Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Calling Down the Moon [M]

Started by Rhindeer, September 09, 2014, 10:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"That's amazing," Misae sighed, letting her eyes flutter closed.

"Have you ever been up there? On your moon?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Oh yes, many times," Ky said.

"Those living on the moon were an extension of our own people. Many went there because unlike our home planet, the moon was covered in jungle, and had plenty of water."

Rhindeer

"I can't even imagine such a place," Misae said, dreamily.

"All my life, I've known nothing but the desert. The sands, the storms, the heat, its many animals. Essyrn is the wettest place I've been. I can't imagine that much water, that many trees..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Well, I suppose that even Serendipity will seem fantastical to you," Ky said.

He squeezed her a bit tighter, and lifted his head a bit. They still had a long time to go before night fell.

Rhindeer

"Of course it will," Misae said with a yawn. "I've never been beyond the desert!"

DaGlobster

Ky chuckled, and a hand passed over Misae's hip. He kissed the back of her neck, and dragged his lips against her as he nuzzled her.

"I love how you feel. I can't get enough of you."

Rhindeer

"Mmm..." Misae murmured, leaning into his soft affections.

"Likewise. It's been a long time since...well..." She frowned, brow creasing as she trailed off.

DaGlobster

When she trailed off, Ky put a hand on her cheek, and the corners of his mouth turned downward.

"Since... you've been with someone? At least, like this?" Ky offered.

Rhindeer

Misae nodded grimly and looked away so she was staring more at his chin.

"Oh, I've been with plenty of people," she said bitterly. "But only one other like this, so..."

She flicked her eyes up to his. "Thank you."

DaGlobster

It hurt. It hurt just how much he could relate with that, and he held her a bit more fully, using all of his arms to make sure she was nice and safe in his embraces.

"I must thank you too, Misae. For sharing this with me."

Rhindeer

"Oh?" Misae gave him a curious look, peering up at him through thick white lashes. "Is it new to you, too, then?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaGlobster

"I... I haven't felt affection in so long. I had a wife, so long ago. A people who adored me. An entire world under my watch and call."

His tone was not wistful, and his face showed no happiness. The only memories those words dredged up were painful, so painful that they overshadowed the bliss that came before.

He looked up at the sky, which was starting to dim with evening light.

"I told you that I come from the stars. But I did not tell you why I came here."

He met her eyes and brushed a bit of her hair out of her face.

"You deserve to know."

Rhindeer

Misae tipped her head up to look at him, a frown on her lips. "What is it?"

DaGlobster

"I was a King. You know this much, but I came to this world as an exile. My people were slaughtered by invaders, leaving only me."

He held Misae tighter, wanting her comfort.

"They were erasing us, Misae. So I escaped. I ran away to preserve my species, but the shame is something I must carry."

Ky sighed, and rested his forehead on Misae's.

"I've never been open about this, but... I just felt like you needed to know. That you're worth telling."

Rhindeer

Misae sucked in a breath and held it, going stock still at his words. But her heart beat faster in her tightening chest, her stomach giving a queasy roll at the words slaughtered. Erased. His entire people.

She felt suddenly sick, his words tugging up memories she had long since buried. That one morning, all those years ago, when her entire world had gone red and bloody.

And gods and starlight, didn't she know it. The shame he spoke of, the guilt of living when others didn't. She hadn't chosen to run; she had been spared because she was young and a woman. The elderly, the disabled, most men and children...they had not been so lucky. There were survivors here and there, but their entire culture?

Erased.

She swallowed back her own pain, shaking away the memories, and hugged him a little tighter. "It wasn't your fault."

DaGlobster

Ky was silent for a bit, and he closed his eyes. He'd never so much as blinked up to this point. He let his head rest against Misae's shoulder.

"We fought to the end. They set the moon ablaze and turned our planet into a wasteland, and yet we stood and bled for what seemed like a lifetime. I was Aun'Vra'tyis Ky'For'Ua, hunter of the twin moons and king above all, and I had all of Kathractia at my beck and call."

He paused, and dipped his head up to peer at her with those otherworldly eyes.

"I wasn't able to save my people, my friends, or even my own family. I am all that remains."

Tags: