Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreaming of Dragons [M]

Started by Lion, May 12, 2014, 01:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"No," Doryx said, looking at her.  "No more tears.  No more crying.  We've sobbed and wallowed in our misery long enough.  Now is the time for action.  Are you with me in this?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Do we have any other choice?" she said, trying to steel her tears as they wavered across her bright violet eyes.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Yes.  Action.  We study.  We examinate.  We experiment with the magics surrounding that forsaken amulet.  Come with me.  We will go to my laboratory.  Get on your feet," Doryx said adamantly and strode toward the door.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

DevaniƩe gasped and followed after him.
"What? Now?" she asked, eyes darting all around.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Now!" Doryx said, his anger making his pace all the greater.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She felt herself panic as she stumbled after him.
"But..but... should we not prepare? What if they're.. they're expecting to find us there?" Though she could only hope news would travel slowly from the coast...

Lion

"We came here quicker than they could've possibly arrived," Doryx said as he walked down toward his alchemy laboratory in the wing of the castle devoted to the very cause.  The entire section was well-guarded, even cornered off to where only certain rooms were accessible at only certain times with certain methods of accessibility.  He shoved open the doors to the main room and looked at everything there available for experimentation.

"Well," he said.  "We'd best get started."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Following after him as quietly, timid and fearful as a mouse, DevaniƩe kept close, her eyes taking in all of the secrecy behind entering this section of their home- a section she herself had really never visited. Part of her felt a pang of jealousy over it, but she had never truly shown an interest in his work and well-
She knew it was private.
But that didn't mean she had to like it. But along with everything else, she swallowed it down and just let it fester inside, but even as she did so and they moved deeper into the room, she felt a light burning sensation on her wrist and winced while instinctively covering the thing with her other hand.

Lion

Doryx directed Devaniee over to an examination table, where alembics and other alchemical materials all resided, and he sparked a burner to set a container of water to boil.  "Have a seat, please.  I know you've studied my books and my notes and I'm going to need your insight on everything you've learned.  We'll start with possession, demonic possession, etc.  And work our way outward from there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Demonic possession?" Her skin went white, but as she thought of it, she gave a nod. "It certainly feels like possession. But I don't know... it's one thing to read notes about it. And it's another to actually experience it."

Lion

"Just tell me what you've read, dear.  Please.  Concentrate," Doryx said, going out throwing some herbs into the water as it slowly boiled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Frowning,  DevaniĆ©e tried to think, but her hands simply itched over the amulet.

"I don't know. I've read a lot of your papers... The one on possession... it well, the remedies.. I think, were something along the lines of sating the host that binds you."
Whatever that could mean for her, she knew not.

"So if you go by those notes, I believe, from your Book of Wraths and the notes on the subject, that's what it'll tell you. But I don't believe this sort of curse... this dragon and it's cult, were listed anywhere."

Lion

"Appeasement?  I don't think that's really an option here," Doryx said with a sigh.  He eyed her wrist and grabbed it suddenly.  "Quit fussing with that, you're not helping anybody by trying to pry it off.  Short of cutting off your arm, we can only pray that it won't embed further into your skin."

Doryx moved to the boiling water and took the concoction just finishing boiling and poured it into another container.  He poured that and sifted it through an alchemical contraption that took it all through several tubes and tunnels until it finally was poured out of a strainer, after having passed through foreign herbs and he finally moved back toward her.

He held the cup out to her.  "Drink this.  It will help calm your nerves."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She made a weird face as she looked down at the drink and gave a dry laugh.
"Trying to get me drunk?" she said, hesitating before taking a drink and making a most disgusted of faces, and nearly gagging at it.
"What.. what was in that?"
It was most foul!

Lion

"Don't question me, just keep drinking," he directed and took out a notepad and ink blotter along with a pen.  He dipped the pen and began to make his assertions, based on her initial reactions.  "All of it, please."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"All of it?"   DevaniĆ©e looked green, and most definitely appalled.

Lion

"All of it, please," he said again, never once looking up from his notes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Glaring at her husband, she obeyed, then slammed the empty glass onto the table

Lion

"Good," Doryx said, taking the glass from her and setting to the side, matter-of-fact-like.  "Now, let me take a few vitals."  He moved back and set the notes aside, reaching up and feeling along her neck, where her pulse was, and her face.  He paused then and watched her expression, seeing his reflection mirrored in her eyes, and the anger and the fear there.

He said nothing and resumed taking her temperature, her heart rate, hands measuring along her neck, her pulse, and chest, and even looking into her eyes for reaction to light.  "Heart rate is high, but that's understandable.  How would you say you feel right now, physically?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Feeling her frustration mounting, her lips trembled as she continued to glare back at him.
"Sick. Angry. Frustrated. Pissed."