Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Great Escape!

Started by Cambie, June 16, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella was more than relieved when they were alone. Even the added benefit of the ladder being removed eased her some-
Though not completely. Thoughts of her brother's army coming their way flooded her mind, and that of the army in Ahjfeld.

Was it really wise for them to rest like this? But as she realized her hands were shaking, she clasped them together and rested them against her knees. Yes... yes of course. Her body was too strung out to do much more. And after a moment to collecting herself, she peered up at Aryn and whispered softly, "I love you."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Aryn didn't realize just how exhausted he was until they were safely up in the loft with the ladder beside them. Looking down wearily at Kella, he gave her a small grin and said, "I dunno if I'm the right person to love, but I'm glad you picked me."

Taking her shaking hands in his own, he placed a gentle kiss against the back of her glove before pulling her in for a soft embrace. "I love you too," he murmured into her hair.

visualspice

She let him take her into his arms, and with less apprehension than before. She was too exhausted to feel stiff and be worried about her 'curse'. But at his comment about their love, she let it sink in, growing quiet before she replied, "I could say the same to you." And she peered up at him through her messy blonde hair.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Even in the darkness his wide cheerful smile could be seen, juxtaposed against the heavy bags under his own green eyes. "That obviously means we're perfect for each other."

He gestured to the nook between his arm and shoulder, where his muscles pushed against his ill-fitting clothing. If nothing else, it would provide a comfort pillow for a resting head. "You're exhausted, Kella. Rest your eyes, and if the blacksmith comes with what he promised us, I'll wake you."

visualspice

Kella smiled warmly.
"But are you not tired as well?"

Cambie

Aryn let his eyes close even as he let out a low bear-like laugh.

"You know the moment you fall asleep, I'll probably fall asleep too!"

visualspice

At that, Kella gave a warm smile and leaned into him.
"Just be careful," she whispered. "I don't want to accidentally touch you." And she adjusted her clothing and the way she lay in hopes to keep his skin protected of her, but she was so exhausted, it was hard for her to open her eyes. But when she did, it was to a raspy voice, warning, "Hey! Hey you two! Wake up! There are some scouts or somethin'- looking for a woman who meets your description."

It was the black smith, and soon Kella was sitting up.

"Do they bare the flag from Ahjfeld?"

The man nodded and Kella bit her lip.

"Running would be unwise, as they have horses. But we have some place we can hide you, assuming you can keep quiet while they move through town."

Cambie

The noise startled Aryn awake and he sat up with a jolt. Dammit, he'd fallen asleep! So much for staying away and standing guard.

It was just the blacksmith though, and he peeked over the edge of the loft down at the man. "Fuck, they found us then. Guess we didn't run far enough."

The blacksmith waved them down with a terse "Get down here and let's get moving!"

With a fierce scowl on his face he slid the ladder back down where it landed with a gentle thump. Looking apologetically to Kella, he gestured down.

visualspice

Kella wished she could move faster, and once she was down the ladder she looked to the blacksmith.

"Where can we go?" she asked, in barely a whisper.

"Just follow me... it might be a tight fit for a while, but its better than being dead."

He lead the pair swiftly to his home, ensuring no one was looking and gesturing for them to get down low. He moved over beside his kitchen table, and was quick to move it aside and lifted up a floor board, then a second.

"Down here... I'm sure you bth can fit but it might be tight. Just stay down there and don't say a peep, no matter what happens, you got it?" he said, looking to both of them and Kella simply nodded numbly in response as the man removed another floor board.

"Quickly now, in you go." And he gestured to Kella, "Ladies first."

Kella cast one look to Aryn before making haste to step inside. The place was dark and dank, chilly and cobwebbed. But she didn't have time to think about the spiders that crawled past her as she wriggled in deep enough to give Aryn some space.

"Okay, now you. In you go," the man whispered.

Cambie

Aryn hesitated at the lip of the crawl space, gesturing down to where Kella already burrowed deep. "For Ansgar's sake," he hissed, "there's barely enough room for her. If I get in there, I'll end up crushing her!"

And that's when the pounding back at the door.

Without another word Aryn hopped down into the dirty hole and squeezed up beside Kella, so close that their bodies were all but pressed up against each other. Laying on his back, he caught just a glimpse of the blacksmith's apologetic look before the floorboard slats slid back over them.

And not a moment too soon, for the banging came at the door again. Little light filtered down from between the floorboards, but enough shone through to allow them a very limited view of what was happening.

The blacksmith went to open the door, and immediately a handful of armed soldiers strolled in, including two mordecai -- and a raven-haired woman with a sharp face and a scowl, wearing what was unmistakeably the armor of a Knight of the White Lily.

"We have word of a Knightslayer and a thief hiding in this village," the woman intoned sharply, and Aryn gave a little curse under his breath. It had to be one of those damn caravan bastards, the ones giving Kella the evil eye.

visualspice

Kella trembled. Not only was it dank and stifling beneath the wood floor, but the fact their pursuers were barely a foot or so over their head did nothing to help quell her nerves. A hand over her lips was all she could do to keep herself from sobbing, and as the footfalls stopped directly over them, a few hot tears slipped down from her cheeks.

"We heard those rumors too," the man replied. "But we've been hearing a lot of rumors lately, it's hard to tell which are true. Though a man and woman had come by this way. In fact, they were here last night. Can't say I know where they are now, but they were definitely seeming to want to be off swiftly. It could be the ones you're referring to. If so, they might have made off in the night. Would make sense, if they were criminals running from the army. But again, we get a lot of that here."

Cambie

"Then you won't mind us searching the premises," the White Lily said coldly and with an air of finality, so much so that the blacksmith's small gulp was audible.

"I assure you, I'm not hiding--"

He was silenced by a gauntleted finger, as the Knight gestured for her subordinates to look around. The next few moments, at least from Aryn's perspective, were nothing but loud banging noises as the soldiers proceeded to ransack the little home, opening every door and cabinet, overturning tables and beds.

"There's a hollow spot here in the floorboards," one soldier said, tapping his foot on the floor just to the left of the little hole in which Aryn and Kella nestled.

visualspice

Kella froze. After nearly twenty minutes of holding her breath as the soldiers up there nearly tore the farmer's home apart, she could see them looking at her. She felt a soft whimper escape her lips as she tried to move as far and discretely from the floor board, but the little home offered barely any other place to go. And her movement caught the eye of another soldier.

"I see movement."

The mordecai heard that and stepped forward, seeing it for herself.

"Lift up these floor boards at once!"

And at that command, Kella's stomach sank to her knees.

Cambie

Aryn could only curse inside his head as the soldiers began prying up the floorboards. Their luck had lasted for so long, it was inevitable that something terrible would befall them.

As soon as the wooden plank above him was peeled back and two of the guards peered down at him, he gave a little sheepish grin.

"Evening, fellows. How's your day been?"

The quip was instantly met with a fist to his face, as they punched him to shut him up and proceeded to haul him out of the hole.

visualspice

Kella gasped, and froze in place, utterly terrified as Aryn was dragged away. It took a lot of effort for the men to get him up and out of there, all the while she continued to crouch back into the shadows, shaking and fearing for her life.

Cambie

Soon they were back into the hole to retrieve Kella was well, grabbing roughly at her bundled-up clothing. When they had retrieved her they threw her down before the Knight of the White Lily, who stared down at her with unrelenting eyes.

"Lady Kella Harmond," the woman intoned coldly, "you are charged with treason against the crown, escape from lawful custody of the crown, and murder of a sworn Knight of the White Lily. If guilty, the penalty for these crimes can be death. By Ansgar's mercy, how do you answer?"

Aryn lay nearby groaning and clutching at his bleeding head and struggling to crawl back toward her, while the two mordecai stood over him with swords drawn.

In the heat of the moment though, they seemed to have forgotten about the old blacksmith -- whose head appeared around the open door behind everyone, a heavy poker in his hand. When his eyes met Kella's, he held a finger to his lips as he crept forward.

visualspice

Kella was too afraid to even react to the black smith. Her mind was in jumbles, her heart racing, and all she could do was cry out, "Please.. spare us!" as she sobbed and tears gushed down her face.

Cambie

"Ansgar's mercy is for those who confess and repent!" the female knight intoned menacingly, not flinching the least bit at Kella's sobs. Her face might as well have been carved out of granite. "Justice cuts through even your tears, my Lady. I ask again, how do you plead?"

She didn't have time to recite any more of her rhetoric though, as the next sound was the heavy thump of a cast-iron pan against the helmeted head of one of the men standing over Aryn. He crumpled over Aryn as the blacksmith charged toward the Lily Knight.

The room descended into chaos.

visualspice

It was a nightmare. She saw men flying at one another, Aryn scrambling, the blacksmith charging...
Weapons real and make shift were locked and flailed, and somewhere int he middle of it, someone caught Kella by the wrist, touching enough of her skin that- a moment later, all of the fighting stopped as the man yowled and screamed.

Kella was suddenly shoved aside, her small body slamming into a nearby table before she fell limply beside it. But that was only instincts that made the man react, for he stood there, hollering and not sure what was going on as blood began to trickle from his nose.

Cambie

A thin trickle of blood was dripping out of the corner of Aryn's lip and into his beard, making him scowl and grimace at the copperish taste. All around him was pandemonium, with tables and chairs being flipped over and pottery smashing to the ground. Somehow he found himself face to face with one of the soldiers.

He had just a long enough moment of inaction to watch the man fling Kella into a table. Instantly the Ironhand was roaring and bowling forward to the man, who was too busy wiping blood from his nose to notice. With a loud crash he tackled the man to the floor and began adding to that blood with his one fist.

From behind he felt the cool metallic fingers of a gauntlet tug at the collar of his shirt. With a choked cry he turned only to be met with the hilt of the Lily Knight's sword as it collided with his chin. He too tumbled backwards right beside Kella.

"Ansgar will have his justice this night," she intoned almost mechanically.

"Yeah, I prayed to Ansgar earlier, he told me to tell you to go fuck yourself," Aryn snarled back, his head still spinning from the blow.

The Knight frowned deeply and raised her sword -- until the back of her head also met the underside of the blacksmith's cast-iron pan. The sword flew from her steel grip as she tumbled into a pile on top of Aryn and Kella.