Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crocodile Feels [M]

Started by Lion, June 11, 2014, 03:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She gave a small smile.
"Let's just say I didn't get branded as an adulteress unrighteously." She gave a shrug and looked away as they walked. "I married young, and my husband cared for me only for what I could give." She shook her head. "It wasn't love. I married him because my family was pour and I was pretty enough to be worth something to him.... so I suppose when I fell in love and followed my heart, I was in the wrong. My..... lover he.... Well, he promised to help me run away. To help me get out of this place but..... That never happened. And my husband found out about it all."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

It was a sad tale, and Raj was quiet during the telling of it.
He didn't do anything to interrupt her, lest she feel as if she wasn't being listened to. After all, what would be the point then.

"And your exhusband cannot simply be satisfied that he has punished you enough, so now he must send assassins into another Prince's camp to kill you? From the way you're telling the story, you've already won," he said gently.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She gave an empty smile and lowered her gaze.
"You have a funny way of implying I 'won'."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Raj made a face and shook his head fiercely.  "Allow me to restate it. For one, you are alive. And second, you have made him fixated on you, for some reason he can't allow you any form of happiness. By allowing himself to be controlled by his fixation, that will be his undoing. He is powerful, I'll give him that. But Anran is not without his own alliances."

Raj cleared his throat. "He loves you, you know. My master."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She blushed at the other man's confession and averted her gaze again.
"I know he... cares for me a lot," she went on, running the tips of her fingers through the rough curls of her hair. "He's sweet and really thoughtful."

But...

But what? She frowned as she thought about it. She cared for him too. Perhaps it why she chose to tred lightly. She had been burned before.

Anran.... he was different, wasn't he? Or so she hoped he was. But even then...
Could she really allow herself to stay here at his side, even at his own choosing? The last thing she'd ever want was for him to get harmed because of her.

"Why has he never taken a wife?" she found herself asking as they walked.

Lion

"I've asked myself that very question. In fact, I've posed it to him on a number of occasions. But I think him being a slave has had him want to take advantage of his freedom for as long as possible. He has worked hard to earn his status, and he wishes to use it as his method of helping others the most. He gives honest work to those willing to do their share, earn their place.

"In his eyes, I think he's simply had no time to entertain the thought of marriage. And progeny a far off thought. And furthermore, him being formerly a slave is not a status a woman can boast of her husband," Raj answered honestly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She took a moment to take that all in.
It made sense. She stared at her feet.

"Not many would know about his.. history though."

Lion

"And those that do know him, never hesitate to let him forget it," Raj explained. "But would you though? Marry him that is?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Harmanaija made a face.
"It would depend. And he'd have to ask first, for me to consider."

Lion

"He has thought about it. Not vocally, but he loves you. And has been taken with you in a way he has been with no one else."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She blushed, looking down at her feet.
"I suppose we'll cross that bridge if we get there."
She cleared her throat. "Or was that your purpose of following me? To.. prepare me for his potential proposal?" She knew he already said why but.. half of the reply was in jest anyhow because she was suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Anran would make a great husband but...
She'd never once seen any good in a marriage, nor in out of a lover- and it was hard for her to forget her old wounds.

Lion

Raj shook his head. "Not at all. I merely pose the question as something to consider should it come up. I have not spoken to Anran about it. But I am his friend, as much as he is my employer. And I care for his well-being. And I only hope that if you reciprocate his feelings, that your heart is true."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well, I'm not here to lie to him, to trick him; if that's what you mean."

Lion

"Of that I am under no illusion," Raj nodded to her, even bowing his head. "I will admit, Harmanaija, I genuinely like you. I think you would be an excellent match for my master."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Harmanaija flushed at his words and looked at her feet. Then noticed they were almost back.
"Perhaps we should conclude our talk." She'd be embarrassed if Anran had heard their conversation, but she had to wonder...
"And I suppose you're going to report this all back to him>" she went on, awkwardly clearing her throat.

Lion

"Not if you do not wish me too," Raj explained and paused, looking down at her fired feet. "I am if anything a discreet man."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She frowned at the words.
"I suppose it won't matter. You are under his employ."

Lion

"But I am a man of my word. And if what you say is true, then you have my honor that my lips are sealed. What is said between us will stay that way," he murmured. Raj looked around them, eyes scanning the treeline before keeping his eyes locked on hers.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Even if he wasn't being critical, it was hard for her to keep his gaze as her eyes dropped. She felt stiff and awkward,  but relieved when the camp came into view.

"Well, I shall keep your words in mind. Forgive me for not knowing what to say. I haven't much experience in trust. Perhaps I'll learn to be better but it's not something easy for me. "

Lion

"Take your time," Raj suggested and patted Harmanaija on the shoulder before he ventured further into camp. He disappeared with the rest of Anran's attendees. Anran was busy, securing his camp from any other potential intruders and he briefly saw Harmanaija from far off.  He waved his hand to her and smiled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn