Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Red, Rude and Prude

Started by visualspice, September 02, 2014, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"You might be more animal than man," she quipped, looking back at him from where he was paused in the hall. "But you're certainly no cat."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"You're right," he nodded with another grin.  "I am a rabid cat."

visualspice

She rolled her eyes.
"More like a stumbling oaf, or child..." She raised her brow at him. "Are you coming or would you prefer we slow down to take in the sights? Besides, the statue we seek is down there. The noble crane."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

His nose wrinkled at her quip, but his mouth curled up into a mischievous grin.  "So that makes you a bird lady. Got it."

visualspice

She raised a brow at him but kept walking. It didn't take much longer to reach the noble crane, to which she pointed to the writing at it's feet.
"See? Noble Crane." It was clearly labeled (though perhaps not in the common language) "Now... get down on your knees before him, as if you were knight kneeling before your king."

Cambie

The grin on his face dropped when she told him to kneel.  By the spirits, had he not been down on his knees enough for a hundred lifetimes?  Though he supposed this Noble Crane wasn't holding a sword to his neck.  He wasn't so sure about her.

"Fine," he grumbled, dropping down to one knee defiantly before the carved crane.  It looked back at him with a lifeless stare, which made him ease up somewhat.  He turned to look back at Beatrice. "Do what you have to do, miss Warner, as long as we both get to the jungle in one piece."

visualspice

He'd hear the sounds of coins slipping into, then through something, and bouncing inside the insides of the crane. Then he'd feel the breeze when Beatrice moved to sit herself beside him, and she smoothed her skirts out around her legs and knelt.

"I hope you can hold your stomach well."

It was all the warning he got, before a warmth of magic enveloped them. The world glittered away, and the once stagnant air from the tunnel soon morphed into the sweaty air of the Jungle. And when they'd open their eyes, they'd be kneeling before the very same statue in the midst of the heart of the Kishan.

Sighing, Beatrice rose to her feet.
"There." She puffed up her chest. "It was much faster traveling that way then by stork, was it not, Red?"

Cambie

To say an odd sensation overtook him was to put it lightly.  The little carving-filled hallway melted away and morphed into the thick greenery of the Kishahn, but not before a lurching feeling bubbled up in the pit of his stomach and he felt as though he'd been turned inside out.

But suddenly he felt the humidity bear down upon the back of his neck.  Slowly, he opened his eyes to a familiar sight: trees stretching a hundred feet up, a lush canopy roofed overhead, vines of all shapes and textures crisscrossing like string.  A warbler's cry echoed in the distance, followed by a hundred other animal calls.

He was back.

Though she'd stood, he remained kneeling in awe.  A sunburned hand reached down and dug into the soil, likely untouched by man for thousands of years.  As the dirt crumbled through his fingers, a colorful bug skittered off his knuckles and into the brush.

"By the spirits," he breathed, looking up at her wide-eyed, "you actually did it."

visualspice

She tossed a cocky grin to him from over her shoulder.
"Yes.. Yes I did." Without much hesitation, she strolled forward from the statue, leaving the kneeling man in her wake.

"Now, we haven't got much time until sunset. And I'd hate to be out here when it's dark," she went on with a sigh, traipsing through the thick jungle underbrush, and pulling out a small blade as she worked at cutting down a path.

Cambie

Red's slack-jawed stare followed her back as she began to slowly cut a path through the thicket.  What the hell was she doing?!  This was Kishahn!

With a loud whoop he bound to his feet and pulled that sweaty, itchy shirt over his head.  It caught on his chin for just a brief moment before sliding loose, leaving him with nothing but trousers and that stupid red scarf dangling from his neck.  Stuffing half of the shirt into the band of his pants like some sort of towel, he strode toward the nearest vine-covered tree and -- with almost a practiced ease -- scaled twenty feet up its thick trunk.

"If it's the dark you're worried about, why go forward?" he called out to her.  "When we can go UP?  You've been here before, surely you can climb!"

Tags: