Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magical Rights (OPEN)

Started by firefiend33, April 27, 2014, 08:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefiend33

It was a basic day in Wise's library, but Wise was leaving his library behind to help in the Civil War in Connlaoth. Someone needed to end this war and Wise decided it would be him. He summoned four magic metal Golems to protect his Library while he was gone. Wise remembered when Magic was allowed everywhere in the world. Wise was finished getting ready until someone entered his library, someone he had never seen before...

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik glanced around as he walked into the library. This was the only library he hadn't visited in Serendipity yet, and another hurdle in his quest for complete knowledge about the surface world. Soon, he would be able to return to his people and leave behind all the unawakened lesser beings, and the Illithids would rise again. But today, he was spending it all in a library. He had his octopus-like face hidden underneath a hood, and all his facial tentacles tucked underneath it. He wasn't in the mood for a proper disguise at the moment, he just wanted to get this over with.

As the door closed behind him, some things immediately made themselves present. There was magic present, and plenty of it. He spotted the man with the four metal golem, and turned to face them. "Are you the librarian here?" He asked in a deceptively human voice, that of a young man.

firefiend33

Wise felt a strange presence enter his library. He saw a man walk through the doors. Something felt odd about this. Wise's metal golems didn't sense any evil in this man, but something still didn't seem right.  The man walked over to Wise with a hood on. The man asked Wise if he was the librarian. Wise knew he wasn't Human, but what should hey say? "Yes, I am the Librarian and please, there is no need to hide your identity here", Wise said. "Tell me, what race are you?", Wise asked. Wise could tell this man was no Human and he seemed evil, but Wise couldn't completely tell...

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik sighed mentally. Sure, he had no real problem with showing Wise his true appearance, but after spending so much time on the surface, he knew that he was being tracked from the shadows by individuals too curious for their own good. Bounty hunters, curious wizards, intellectuals who wanted to poke and pry. He welcomed the intellectuals, however.

Their minds were the most delicious, after all.

Hesitantly, he pulled his hood back, revealing his face. His void black eyes shimmered with small specks of light, giving them the appearance of the night sky as he regarded Wise with caution. His skin was flushed a defensive shade of brown, and his facial tentacles probes at the air. "My race is of no concern to you.  Besides, that is information I'm not keen on sharing." He said. His voice didn't seem to come from him, but rather the surrounding area. It drifted in through the cracked open door, from among the bookshelves, and from within Wise himself.