder plot of his father and then thrown into the arena as a gladiator; as a slave trained to fight and kill- but more importantly, to be killed. Though things are not as they seem, and while this man rises as a champion among the slaves and gains fame, a new Shah is crowned at the unexpected death of her father. Rumors begin to spread about her legitimacy on the throne while opulence and excess runs rampart during her reign.

The beginnings of an underground movement whisper among the slaves who desire to be free. It starts a unifying trend that begins a catalyst for an uprising in the slave culture. Will the voices of these repressed people be heard? Will they march unto victory, or will their cries be ignored as the new Shah sits pretty on her throne, more concerned about vanity than she does about the lives of her people and that of the slaves?

And to make matters a little more complicated, twisted politics are always at play...
From the shadows, those who have been denied the throne  bide their time for the perfect moment to strike...

If interested in this event, please read up on the lore and culture of Essyrn.
More information and character links coming soon!

Current Threads:
(*In chronological order)
House of Reeds [M]
Love Is An Open Door
Deep and Meaningful
Blood and Rain *THREAD COMPLETE!*
The Fate Changer
After The Storm
Crocodile on the Sand Bank
Shameless [M]
The Threadneedle Cafe *Semi- thread!
The Killing Touch
Wind of the Night *THREAD COMPLETE!*
Bread and Circuses
Holding Your Horses
Tears of the Niafi
Practice Makes Perfect
What A Load of Croc!
See You Later, Alligator!
After A While, Crocodile
Crocodile Feels

MINI-EVENTS
Crocodile Hunt!

Current Characters:
Agrian -fallen merchant prince/ slave/ 'hero'
Persea - Shah of Essyrn
Taj Samara- High Priest of Essyrn
Aïda- Priestess and Half Sister of Persea
Mal'hin- Captain of the Guard
Malika - personal slave of the Shah
Yannis - slave and accountant at the Colosseum
Ne'friss- Merchant Princess
Harmanaija- Adultress/ Outcast
Evelyn Gray- Merchant Princess
Yasmin - slave/ arena fighter
Cassius - slave trader/ arena fighter
Nasrin - bandit leader
Sahar - priestess
Jherna - merchant princess
Ihlsepar - merchant prince
Red Sun- slave/ arena fighter
Euzec- slave
Emyr - merchant prince and slave informer
Rune Di'Veera - Ambassador from Serendipity
Scatha - slave/ gladiator
Misae - astromancer
Eta- Kadir trainer
Simone- slave
Na'il- cousin to the Shah
Zubin- half brother to Persea, presumed dead
Evander- gryphon/ slave

*Click on the character's name for a link to their profile!
Red= Against Slaves Freedom, Blue= For Slaves Freedom, Green= No Sides Established
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Stormphrax

Just had to leap in on this because it sounds really cool! ^^

Do you think it'd be possible to have some kind of schism within the slave uprising itself? On the one hand this charismatic merchant gladiator and on the other some kind of (potentially) more harassed rational type who wants to lead by committee.

Maybe there were plans for an uprising for a long time worked out by this guy but they never got anywhere as he was utterly uninspiring. Then this kind of Spartacus figure could come along and get everybody mobilised - leaving the committee man going 'this was my idea' on the sidelines. That could lead to a division between the motivated masses and the (self-styled) 'intellectuals' maybe?

Or maybe not - sorry for hijacking your thread, I got really keen!

visualspice

@stormphrax- omg, I love that idea *_*
Sounds good to me! I'm working on two more sets of characters to throw into this idea then I'll be posting my characters involved + links so expect more stuff to come :D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

I have, coincidently, just begun tossing around the idea of creating a slaver/slave driver type character. He'd pretty much be a sort of "I hate everyone" type person that loves to make frequent use of his cat o' nine tails. Would you be interested by any chance?

visualspice

@wicked- sounds like that character would fit in perfectly here 8D

Wicked Basket

Then I shall begin working on him posthaste and stick him here when I'm done.

zozee9

... I have an idea that you can bash down immediately, if you with. I definitely want to be involved in this event (I have always loved Essyrn and find colosseums to be of interest), though I would have to make a new character no matter what.

Anyway, I wish to play an 'outside' role in this. Instead of being one of the slaves, what if my character was the daughter of the Shah herself? But unlike her tyrannic mother, she wants to help the slaves. She would provide a larger range of influence for the slaves (if they needed information to get outside of the colosseum—the slaves do live there, correct?) and might be able to influence the matches a little as well, secretly using her mom's name. The Shah, of course, would not know she was doing this. The girl wouldn't tell the slaves who she was, either, in fear of some of the more dramatic ones turning around and murdering her. In fact, it's possible that many of them wouldn't even know that there was someone like her working for them. My assumption is that the leader she trusted the most would know her role in the whole thing, as well as possibly her heritage. In fact, he/she would probably have been the one to tell her not to tell the others.

She doesn't tell her mom for two reasons: first off, her mom wouldn't let her out or do anything if she knew what the girl was up to, therefor rendering her helpless for the rebellion; secondly, while she might not appreciate her mother, she still does love her as a mother. So there would also be some interesting conflict there, especially if we had someone to play the Shah.

Now for how she reaches to the slaves. This is all assuming they live in the colosseum, which I'm still not positive about (I didn't see anything about it on the information page). Of course, if they don't, I can adapt it to fit. She tricks the guards (or whoever she would need to) into believing she's allowed to see the slaves. She explains to them that her mother, despite her attitude, actually does care about the slaves, just doesn't want the common people knowing about it in fear of them striking her down from power. So the girl says that it is her job to check the slaves (and, of course, that her mother doesn't trust anyone outside of her bloodline to do such a thing) and make sure they are being treated as slaves should be treated. To do so, she explains, she must also go in pretending she is a slave and none of the slaves should know it's a lie. That was they will answer her questions as normal and she will know the true situation of their lives. She also makes sure that it's clear that the guards mustn't tell anyone about this, just in case someone overhears. That includes her mother, seeing as she is always surrounded by guards and the like, all of whom are unaware of her true concern. In other words, she just comes up with a lie to make the guards let her in and understand why she has to come regularly.

As I said before, feel free to shoot this idea down completely! It just came to my head so I figured I'd propose it.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Oh, I like that idea, zozee, but it wouldn't work on the Shah XD
The shah is only 19 ._.
and unwed and she is not allowed to have children outside of marriage, however, if she was related to the shah (like a cousin) she could flaunt the title of just being part of her entourage, so to speak.
OR, if you want to do / keep the rebellious daughter thing, she could be a nobleman's daughter in some relation to the Shah or even the high priest or priestess of the temple (as there is currently no high priest at this time). So if you wanted that position for your character, it's possible (though I couldn't see the ACTUAL high priest being supportive of slaves but a daughter, yes XD )

Hope that makes sense 8D

zozee9

Ohhh yup, I found the profile for the Shah, too ('cause you were editing it). xD That makes perfect sense. I think cousin works best—and maybe she and the Shah are/used to be pretty close?

Also, was the Shah (the one that is now in power) in the loop about the assassination plan? Or was her gaining power a complete surprise?
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Ivory

I am writing down my idea here, hopefully so I don't forget: I shall be playing one of the Shah's personal slaves.  Details to follow!

Alegretto

Can there be an "available ranks in Essyrn" page? It might be really helpful to create a strong government structure page so we know who's who.

visualspice

Quote from: zozee9 on March 20, 2014, 10:18:59 AM
Ohhh yup, I found the profile for the Shah, too ('cause you were editing it). xD That makes perfect sense. I think cousin works best—and maybe she and the Shah are/used to be pretty close?

Also, was the Shah (the one that is now in power) in the loop about the assassination plan? Or was her gaining power a complete surprise?

It is possible for them to be close but as of recently, Persea (the current Shah) keeps herself very much at arms length from people at a personal level, as it keeps her more easily to keep up her appearances. So at this moment in time, she might not be as close to her as she might have been.

As far as assassination, there is no known truth behind her father and mother's death, so she, as of now, has no real thoughts on the matter one way or another, though the idea they could have been murdered would frighten her internally, she would not show it outwardly.
(Hopefully I didn't confuse when I mentioned murder in the title, as the murder was towards the fallen merchant prince and not the Shah, and if you were referring tot hat particular murder, she was not involved, no).

ANd @ ivories- WOO

and @ alegretto- I'll have to take that up with Rhi XD
but if you read the Essyrn page the REAL rulers are the merchants. The Shah is really just a face.

visualspice

My characters involved so far:
Persea Ah'nikh- Shah of Essyrn
Ne'friss- Merchant Princess
Evelyn Gray - Merchant Princess (of Connlaothian stock)
Harmanaija- Adultress and Outcast (works as a cook at the arena to the slaves)

The Shah and Ne'friss (merchant princess) would not care a thing about slaves and would not support an uprising. Evelyn Gray and Harmanaija are potential supporters to this event. There also may be more characters to come :T

Stormphrax

So exciting! I'll try and throw a character together for this - he'd be the 'harassed, rational leader-by-committee'. Maybe he can work as a personal slave in the Colosseum (doing the accounts or something) so he'd have a reason to know the gladiator.

On that note if anyone is interested in playing a similar character - say one who has worked long but ineffectually for a slave uprising to be in cahoots with mine that'd be great! Then we can get some proper division going between the romantic warrior types and the (self-styled) 'intellectual' leaders who are working for the same thing but deeply resent them.

visualspice

Quote from: Stormphrax on March 20, 2014, 10:29:15 AM
So exciting! I'll try and throw a character together for this - he'd be the 'harassed, rational leader-by-committee'. Maybe he can work as a personal slave in the Colosseum (doing the accounts or something) so he'd have a reason to know the gladiator.

On that note if anyone is interested in playing a similar character - say one who has worked long but ineffectually for a slave uprising to be in cahoots with mine that'd be great! Then we can get some proper division going between the romantic warrior types and the (self-styled) 'intellectual' leaders who are working for the same thing but deeply resent them.

I'm working on a female slave/ fighter who could work for this XD
I could see her wanting to support this but wanting to support the one who first started it, not the face of the man who just rose up and was able to guide the people through charisma. But we'll see - I have her typed up but am debating making her or not D8
(My hesitation is that I have a lot of strong females already XD )

zozee9

Okay, thanks Spicy! That answers up all the questions I have for now. <3

... stormphrax, we'll see if I can get you someone, too. :)

visualspice

And I revised the main premise. Hopefully it's more clear!
AND HAS CHARACTER LINKS *_*

Lion

Agrian the ex-Mechant Prince is done! D: But you know that already!

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Quote from: Lion on March 20, 2014, 11:18:47 AM
Agrian the ex-Mechant Prince is done! D: But you know that already!
Yeah, I put Agrian's profile on the first main post 8D
FOR ALL TO SEE

Rhindeer

My character, Yasmin, would totally be involved! 8D She's a successful slave-gladiator who is was trying to buy her freedom, but at the first hint of an uprising she'd be like, FUCK THIS I'M IN GUYS LET'S DO THIS THING.

Then I have Nasrin, a bandit leader who would totally be in on this if it meant she and her girls could make some money. xD She'd be on the side of the slaves, hoping to recruit some tough new members, and also hoping to capitalize on the misfortune of the nobility. >_>

And I have Jherna, who is a merchant princess who wouldn't be too happy about this uprising business. D8 She likes her status quo. It's good for business.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tags: