Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Learning has a price

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, September 05, 2014, 09:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

Trik was sitting in a corner of a class room, listening to a teacher painfully explain his point about some theories of using lightning as an efficient power source. That would've been interesting if he wasn't there for work.

Trik flew out the window, his delicate dragonfly wings making a faint buzz as he passed by one of the female human sitting near the window. Pulling his hood on to protect himself from the sun, he landed in the garden. If a young human would see him, it would say that he was a fairy. How adorable.

He sat on a fence, swinging his feet like a child. He was lost, it never happened before. "Great..." he mumbled looking absentmindedly around.

thehiddenbeast13

A large man began walking through the falling leaves the were across the ground. He turned his head and saw the school house and quickly walked towards it. He looked at the room packed with kids learning about multiple things. He smiled a little and said,
"I guess I was born a little too early."
He chuckled a little to himself and rested at a nearby tree. He tapped the tree a couple of times a blew a small stack of smoke from his mouth. He chuckled again and blew a small burst of fire. He said to himself with a small chuckle,
"May as well get it out..."
He put his arms like a cup around his head and crossed his legs as he let his back slide down the tree and put he feet up. He laughed again and blew out another small stack of smoke as he watched some of the kids studying and learning.

Lloyd Orodelo

Trik sniffed, he felt a bit sad. His nose twitched as he smelled a odd scent. Was that sulfur?

Deploying his wings, he flew to the origin of the smell. A man under a tree blowing smoke from his nose... without smoking on anything. An odd fellow, really, but he was intriguing Trik at a high level.

Flying closer to the man, he decided to land on the tip of his knee.

"How can you do this mister, if you don't mind me asking? I mean the smoke thing? Are you some kind of... mage or... a dragon maybe, don't go thinking I'm crazy, It's just an hypothesis, but I heard that dragons could take human form and walk side by side with them." He asked with a lot of curiosity, not wanting to be rude to the strange man.

Trik blenched when he realized he forgot to present himself. "My name is Trik, at your service!" He then declared, bowing.

thehiddenbeast13

The man stopped blowing fire and looked at the small pixie just had just perched itself on his knee. He heard him ask about his fire breathing and said,
"Well, I'm a dragon shifter...I was born a human, but I have the ability to turn into a dragon."
When he heard the pixie introduce himself he said,
"Flint..Flint longheart."

Lloyd Orodelo

Trio sat on Flint knee. He wanted him to tell everything, but don't wanted to harass dorm one who could shapeshift into a dragon. "May I ask you why are you walking on campus, O might skin walker?" he asked, his voice filled with a mix of terror, respect and curiosity. "I ask only because you are not looking like the regular kind of teacher. They are more brain dead and zombie-like. Or maybe more like under a spell of repetition and their soul just bailed out in boredom." he said, buckling a bit. "You look more alive and conscious then them."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint turned his head a little and said with a smile,
"Well, I didn't exactly plan on stopping here in the first place..."
He blew out a bit of smoke from his nose and said,
"But I guess you can't control where you stop..."

Lloyd Orodelo

"Are heading somewhere?" asked Trik, teased by the riddles of Flint.

He waved his tiny wings, making them vibrate to dry them. He hated fall more then anything, colder weather, humid, cold air... Everything to kill or slow a pixie.

"And can I tag along? If you allow me indeed! I really want to see the world... And I had no job for a month now, life is now boring." he said a bit sad, hiding the fact that winter might kill him.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint looked at Trik and said,
"You don't expect me to give you a ride, do you?"
He chuckled a little and said,
"Well...I suppose you can come...Just let me know if you need anything or need to rest."
He stood up and held his thumb up to his fang like teeth.

Lloyd Orodelo

Ride a dragon? This stranger was interesting. It would be a dream to ride a dragon.
"I would follow you by flying by your side, but these stupid things are getting tired really easily."

He then remembered he was here to gather and sell intel until dusk. But the client wasn't a client he wanted to see again, never taking him seriously and under paying him. But what? You need money to live these days, right.

"It would be an honor to ride on you back. But I won't ask to often, I usually travels in peoples' bag, eating scraps of food here and there, trying to survive..."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint sighed and said,
"Don't worry...After all with your size won't weigh me down at all."
He clamped his teeth shut on his finger and let it bleed down his body. The blood was now being replaced with a protective layer of scales that covered his body as if he was going into a shield. A flash of light covered him and the only thing that was left was a very dark dragon on all fours. The dragon blew out a large mass of smoke from its nostrils and lowered its long head down to Trik.

Lloyd Orodelo

Trik's eyes and mouth open wide. It was the first time he saw a human transform into a dragon, as well as the sight of a dragon. Some came to his mind as he heard cries and shouting from inside the university.
"Not here you dummy, you are going to scare everyone around! Don't forget, Connlaotians are very fond of magic users! But now it's to late, next time you are in this part of the world be more careful!"

As he said so, he jumped on Flint's draconic head.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint heard some of the screams and thought to himself, "I better get out of here..." When he heard Trik call him a dummy the dragon blew a large puff of smoke from his nostrils and opened its large, bladed wings and took flight. He saw Trik sitting right between his two large horns and kept flying. He could see the university getting farther and farther away as he kept flying.

Lloyd Orodelo

Trik was amazed, he was riding a dragon... A real dragon! The feel of the scales under him felt hard but smooth, he could get used to it.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

thehiddenbeast13

The dragon turned its large eyes upward, trying to see Trik. The dragon couldn't speak, but thought to itself,
"wherever I guess...As long as there isn't a mordecai around..."

Lloyd Orodelo

"Oh yeah... right ! you can speak in this form!" Trik said, laughing. "I heard that some of them could tough."

When they landed, Trik flew off the monstruous head, stretching his wings.

thehiddenbeast13

Once the dragon landed it began to shrink and turn into a human with long curved horns that hung over his eyes and large, bladed wings. He said,
"I think I might want to stay like this for a while.."
His large wings flapped a few times and he said,
"I hope no one saw us.."

Lloyd Orodelo

Inviting Flint to keep quiet for a moment, Trik flew around the area, looking for anyone that could have saw them. He came back to the dragon-man rapidly.

"If someone saw you, he would have to compete against your fiery breath."

As he said that, noise of someone walking through the bushes. Trik felt strange and faintly tired.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint looked at Trik and said,
"Trik? You alright?"
He heard a rustling in the bushes and turned his large, horned head towards the bush. He couldn't think straight and blew a large mass of fire from his mouth directly at the bush. He closed his mouth and said,
"If that guy doesn't have a death wish...They'll jump out.."
He held both of his hands on his two separate daggers and waited to see what happened.

Lloyd Orodelo

Trik, landed on Flint shoulder, unable to keep himself hovering.

"I feel... absence of magic. There is something wrong with the thing in the bushes. Be careful!" He said, getting his sword (a small knife) out of its sheath.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint noticed Trik and felt odd. He got a closer look at himself and saw that his horns and wings were now gone. He had no magic left to change into a dragon or use any draconic skills. He yelled,
"Who's there!? Show yourself!"
His grip tightened along his two large daggers as he yelled.