Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreaming of Dragons [M]

Started by Lion, May 12, 2014, 01:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Doryx kissed her hand and pressed it to his cheek.  "As you wish," he smirked, and crawled over her, settling in at her side, pulling the covers over him.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Nestling in beside him, she sighed and grew quiet, wishing fervently for sleep. But it wouldn't come.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Doryx opened his eyes groggily, feeling her moving against his chest, trying to get comfortable.  "Dev," he murmured and looked down at her.  His eyelids were heavy with the need for sleep.  "Something the matter?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Sighing, she stared at his face quietly for a good long time.
"I can't sleep. I close my eyes, but my mind keeps racing."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Doryx softened his eyes and pushed a strand of hair out of her face.  "Racing on what?" he murmured.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She sighed and looked up into his face.
"About everything... This curse, our marriage..."

Lion

"I see," Doryx murmured.  "I wish I could tell you something to ease your mind.  But I'm content to listen if you want to talk about it...  At the moment, what else can we do?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She sighed.
"Honestly, I just wish I could sleep." She closed her eyes, frowning before opening them again to look at him. "My head aches, but so does my heart, and my stomach feels as if it's trying to knot in on itself."
Again, she sighed.
"Being stressed, I suppose, is an understatement... but I don't even know if I have the energy to discuss any of this. But my mind.... it's like..." She sighed a third time and looked at the ceiling. "It's like I can not find peace."

Lion

"I see," Doryx nodded to her.  He pushed the hair from her face and leaned in to kiss her brow.  "When I was a younger man, and I learned that I was to inherit the position of High Lord, I thought my world had ended.  Suddenly this responsibility had been thrust upon me. I didn't know what to do.  I couldn't sleep for months, feeling suffocated by the whole thing."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At that, she gave him a small smile.
"I can see that."
She truly could. Finding out that reality definitely would hamper a man's freedom. Though despite it all, he still found time to do what he loved. And though she could admire him for it, it was still a sore spot for her. The resentment wasn't something that could easily heal and go away. She had festered in it for too long.

Lion

"But despite how I felt at the time.  I'm glad it happened.  I don't think we would've met otherwise.  I hope you don't have any regrets meeting me."  He gave her a sheepish smile, as if half afraid she'd change her mind.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She dropped her gaze, hands fidgeting.
"There will always be much in my life I regret."

Lion

"The same could be said of every soul.  But I think we can make up for it by living in every moment as much as we can, yes?  That's my philosophy anyway."  His smile was small and he leaned in to kiss her cheek.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Tensing at the kiss, she turned to look up at him.
"To think we have so many problems... Yet rumors have thrived over us being the perfect couple."

Lion

Doryx shifted on his side, pulling the covers up to his shoulders and bundling the pillow beneath his head.  "There's no such thing.  And people will talk all your life.  Let them.  What good would it do to attempt to correct them.  We are people like any other.  People who have found themselves in an unusual predicament."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Unusual..." She sighed. "What an understatement."

Lion

"How would you describe it then?" he muttered.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She paused a moment and frowned.
"Devistating? Unfortunate? Bad?"

Lion

"Oh good. I always knew you were eloquent," he snickered, smiling.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"How can you smile?" she asked, pained. "This Dragon curse could very well have damned us."