Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hell or Highwater [M]

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 11:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She gave Merric a nod.
"I feel well enough. And I can't stay in bed forever." Though she gave a pointed look in Leif's direction. "So long as my brother-guardian is okay with it."

Leif could have snorted, but instead, turned away with a sigh.

"You are free to do as you wish."

Attie smiled at her brother then looked up at Merric. "Shall we?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Mercuxio watched her for a moment before peering up at Leif, watching his expression before taking her hand and helping her out of bed.  He let her balance against him until she could stand on her own.

"There," he said softly and opened the door on the otherside of the infirmary room.  "Let's go into the kitchens.  Then there's the dining hall."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Attie smiled as she leaned into him, the as she began to walk, it felt good to be able to feel her legs again. She had been so exhausted lately, she was afraid she'd never be able to walk too good for the rest of her life.

As she held onto his arm as he lead the way, she studied the place with idle interest, but once she knew they were alone,s he paused him in his stride and peered up into his eyes.

"You have no idea how much this means to me. I owe you so much for your help."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Mercuxio smiled gently and patted her hand.  "It's my pleasure," he replied.  "You don't owe me anything, Attalia.  Really.  It's the least I could do.  I'm just glad you're safe."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She gave him a small smile before dropping her gaze.
"I'm glad to see you have been well. I know we haven't seen one another in ages..."
Or life times...

"But I often thought of you. Each night. And I prayed you lived a safe and honorable life."

Lion

Mercuxio frowned and sighed a bit.  His eyes were brimming with tears that threatened to fall.  He gripped her hands and squeezed them hard.  A smile touched his lips.

"There's no telling what might happen after this.  But I'm glad your brother brought you here.  How did he know where to find me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She saw the tears forming in his eyes and her smile faded.
"Merric?"
And then his hands held hers and she looked at him, confused. But when he told her he was glad, and curious how they found him, she only smiled softly and gave his hand a squeeze back.

"You mentioned to me once you enjoyed this area of Connlaoth. And I recalled this place.... And I... I just guessed you might be here. It was a shot in the dark..."

Lion

Merric smiled and did something he never would have done with anyone else and his arms shot around her, holding her tight.  The tears finally came out and soaked her shoulder as he buried his face against her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Merric?" the name came out on barely a breath. And by the way he held her, and by his mannerisms, she could tell he was crying. So she simply held him back, but no tears would fall from her own eyes. She had already cried enough for one life time as she held him tight.

Lion

It was silly, it was foolish.  And he knew that if he were caught he'd be disciplined.  Merric soon withdrew his embrace and got a hold of himself, wiping his eyes.  He sighed and gave her a tight-lipped smile.  "I'm sorry.  I just haven't seen you in a long time.  Let's continue with the tour shall we?"

He continued to show her the kitchens, which cooked simple meals and had some samples to offer.  The brothers there didn't ask any questions and kept studiously to their duties and soon he took her into the gardens in the back.  "It's quiet here, peaceful.  Some people like to come here to 'find themselves' as they say.  I just like the quiet."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Attie waited until they were alone, for her mind had been on anything else but their walk. She couldn't help but remember what he said, and then recall that night at the Grand Duke's Palace when they were both in the star gazer's tower together...

So after making sure they were alone, her hand hesitated before she moved it forward, slipping it into his and giving it a light squeeze.

"I've been thinking of you often," she whispered. "Ever since we met before."

Lion

Mercuxio's expression remained stern, peering down at her then down to her hand that grew so bold as to hold his.  He hadn't welcomed it, nor had he rejected it.  His hand remained loose within her grip and suddenly he felt afraid, fearful of his memories and all that they brought to him.  His eyes softened up at her and he peered into her eyes.

"Oh?" he said, softly.  "That was a long time ago."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes.. but for a while," she went on softly. "Memories were all I had to hold onto. It was better to live in the past then the present."

Lion

"Perhaps my recollection isn't on par with yours, but I remember that meeting ending...badly.  Why would you want to remember something like that?" he asked curiously.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Perhaps I'm only holding onto the good in things," she told him with a sad smile. "It just made me think of simpler times. Better times. But yes, even the painful memories bubbled up. But even those were a nice change of pace, even if it was exchanging one pain for another. I.... I've had a lot of time to reflect about my life. And I don't want to live with regrets. At least not any new ones. Not if I can help it. Not that I now have my own choice....."

And here she paused, and hesitated over her decision.

"I didn't tell my brother this, but I've been thinking about leaving this country for good. Attalia Arrant is already dead. I could go anywhere, be anyone, do anything."

Lion

Mercuxio was taken aback, staring at her in silence.  "And where will you go?" he asked in a low tone.  Something cold in his stomach sank, but he didn't ask any more questions than necessary.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Serendipity," she said. "I heard the weather's nicer there." And though she tried to smile about it, it was obviously forced. "And I should be less trouble there. My brother has done too much for me, risked too much. He doesn't deserve it. No one does. And I don't intend to remain a burden here for long. Just a little while..... Until I know its safe. Then ill go."

Lion

"Oh," Mercuxio said softly.  He pulled his hand out of hers and looked at the ground, moving through the garden and kneeling beside some carrots that needed watering.  The soil was so rich here, and there was almost nothing that wouldn't grow.  Even the weeds enjoyed making their home here.

Merric pulled a carrot out and set it into the basket already laid out in the dirt.  He cleaned the carefully and kept pulling more.  "So when do you plan on leaving?" he asked idly, continuing his work. "How are you getting there?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She kept silent for a while, admiring the flowers, even the ones growing on the weeds.

"I don't know,"s he said after a time.  "I haven't thought out all of the details. But I figured..." and here she bit her lip and peered down at him. "That you might be able to help me. Just this one last time, when I am well enough to go on my own."

Lion

Mercuxio didn't know why but he felt his face grow hot and a sickness rise in his stomach at her words.  He was angry suddenly, and glad he kept his back to her.  Merric broke a carrot in his grip but put it into the basket anyway, trying to force himself to remain calm.

"So you'd leave," he said in a forced tone.  "Just like that?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn