Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Great Escape!

Started by Cambie, June 16, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella simply hugged on more tightly to his only limb and leaned into him.
"You don't have to get me anything. You've already given me the world."
And at the idea to use the armor to create him a new arm, she couldn't help but smile.
"SO I guess we won't be returning this?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Aryn pressed his lips together and shook his head. "I don't think she'll be very happy to see me, honestly. I dinged her up pretty bad."

visualspice

At that, she frowned.
"I hope she is alright."
And not too angry with them....
Oh, she prayed to Angsar Lily was alright!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Aryn gave Kella a wry grin.

"She'll be fine, she didn't become a knight because she was too delicate to be a flower. All I did was give her a gentle tap."

visualspice

Gentle tap? She knew it was more than that to render the poor woman unconscious, but she said nothing further, just leaned in even closer to Aryn and said, "I'm just glad you came for me. I don't know where I'd be without you."

Cambie

"Me too," Aryn replied, and pulled her closer to him as they trudged through the snow. It was still cold and the wind still bit at their skin, but at least it was easier to walk behind the horses as they created a path for them.

From the cart, one of the men looked over his shoulder and called out to them, "How far is the army behind us?"

visualspice

Kella shivered as she thought over the posed question, still keeping close to Aryn.
"I.. I don't know!" she called over softly. "We managed to escape... barely. But there was at least a mountain between us."
All the reassurance that gave them made the man frown. He went on to talk to the others and Kella went back to pressing herself up against Aryn. She could only hope they'd find a place to rest up soon. And to eat. She still felt weak after that whole falling over the cliff ordeal.

Cambie

And stop the caravan did, when the sun was just about to dip below the horizon. It was hard to tell how far they'd come, but they must have put at least some miles between them and whatever lay behind them.

"We're eatin' standing up, and movin' again once the sun drops,"
one of the caravan men told the two of them as he passed them some cold bread and salted meat, not enough to satisfy a person by any means but enough on which to subsist. Others in the group were doing the same, either readjusting the saddles of their mounts, or eating quickly in the saddle.

Aryn took the food and looked down at it before passing it over to Kella. "Eat up," he said quietly, taking the opportunity to stretch out his aching legs.

visualspice

Kella did not hesitate to share the bread. And though it was dry and scratched on the way down, she cared little for her body craved it so. Once the bread was gone, she too, took the time to stretch and check over her own injuries. The bruises and cuts were bad, but she'd live. They both would live.

The caravan seemed to keep much to itself, but as they rested, the leader looked their way.
"So... you're from the camps? But i guess that much is obvious... and from your story..." he looked them over. "Who and where were you before they branded you as a dog?"

Cambie

Aryn frowned a bit at Kella when she didn't eat all the bread he'd given her, but inwardly he was thankful for a bite. It took all of a second for him to cram it all in his mouth. The very taste of it would've made his mouth water if it wasn't already so cold and parched. But man, did that hit the spot.

When the caravan leader approached them, Aryn instinctively stepped closer to Kella. "She was in Vanille. Made a mean cake. But that was before the war, it don't matter what she is now. All that matters is she's alive."

The man turned to regard Aryn, looking him up and down. His noble's clothing was soiled from the journey, and he certainly had a vocabulary more vulgar than any nobleman would have dared use. "And you-"

"Her best customer," Aryn instantly blurted out.

visualspice

The man snorted and challenged, "You mean her lover." He looked them both over before chuckling. "Now that's a truth I can smell half a mile away." And he glanced over at Kella.
"And you were no baker from Vanille." And at that, he looked back to Aryn. "I used to work next to the baker."

Cambie

Aryn could only gawk.

"You worked next to a baker and you left? What kind of fucking idiot are you?"

He didn't deny the man's first guess though, which only made the caravan leader glance to Kella. "Interesting," was all he said.

visualspice

"May I ask what you used to do?" Kella inquired, hoping to break the ice a little more with conversation.

"A little of this and that, missy, but those days are gone and over. But I do miss the moonshine I used to make. Used to make it with the owner of that bakery." And at that, he flashed hte bare of them a toothy grin.

Cambie

"You think that baker's still there?" Aryn suggested. "Or is that too much to hope for?"

After all, there weren't many other places they could run to...

visualspice

"Last I heard Vanille was unaffected by the war. THough who knows how long that'll last, or if that's changed since I've been there."

And Kella couldn't help but be warmed and smiled at the news.

Cambie

Aryn shared Kella's sentiment with a gentle squeeze of her hand.

"Maybe we can find our way there? It might be safe..."

visualspice

The man gave a snort, but shook his head.
"It would be something. But we're not heading that far south ever again," the man stated.

But even with that piece of hope dashed, Kella couldn't help but think.
"It would be nice if it were untouched by the war.... It would be a shame, such a nice, small town to come to ruins over this foolish fighting."

Cambie

"Save your breath, darling," the man said with a slight scowl. "This fightin's affected everything. Best bet is to do like we do and run."

And with that he climbed back up into his saddle.

Aryn looked to Kella though and asked quietly, "What do you think about that idea? Should we try for that direction?"

visualspice

Kella thought it over as she chewed on her lip.
"I don't know," she answered quietly. "I've been trying to run south to Serendipity all of this time.. Perhaps... perhaps it would be wiser to go North?"

With them being so close to the boarder, it seemed to make the most sense. But was it any safer?

Cambie

Aryn turned to glance northward. Or at least what he thought was north; the sky was too overcast to get a bearing.

"Over the mountains? I don't know what's on the other side..."

He turned back to Kella, and a resolute expression took over his face.

"We'll find a village and get you out of that armor and into something thick and warm. Then we can go north."