Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Dream

Started by visualspice, June 18, 2014, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

As promised, Solita was summoned within the hour. It was Zannrick himself who knocked at her door. And stiffly, he asked her, "Are you ready? The Grand Duke awaits."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita jumped as she heard the knock on the door, it brought her back to reality with a jolt. She nearly fell over herself as she moved to the door. Finally, opening the door, a blush already building on her face. She looked up and had to remind herself to not frown. Oh how she loathed Zannrick. He treated her like she was something bad, and she didn't like it.

visualspice

Zannrick's eye cut into her.
"I asked you a question. Do not make me repeat it."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita's eyes shot to the floor, "Yes, I am ready," She finally spoke after a moment.
She was growing to hate Zannrick. He made her feel so small, she could almost feel herself shrinking as soon as he entered a room.

visualspice

Briskly he walked the halls, not waiting to bring her to the Grand Duke with any delay. If she kept up, good, if not, his tongue was quick to scold her. And by the time they made it to his room, Zannrick had to pause, and soon he was cursing under his breath.

Something was wrong. The Grand Duke's door was open to his room and the maids, outside, were all gaggling around, in distress.

paganchick

Solita looked around, her face become concerned as she saw the concern build in Zannrick's own expression.
"What is going on?" She asked as she looked from Zannrick to the aids as they scurried around.

visualspice

With a curt growl, he commanded, "Follow behind. And if you try anything funny-"
Well, she knew her fate.

The pair walked in a rush to the Grand Duke's chambers, where the mordecai demanded,
"What is going on!?"

One elder maid whirled around, and sighed with some relief.
"Oh, Sir Austengarde, it is the Grand Duke... he.."
And she became shifty eyed the second she spotted the girl.

It was here Zannrick's eyes narrowed.
"Go on."

And the maid snapepd her eyes back to him.
"He... he got upset. He... he had been napping..."

That was enough of an explanation, and before Solita knew what was happening, he grabbed her by the wrist and yanked her inside the room.

paganchick

Solita was confused to say the least, and as the soldier grabbed her and yanked her in the room, one could say she became terrified. The look on her face morphing into something in between a deer stunned and a wild animal cornered. She kept herself from fighting though, just recoiling away from the soldier as the first given opportunity.

visualspice

Inside the room was a curious mess. An upturned table with cold tea staining the rug, the bed sheets thrown half off the bed, a mirror, hanging on one hinge to reveal the mess on the other side of the room, and a few maids that hastily approached Zannrick.

"Go to the hall with the others until you are summon!" He snapped, and rigidly, the women obeyed, leaving the pair of them with the Grand Duke, who was now standing in a corner , back to them , as he rested a forearm up against the wall, and was pressing his forehead into it.

paganchick

Solita slowly took the room in, her eyes slowly moving over the destroyed room. Could what she be seeing be a reason the Duke needed her? Finally her eyes landed on the Grand Duke's back, where they lingered for a few moments.

Solita took a step forward but didn't dare to get any closer than that.
"A-are you alright?" She asked softly, her voice timid. She waited her muscles tense, she half expected him to turn around and strike her.

visualspice

But it wasn't the Grand Duke that would strike. Zannrick was upon her in seconds. His iron gloved hand nearly crushing her wrist as he grabbed it.
"Stand back. You were not ordered to approach his majesty!" the mordecai snapped, blue eyes blazing like fiery ice.

paganchick

Solita yelped as Zannrick grabbed her wrist. She couldn't help it, it was instinct as the pain from the soldiers iron like grip shot up her arm.
She looked down.
"I am sorry, I just wanted to help," She answered softly, in more of a whisper than anything.

visualspice

"You're help will be given when asked for!" he told her sternly. "Are you so easily able to forget your place here? Your before the Grand Duke!"

And at such a statement, Calent turned around.

"Zannrick... that is enough."

The mordecai looked up, and dropped his grip on Solita. "Sir!"

"She can't do any harm with you around. And I think my room has seen enough chaos."

The soldier gave a curt nod. "I understand and we are both are your disposal. We await your command, your grace."

The Grand Duke gave a small nod and turned his green eyes to the girl.
"So you're an elf? Foreign, or naturally born in Connlaoth?"

paganchick

Solita cradled her delicate wrist against herself gently. She looked down at the floor submissively as the Grand Duke began to speak. She knew her place in the palace, she was no more than a slave, something disposable. She was only shown any favor by the man in front of her because she was useful to him. She also knew that if she was more trouble than her worth she would die.

"I don't know, really your majesty. All I can remember is Connlaoth, so I assume this is where I was born, but I never knew my parents so..." She trailed off, her eyes never leaving the floor.

visualspice

The Grand Duke gave a nod, then tuned to Zannrick.
"As you can both see, I'll need a moment. Please, wait here." And he moved past them and disappeared into a back room.

paganchick

Solita looked up as he disappeared once again taken in about the amount of destruction that had happened to the room. She wondered what truly happened. A chill ran up her spine, she was thankful she wasn't in the room when whatever happened, happened. She wouldn't want to be in the path of the Duke when he was set off like that.

visualspice

Zannrick's eyes bore into her form.
"Don't look surprised. I told you our Grand Duke needed some assistance," he growled beneath his breath. "Just do as he asks and don't ask any questions."

paganchick

Solita looked at Zannrick and frowned, crossing her arms. She couldn't see how she liked the grand duke, the man killing so many of her kind, more than the soldier beside her. She of course, had never seen the Grand Duke as a person before, but as a monster. Just seeing him, giving a face to him made him more human. She wondered what was going on in his head and why he had decided to rule over Connloath with such an iron rule.

visualspice

When the Grand Duke returned, his hair and clothing were no longer disheveled. Though his age still crept through on his features, and only at this moment did some of the grey hairs begin to show in his hair. Though he was still handsome, it was evident the war had paid it's toll on him, and he turned his tired, green eyes on the pair of them and nodded to Zannrick.

"That will be all, Zannrick. Please wait outside the door." And with a nod, the mordecai dipped his head and stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

paganchick

Solita stood silently in her place as she watched Zannrick leave the room. She grew nervous, she had never liked being alone with someone, well, other than Killian. The thought of Killian warmed her heart, bringing a soft hint of a smile to her face as her eyes looked at the floor.

She was all to quickly snapped back to reality as she saw the destruction of the room around her. Still she didn't dare to look up at the man in the room with her. By a simple spoken word that mad could had her killed or worse. She she stared silently at his shoes. She knew her standing in that palace.