Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreaming of Dragons [M]

Started by Lion, May 12, 2014, 01:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Yes...yes," he said.  When a servant came with tea and breakfast, Doryx thanked them and he served the tray, laying beside the bed.  "Did you see the look on his face?" Doryx snickered.  "He saw the state of the room and I suppose thought a tornado came through here."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

But at his comment, she said nothing, and kept her eyes down on her steaming cup of tea.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"What did I do now?" he asked gently. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At that,s he looked up at him.
"Oh, I..."
She dropped her gaze again, sighing.
"I'm sorry, I.. didn't hear you."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"You did.  But clearly what I said displeased you.  I'm sorry, Dev," he said, offering her his hand.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She sighed.
"Doryx I... Do you have honey? I think I'd like some with my tea. Shall I ring a servant?" And she turned to reach for the bell pull.

Lion

"I...I believe there is some right here," he said, pointing to the tray.  He forced a smile, pushed it toward her.  "Please, help yourself."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her expression deflated.
"Oh."
She stared at the honey.

Lion

Doryx sipped his own tea in silence before slumping back into the bed, staring at the ceiling.  "You know what would be nice?  If you painted a mural up there.  It could be anything you wished.  Anything you paint, I know would be amazing."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sighing, she moved to add honey to her tea and kept stirring for a long while in silence.
"Maybe," she said.

Lion

"And you will let yourself be conquered by fear?  Are you not the wife of the High Lord of Darken Vei?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She dropped the spoon angrily.
"Fear or anger, both make me damned, status alone can't fix this, Doryx."

Lion

"That was never the intended solution, Dev."  He grew silent, weary of fighting with her and finished his tea.

He stretched and found his shirt, throwing it on and boots as well.  "When you are ready, please, let's go to my laboratory.  We can see if we can get started there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Frowning, she dropped her gaze. She felt so irritable.
"Can I have some time alone?" she cleared her throat and looked back over at him. "I can join you there within the hour."

Lion

"Yes," he said.  Doryx smiled and leaned in to kiss her cheek.  His lips lingered there for a moment before he stepped out, closing the door quietly behind him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Being alone didn't help her as much as she had hoped. She never was good at being idle, and though having felt suffocated with her husband around, wanting to help- she still felt suffocated, though now by her own thoughts, her own fears.

Ten minutes turned into twenty, into thirty- and soon she couldn't stand it, and made her way down the hall, up the stairs and into her painting room. She passed canvas after canvas of art that reminded her of all those bottled up emotions she had trouble to contain. But she refused to cry at the memories, and found herself tearing open her paints, scrambling to find a paint brush, which she hastily dipped into paint-

Only to stand there with it dripping onto the floor, eyes stuck on the blank canvas in the dark, unlit room.

Lion

And that was that.

Doryx continued with his meeting with his colleague.  She would come if it pleased her.  And if it did not, then he supposed there wasn't much he could do about that.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was over an hour before the door creaked open. She was quiet in her approach, and waited for her husband to speak, first.

Lion

At long last Doryx decided it wouldn't do to come to her with anger or degradation. She'd had enough of that of her own volition.  So he looked up when she came into the room, and he smiled sweetly at her.  "Hi," he greeted simply. "Please come in."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

DevaniƩe gave a curt nod and stepped in, closing the door behind her. She barely made eye contact with anyone else, and nervously fidgetted as she folded her arms, but tried to keep her hands occupied with this or that, twirling her fingers into her hair or playing with the hem of her dress.

"I suppose there's a lot to be discussed," she began softly, after clearing her throat. She noticed some paint on her fingernail, and idly picked at it, pieces of it flaking off.