Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreaming of Dragons [M]

Started by Lion, May 12, 2014, 01:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Why don't you paint now?" Doryx murmured.  "You could paint me.  I'd like that.  I'd love for you to immortalize me in the only way I ought to be: in your hand."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Devaniée forced a smile to him, but it was evident what it was.
"No..."s he told him, gently shaking her head. "I don't know if I even feel like leaving this bed." Yes, hiding away and sleeping all day seemed like a better option than ever dealing with what had occurred.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Enough of the masks," he murmured.  "You don't have to force your smiles any more.  I want to know when I've truly displeased you, when you're unhappy or sad, please don't hide from me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"It's not a mask!" she told him, eyes growing sharp. "After all we've gone through, all that's been, you'd think I'd lie about this?" She gave an incredulous shake of her head. "I am beyond upset, Doryx. With myself, with you, with everything. This... this mess we're in.... " And she turned away from him, tears slipping down her cheeks. "I hate it, every minute of it. I just want this curse gone." And she took a hold of the bracelet tightly, as if wishing to rip it off, but knowing better and just halting there, on the brink of more tears.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I'm sorry, Dev," Doryx murmured, expression softening in the wake of her frustration.  He knew what it was like, at least, to feel trapped in something beyond your control, to try beyond measure to fight against it.  He sat up from his position beside her and his eyes were tired, heavy, exhausted with the weight of her own misery and he grabbed her wrist, sore from the bracelet and he gripped it gingerly.  "Denaviee...I was so scared that I'd hurt you.  When you...when I found you in the forest after you changed, I though you were dead."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Maybe it would be better if I were dead," she sobbed, burying her face into her hands. "Then you wouldn't have to deal with me and this cruel curse."

Lion

"So what would you have me do?  Huh?" Doryx questioned.  "You are still my wife."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I don't know, Doryx. I don't know," she told him honestly, tears burning within her eyes.
"I'm just so afraid of myself. What happens if the dragon awakens again?"

Lion

Doryx sighed.  "I don't know," he frowned,  shaking his head.  "I don't know what happens, or what will happen now.  I can only assume after Summervale men will come hunting for you... "

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

After a long, silent moment of tears rolling down her cheeks, she finally had enough composure to whisper, "And what can we do, Doryx? What if they want to send me away?"

Lion

Doryx furrowed his brows and grabbed her shoulders.  "I won't let them take you...  I won't!" he said sharply.  "We'll find a way to fix this!  There has to be  a way!  I...I can't give up."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniee tried to smile for him, but her lips were trembling too much and the tears from her eyes were endless.
"We could try to find a way to remove it. Maybe.. cut it off..." And as she spoke, her hand smoothed over the skin just below where the bracelet rested, locked into place.

Lion

[necklace?]

Doryx shook his head, swallowing hard.  "I don't think that would help.  Don't think I haven't thought of it...but it would only kill you, or make whatever power is in that amulet cling to you all the more," he murmured.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée  draped a hand over her eyes, sobbing into them before clinging to him tighter.
"Gods... Doryx...." She buried her face into his shoulder. "Is there nothing we can do? No one we can talk to? No place we can visit? Nothing at your school or places you've visited that... that could help?"

Lion

The look of distress on Doryx's face only grew and he ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes tightly.  "I-I don't know," he admitted, half-defeatedly.  "I have to think.  I need more time.  I need time to pour through what I have.  I...I don't know what to do.  For the first time in my life, I don't know..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Do... do we have time?" she asked, scaredly, peering up into her husband's eyes.

Lion

"Not much," he admitted, and chewed on his bottom lip.  "News travels quickly.  The people of Summervale will want retribution.  I know they are coming and they will be here quickly. 

"Perhaps there's some way to...to communicate with the power of the bracelet.  Perhaps put you under hypnosis or some kind of sedation."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée peered up into his gaze.
"Do you really think anything like that could work?"

Lion

Doryx shook his head.  "I don't know, Devaniee.  I don't know!  I don't know!  I don't know!!!"  His face turned red and he grew angry, throwing over furniture and tables and smashing a vase against a wall. 

"Devaniee, I will find the answer though.  I swear that much.  And I don't take my promises lightly.  And you will help me.  They will take me only when I take my last breath."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée stepped back, cowering away as her husband began to throw and break things. She remained there, still so full of fear and feeling just about as confused and helpless as her husband. Though when he calmed down to look at her, she couldn't help herself as tears bubbled within her eyes and she began to sob.