Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hell or Highwater [M]

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 11:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Leif cut him a mean glare.
"Praying," he told the man flatly. "What about you?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Merric sighed.  "I had hoped in a time like this that perhaps we could be free of all pretense.  But I see that is not the case Lord Arrant.  Why do you hate me so?  That question, you never deigned to answer."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Leif narrowed his gaze upon him.
"It is because no man is worthy of my sister." And did he have to even justify now his reasons to hate anyone of the church?
"And the church is full of many faults."
And those at fault.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Mercuxio's gaze was steady.  "It is a typical sentiment, of shielding and overprotective brothers to their younger kin, sisters in particular.  One I share indeed.  But I know there is something deeper even you would be hard pressed to share.  You hate me most especially.  Why?  Is it because somehow, despite your influence, I had won her favor?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Leif cut him a glare, but sighed anyways. His default expression seemed to always be a glare. He was just used to hating on people, presumably his parents, and then, afterwards, the whole world.
"I suppose it's not a fair accusation, but yes, you could say that. But I am also not fond of any of nobility, only because I presume most of us are rats." He looked the man over, still scowling as he did so, but it only eased up briefly when he turned his attention to Attie.

"But I've come to realize not everything is as it seems. Even if you are...part of the church, I will at least give you a chance now to help me protect her. This isn't about me." He flattened his lips. "It's about salvaging whatever is left of her, and to keep her away from those who wish to abuse her again."

Peering up at Merric, her narrowed his gaze.
"But being as I need to trust you with you, I have a few questions to ask you. Such as... what your true involvement is with the church."
Because if he were working wtih those who did this to Attie, he'd kill him right now if he could.

Lion

"I'm surprised, Attalia never told you," Mercuxio replied with no small degree of cool indifference, but when he turned his eyes to the woman in the cot, his eyes turned somber.  "We were close when we were younger, before I decided to join the priesthood.  Despite your reservations about me, I think we're more alike than we both probably would like.  I didn't much care for the avarice of the nobility around me.

"I wanted a greater purpose in life.  Something nobler than a simple title, I wanted to help people.  I still do.  But I guess my greatest fault...has always been my care for your sister, Leif.  I would die before I would ever hurt her, or see her hurt."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Despite the sincerity and honesty in his tone, Leif frowned.
"I wasn't asking why you joined," he softly growled. "But I suppose you can't divulge all of you job's description."
And neither could he. He wasn't about to give up being the masked mordecai, evne now as he was in half costume. Not that anyone could identify him without his mask on. He peered down at Attie as well, his gaze softening a little.
"She told me that already," he then added quietly. "But only a little and what I was willing to hear."

Lion

"Then let it be known that you were at least willing to listen to her trust in me.  She's safe here.  You have my word as a priest.  And if not that, then as a man," Merric said resolutely.  And he stood and offered his hand.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At the presence of his hand, he wanted to slap it away, or punch him- but swallowed down his pride and moved to take it, but the second his hand slipped into Merric's- Attie made a breath, a noise that signified she was awakening.

Lion

Merric's hand already closed around Leif's by the time Attie showed signs of waking.  He gripped it gently before pulling it away and immediately sitting back down beside her.  He resumed the dabbing of the wet cloth onto her forehead before putting it back in the basin and grabbing her left hand.  "Attie," he whispered.  "Attie.  Can you hear me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

A soft groan followed his words, and Leif found himself tensing. Had Mercuxio not beat him to it, he would have been right there at Attie's side, holding her hand when she awoke. But seeing how swiftly he responded, he bit his tongue and simply observed as he stood behind the pair in the shadows.

And though Attalia was awakening, it was hard for her to discern what was going on.
"It hurts," she whispered. "Breathing.." she winced, her eyes still closed. "All over...." And she grit her teeth, and squeezing the hand offered to her.

Lion

"Leif look into the cabinet behind you," Mercuxio addressed softly.  "There ought to be a few vials there that have something that might help her with the pain.  The two dark-greens ones, yeah that's it."  Mercuxio continued to dab Attalia's forehead and gave silent prayers that she would awake more soon.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

With his heart beating inside his ears, it seemed all sounds in the silent, small room seemed to amplify as he slid open the door open to the cabinet. Fetching the dark green vial, he turned around, closing the cabinet behind him as he moved forward and placed the vial in Merric's hands.
He watched with a frown as Attie gasped and moved softly, gently, but obviously in pain.

Lion

"To the pitcher over there, get some water please.  It will dissolve the taste for the most part.  I don't think we need her retching all over the please."  Once the water was in hand, Merric dumped one of the vials into the water and gently stirred it until the green was dull and he carefully lifted Attie's head with one hand.

"Attalia, please, drink."  He offered the cup to her, holding it to her lips and allowing her to sip it gradually.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Attie made a noise, and when the watered down substance between to reach her lips, she made a face, sputtered and shook her head.
"I... what!?" her eyes flew open, vision blurry, the world weary and she- light headed so that when she tried to sit up, she immediately dropped back to the cot and began to cough and choke on the bitter liquid inside her mouth until she gagged.

A moment of pause had her laying there, breathing heavy, before she peered through a mess of brown hair at the figures before her- but the world still did not make sense- and she could not fully 'see'.

Lion

Mercuxio lifted her head into his arms and cupped a hand beside her cheek.  He stroked it gently before pushing her hair out of her face.  "Attie, it's all right.  I'm here.  I'm here with you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his attentions, she didn't know what to make of anything and simply sobbed because her emotions were too high to contain. Weakly, she even clung to him, not fully aware her brother was even present.
"By Ansgar's name..." she breathed, but could speak no more as her tears continued to consume her.

Lion

He gave a chaste kiss to her forehead, as he might've done anyone in need.  But his had been different for her.  He held her tight, remembering all their years wasted, all that time that kept them apart.  Mercuxio was not accustomed to showing his emotions, much like his father in that respect then he would realize, as he held Attalia to him.  But even then he felt tears brimming in his eyes and the pain was evident in his face.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was after a long moment of sobbing and hugging that Attalia finally pulled away, and stared up curiously into Mercuxio's face. She lifted a hand, cupping his cheek and used a gentle thumb to brush away his tears.

"You're crying.." she whispered. "You rarely ever cry, Merric."

Lion

Mercuxio sniffed, not realizing he was and simply smiled at her, or tried to anyway.  "Because I haven't seen you in so long...  And here you are and..." He sniffed again and he leaned to kiss her palms on either hand.  "I'm just happy to see you again."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn