Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Time of Renewed Life [GoblinFae]

Started by Zane, March 26, 2014, 04:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Spring was in the air of the Province of FeatherFall, Sonya had spent the majority of a very cold winter with a boy who was much more than he let on, but then again so was she. She was very careful not to let it be known just what she was or how she came to be it, however, when she were mere miles from the border of the Sinclair Fiefdom she longed to go back to the comfort of her old home. Back in ManorClair, the nickname she had given to the home of the Sinclair Nobility, where she could apologize to her father. But soon, the years as a cat would go from three to four, and is was becoming increasingly possible that she would never find that mage.

The air was heavy with the scent of rain, darkening cloud told tales of a shower that was soon approaching. Sonya quickened her step, she was still a ways out from the town she had sighted from atop the previous hill. How she hated rain, it made her fur heavy and made her irrevocably cold.

The first heavy drops were beginning to fall as she sprinted down the sides of the main street, looking for some kind of nice cover, she found it on the outer window sill of a shop of some kind. Sonya dared not to look inside, that would only give her a longing for comforts and securities that would never come, after all, no one wanted strays. The were a liability, no matter how cute the stray was. So instead. She set herself to trying to lick the moisture of the rain from her fur.

GoblinFae

Inside the house Ladybird worked tirelessly, humming to herself as the rain pattered outside her window. The first drops gave her pause as a smile broke out across her face. She hurried to finish what she was doing before brushing her hands of dirt and moving to her little window.

Ladybird pushed it open quickly to take a peek outside. She would not be surprised if there was many a little visitor coming to her door this evening. Many did not find as much joy in the rain as she did. It was a surprise to her however when the shutter resisted her movement though and something moved to the ground from the other side of it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zane

It could easily be said that Fate and Fortune cruelly snickered as poor Sonya, who had just settled down to nap in the little alcove for the window, was dislodged from her prime spot out of the rain, into a deep in muddy puddle. Instantly soaked and fur now entangled in a clingy, red clay-like mud. The poor cat let out a cry and anger and defeat, which probably sounded like a very pathetic mew to anyone close enough to hear it.

GoblinFae

The moment she heard the pathetic mewl, Ladybird gasped and rushed for her door. Towel in hand, she dashed out into the rain to find the muddied ball of fur she had accidentally knocked from her windowsill.

"Poor baby!" The woman cooed, approaching slowly and with care. "Would you like to come inside little visitor? It's warm and dry," she continued to coax as she held her arms out with the blanket extended as a hopeful peace offering of dry comfort to the little furball. "I'm not going to hurt you pretty one. I just want to help if you'll let me, sweetie."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zane

Sonya didn't consider what the woman who suddenly appeared was saying, she didn't question that someone had almost instantaneously appeared next to her. What Sonya knew was that she was cold and wet and she had wet clay mixing with her long fur. While the Serendipity Spring was almost prodigious with heavy and long rain showers, she didn't feel like the constant rain would be enough to wash the sticky mud from her fur.

The small cat would have leapt into the woman's arms were in not for the excess weight of water and mud chilling her to the bone. Instead, she sated herself with trying to crawl out of the mud to the woman.

GoblinFae

"Oh honey," Ladybird cooed sadly, crouching down to scoop up the poor dear into her towel and clutch her close to her chest as she dashed back into the house. "I know sweetie. Just let me get you inside and I can get you nice and dry and warm. I'll even give you a bath if you'll let me you poor thing."

As soon as she had them both inside and the door shut again, the young woman sat down in front of the fire and opened the towel to carefully release the muddied cat. She was not worried about mud getting throughout her backroom given she dealt with plants and mud all day but she was concerned about frightening her visitor. Ladybird continued to coo and speak softly, waiting to allow the cat to do what it wanted instead of forcing it to do what she thought was best. If she knew one thing it was that cats have a personality all of their own and did things in their own time.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Sonya jumped out of the woman's arms and curled up in front of the fire, already she could feel the mud on her flank hardening due the exposure to heat and lack of wetness. She looked at the woman and mewled, this time not so pathetically. It was a very poor attempt to tell her to prepare some hot water. But then again, the odds that this woman understood cat was slim to none.

And there in lied Sonya's first problem. While she had been a cat for almost four years, she had been almost entire self reliant. Her thin frame supported that. It wasn't until recently that she had met and misplaced Dirk, the kind, albeit mischievous, young boy who she happened upon in a small village in Darken Vei. He had the very queer ability of being able to speak to cats, and so all she had to do if she needed something was ask. However, it was very likely that this woman didn't speak cat or ever would. So expressing needs became some grand trial that being alone have never given chance for her to master.

Her second, and much more stressing issue, was that she could smell the musk of a male cat. Normally, this would not be an issue. Except, the animagi who cursed her was very detailed with his spell. So every few months nature decided to bless her with a heat. It was a very troubling instance whenever it happened. Part of her wanted to sate herself by finding a mate, another part of her found that notion to be a grand and irreversible transgression on ways of nature. After all, she was a human turned into a cat. She couldn't stay a cat. She wouldn't stay a cat.... would she?

GoblinFae

Oblivious to the inner musings of her visitor, Ladybird hummed softly. A sympathetic pout played at her lips to hear the mewl though she did recognize the difference. "You poor little sweetheart. You look so uncomfortable! I wish I could help you but I don't know if you'll let me help clean you off."

The botanist worried her lip as she contemplated how best to help the cat without startling or upsetting it. "If you were hiding on my windowsill I doubt you like water very much," she sighed sadly before rocking back onto her heels slowly and moving backwards to fetch some things.

She continued to talk to the cat conversationally as if she was a person as was her nature with all her visitors. "Are you thirsty beautiful? I can give you some milk if you'd want it," Ladybird offered as she carried over a small bucket of water and a handtowel which she promptly dipped in the water. "If you'll not get angry with me dear I can help get that sticky mud off you. I know it mustn't be all that comfortable for you. I truly am sorry about that. I had no idea I had a friend wishing to surprise me tonight."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

It was very much annoying for Sonya to be talked to in such a manner, at this moment she felt like she was a little more than an animal, which from any other perspective except her own, that wasn't too far off. It was far more frustrating was that this woman seemed to be teetering on the edge of cleaning the mud off of her or not, and Sonya had no way of telling her that is what she wanted. Perhaps a nod? The small cat dipped her head in response to the question about thirst, then again in the sentences following.

GoblinFae

Ladybird smiled at the little movements of the cat's head. She had always treated animals if they could understand her and at least in the case of her familiar Fern she found that some did. "Come here little lady," she beckoned, gently lifting the cat up, mindful of claws and teeth before placing the muddied animal on the towel from earlier and keeping a steadying hand on her chest.

"We'll have you right as rain in no time," the woman promised as she tried to use the small wet towel to wipe away at the grime coating the soft fur. "I'd put you right in the bucket if I knew you wouldn't think I was trying to drown you dear. I know this is probably not very dignified feeling for you but I'm sure there are worse things."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

The small cat resigned herself to putting up as little struggle as possible. The faster she got this mud out of her, the faster she could get back in front of the warm fire. And Sonya had to admit, the woman had a firm and gentle grip. It wasn't unpleasent.

GoblinFae

The young woman was as thorough and gentle as she could be. She had continued to talk quietly to the cat, praising her for her good behavior and beauty as Ladybird finally bundled the cat up in a clean blanket and set her near the fire with a bowl of water.

"Rest beautiful girl, you'll be safe here as long as you don't cause any trouble with my other little visitors. I know some may be tempting but if you desire to hunt you can go outside. Hmm, I wonder if I should feed you though," she mused quietly to herself, rubbing at her chin.

Over on the counter a soft hissing began to get louder as a small, wriggling green form slid down the table leg and across the floor to Ladybird, wishing to garner her full attention despite the proximity of the new cat just a paw-strike away.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Sonya almost relaxed. When she realized that there was no helping it, besides, the woman was trying to cleanse her fur. It was a good thing. Then wrapped up in a blanket and placed before the fire. The magicked cat was almost certain that she had somehow been knocked unconscious by the fall from the window sill and was choking on mud, this being a hallucination to make the kiss of death just a bit easier.

Then she saw the snake.

She immediately responded, yelling out in a meow of alarm and trying to move back from the snake, as to distance herself if it decided to strike. Only to become entangled in the blanket. She was a goner for sure now.

GoblinFae

"Oh you silly little thing," Ladybird sighed as she moved to try and right the cat. "What's got your whiskers in a knot now my dear?" An answering hiss and comment concerning the feline's pathetic retreat immediately answered that for her.

"Oh Fern! You're scaring the poor dear and I just got her settled! Behave!" The beady eyes of the tiny snake blinked in displeasure before he sulkily moved up the leg of a winged chair and perched on the arm of it to watch what would happen next.

Meanwhile, the young woman scooped up the bundle of fur and blankets before readjusting both and tucking the cat against her chest while trying to soothingly pet and croon to the animal. "It's alright. Shh, it's alright, just relax. No one's going to hurt you little dear."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Sonya pushed her paw against the woman's collar bone, distancing her upper body to stare the girl in the face. "What the hell?! You keep a snake in your home?! Are you mad?" she exclaimed. Intelligent looking though the cat was, her exclamation was reduced to little more than a long and startled mewling.

GoblinFae

Ladybird continued to pet and croon to the little furball in hopes of soothing it. She was completely undeterred by the cat's pushing against her as she kept a firm hand on her for steadying but did nothing to force the little dear against her.

"Now, now there is no need for such fuss. It's only Fern and he's not going to harm you dear. Why he can't even bite you with his little mouth. He's honestly just a big softie once you get to know him. Settle down little one or you'll catch a cold with all your struggling and wet fur. No one's going to harm you, I'm here."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Sonya looked over at the snake, then back to the woman, and again back towards the woman. Snakes, why did she have to have a snake? Giving another low mew before looking back at the snake. Perhaps this woman had a point, she'd been nice about most other things so far. This 'Fern' didn't seem hostile, unlike other snakes she'd met. In fact, it has slithered right past her. The little cat extended her neck out, maw opening slightly so she could get a better sense of the snake as she started to take in scents. He certainly didn't smell dangerous. And if he was, well, he was at least smaller than the first snake she'd killed in self defense.

The problem was communicating this trust back to the kind woman. She couldn't exactly say, "Okay. I trust you." but what she could do was relax her arm that had been pushing against the woman's sternum, bringing her tiny frame back to the woman's chest and just relaxed. Admittedly- after years of being alone -it felt good to be held.

GoblinFae

"There, there," Ladybird cooed as she stroked behind the cat's ears soothingly. "There's nothing to be upset over. Fern just wanted to come say hello. He's my familiar and a curious little thing. He was at more risk from you than you were from him. Now then, feeling better little princess?"

The woman tucked the cat back up in the blanket and moved to sit with her in her lap in her favorite chair. Fern moved to quickly scale her arm and settle about her neck like a small green necklace for a nap. The cat was boring and certainly not worth his time, he had determined. His human could deal with all of that on her own.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: