Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Calling Down the Moon [M]

Started by Rhindeer, September 09, 2014, 10:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"That won't be difficult to achieve!" Misae said, and thrust an arm up to motion to the clear sky above them.

"I imagine there will be many starry nights."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Many indeed..."

Now that they were more or less clear from the city, Ky lowered his head-covering, breathing deeper now that his mouth was clear. He looked up at the sun, not even squinting his eyes as he met its light.

Then, his eyes were back onto the road ahead.

"Not to mention there will be many nights in Serendipity."

Rhindeer

"The nights do keep on coming," Misae said with a touch of amusement in her voice. Unlike Ky, she kept herself fully covered; she wouldn't be able to uncover until the safety of night, but that was okay. Her pale wrappings helped keep her cooler than exposure would have, but she was still sweating in the heat.

"We should find a shelter as soon as we can and wait the day out, I think."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Ky nodded, and scanned the horizon, even as he continued to undress until his entire upper body was exposed, kingly muscles catching the sun quite nicely. He stretched his four arms, until one of them pointed off to the distance, where there was some kind of rock formation a minute or two off the road.

"I see a rock outcropping there. The angle looks high enough to pitch a tent under. If we keep going at this pace, we should be there before midday."

Rhindeer

Misae nodded at his words, but she was more interested in watching him. Where interested in watching him meant she was more concerned about him and what he was doing!

"What are you doing?" she asked, frowning. "You should keep covered or you'll make yourself heat-sick."

DaGlobster

"Misae, Kath had a sun many times larger and more powerful than this one. It was a world of deserts. This heat?"

He motioned out towards the desert.

"It's nothing to me."

Rhindeer

"Oh," Misae said, and felt her cheeks warm. She had forgotten that part; it was still a lot to wrap her head around, the whole part where he was from another world!

"Oh, well, just don't overexert yourself!" she said, and then smiled over at him. "How are you liking the ride?"

DaGlobster

"It's uncomfortable as all hells," Ky said flatly, but looked over to Misae and smiled.

"But with you, I can manage."

Rhindeer

Misae couldn't help but snicker at that. "You say that now. Get back to me after we've been riding a few hours and you can no longer feel your bottom and your thighs are on fire."

DaGlobster

"I want to say that I've been in worse positions for much longer, but this is completely new to me," he said, and looked over to Mei.

"I suppose we'll see."

Rhindeer

"Worse?" Misae asked, curious now.

"You can't just say something like that and not give details!"

DaGlobster

"Well, as you know, I travel this world on a long pilgrimage. I visit natural sites and meditate within them, and I've meditated in quite many a places."

He crossed his two free arms.

"I found this beach, once, on the coast of Serendipity. I was so moved by its beauty that I sat at the very shore, and meditated for two days. When my trance wore out, it's like I was one with the earth. Up to my chest in sand, sticky with dried saltwater, and home to several crabs and insects."

Rhindeer

Misae burst into laughter at that, shaking her head at the visual. How he'd managed to stay in a trance undisturbed while the water rose and ebbed around him was an utter mystery to her. But then again, she'd never gotten into the practice of meditation. She just couldn't quiet her thoughts like that.

"And you never felt the water once?" she said. "You could have drowned!"

DaGlobster

"Well, if I started drowning, I would've woken up. But apart from the discomfort of waking, it was one of the most peaceful meditations I ever had."

The distant rock was getting closer now. Soon, they'd be able to relax.

Rhindeer

Misae shook her head, smiling wryly. "I can't even imagine. Every time I ever tried to meditate, I just fell asleep," she said. "Not that I had much opportunity to try..."

And she clicked her tongue and nudged the camel with her heels to urge it to a steady trot, watching to see that Ky was doing okay. At that pace, it wasn't long at all before, finally, they reached their goal.

DaGlobster

"Well, it takes discipline and fortitude that only a life as long as mine could bring."

------------------

The rock was large, and the way it stuck out of the ground at an angle allowed for there to be shade beneath it during the day.

"This looks comfortable," Ky said, looking up as he prepared to dismount his camel.

Rhindeer

Misae coaxed her own camel to kneel with a simple, short word, and then slid off its back and adjusted her clothes. It was a little later in the day now, and wouldn't be too much longer until evening. Thankfully, because it was horribly hot, and Misae was definitely sweating, even if her clothes wicked it away and the air dried it fast.

"It'll do, definitely," she said as she headed beneath the shade and sat down with a relieved sigh. Beneath the safety of the shade, she removed her veil and pushed back her head wrap, sighing again as her skin got a chance to breathe. "We should rest while we can, conserve our energy until nightfall."

DaGlobster

"I was going to suggest the same," said Ky, mimicking the word Misae used to settle down her camel to take care of his own. He walked over to her, not a single bead of sweat on his body (Kathractians lacked them, heat was vented through the crests on their heads), and sat down. He adopted a cross-legged position right next to her.

"It'll be a couple hours," Ky said, and looked to Misae, meeting her eyes.

"Until nightfall, that is."

Rhindeer

"Enough time to be rested!" Misae said as she leaned back against a large, rounded stone. She yawned and wiped some sweat from her brow, feeling rather gross--and gods, if she'd though ahead a little further than just "things we need to survive", she would have purchased some oils, too.

The desert provided everything they'd need to stay clean; sand itself was cleansing. But Essyrn had spoiled her, and she would definitely miss its bathhouses.

"What's the first thing you want to do when we reach Serendipity?" she asked as she closed her eyes against the brightness of the day.

DaGlobster

Ky hummed thoughtfully, and then cracked an eye open to look at her. Noticing she had her eyes closed, he leaned in to steal a kiss from her, feeling up to a little mischief.

"Well, the first thing we should do is secure a home. And get jobs, I suppose."