Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreaming of Dragons [M]

Started by Lion, May 12, 2014, 01:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Because if we don't smile, we'll never believe in hope."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Is that hope?" she asked, carefully.  "Or is that foolish?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Hope often seems foolish to those that have given up.  And I won't give up on you," he murmured.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"But it's so hard to hold on. To hope..." she brushed away a few tears as she looked at her lap. "Perhaps I'm just stuck on the idea of ...well," she looked down to the bracelet. "What if I hurt you the next time?" she placed a hand over the bracelet. "Or worse.... Doryx, this is not something we should take lightly. I... This thing... Its dangerous."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"And do you believe I am taking it lightly?" he posed, eyes inspecting her face.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I don't know what to think. Everythings gone from bad to good." she sighed, exhausted. "Maybe I should try to sleep."

Lion

He understood there was only so much he could do to try and help her.  And he offered what comfort he could, pulling in close and kissing her brow.  "Sleep then."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She closed her eyes at the kiss, and let the feeling trickle through her. It made her shiver just before she sighed. Though she tried to sleep, she was so tense for so long before eventually, sleep  over came her anxiety and she relaxed and drifted into a restless dream.

Lion

When dawn trickled through the window, Doryx would not be there.  He would waken before the morning came.  And when another voice could be heard outside, he was whispering harshly.  "What did you find?" he asked. 

"It's going to be difficult, Doryx.  But I think the only way to fight against the spirit that holds your wife is to battle it from within.  You'll have to venture into her subconscious."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Still groggy, she wasn't sure what to make of the voices, but she did notice Doryx was not there and his place on the side of the bed was cold.
"Doryx?"
She sat up, sifting fingers through her disheveled hair.

Lion

Doryx sighed, brushing a hand through his disheveled hair and turned to the door, having left it slightly ajar.  He gestured to one he spoke to and excused himself.  "Hello, Devaniee," he whispered, shutting it behind him.  He was half dressed, his trousers on and he peered at her with a small smile.  "How did you sleep?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her reply could be seen in her grumpy frown.
"Who were you talking to?"

Lion

[Grumpy gills!]

"One of my colleagues from the College," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She simply stared at him, eyes narrowing.
"Who?"

Lion

"Sir Heirich Vanleis," he said gently, searching Devaniee's features.  "He's a expert in divination and hypnosis."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"And what is so important about that?" came her impatient reply.

Lion

His jaw squared and the muscles clenched a little.  "The power that possesses that amulet is steeped deep into your subconscious.  Perhaps if there's a way to ascertain that part of you, we might be able to dispel it, separate her consciousness from yours."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She kept a haughty look on her husband but gave a stiff nod.
"I see. And.. You trust this method enough to try? Then I suppose we ought to try it. When were you thinking?"

Lion

"When you are ready," he said, tone hesitant.  But he was eager to change the subject, because clearly this kind of talk only made her even more testy.  "Perhaps some food first?  Tea?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She gave a nod. "Tea sounds nice before we share a meal."