Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What The Night Brings [Zack]

Started by CalamityMei, September 14, 2014, 12:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalamityMei

The evening was already alight with laughter and drink, the big event having drawn crowds from all over Adela. A quartet played in one corner, joyful music erupting through the room as guests talked and danced. This wasn't April's first big event at The Randy Peach, oh no, she had been here long enough to know what these nights were like, people got drunk, danced till their feet ached and matched with fellow strangers.

She strolled into the main dining area, the biggest room in the premises having been decorated elaborately as tables displayed food and jugs full of wine made there way from one guests hand to another. Her auburn hair was left down and curled, small white flowers dotting around her hair here and there. Her masquerade mask was black and gold, tendrils of black feathers floating from the top of it, above her head. Her dress matched the mask, the gold lace upon the basque intricate as it cinched her in, the skirting equally as beautiful.

She knew her role here, of course it was another night at work, just...different. She had to make sure all guests were fully...entertained, the smile upon her lips reaped of excitement. But alas, she had no idea who her fellow colleagues were, a few of the regular Peaches easily distinguished from their actions and voice. But it was the more ambiguous ones, those she had not yet met or rarely saw. Tonight would be very interesting.

Zack

Schlagen sighed heavily and fidgeted with his mask, the small facial adornment causing him more discomfort than it really had any right to in his opinion. It was just a simple comical demon face, red and black, but it was very heavy for its' size.

Though tonight, he could barely feel comfortable in his own skin, Schlagen held up as best he could. He looked the part of high-end entertainer, but he was nervous about how he would be received by the other Peaches and their customers on his first big event at the establishment. Male courtesans weren't very common from what he understood, and their number might dwindle down by one if he were to slip up or upset any of the patrons in any way tonight.

Wearing his fanciest white dress shirt and having donned a beautiful black leather vest over it, on top of the tight-fitting tan breeches and black leather boots, Schlagen was feeling quite hot in the main dining area. It wasn't cloistered, not just yet, but nevertheless there were enough bodies to make the heat in the room quickly rise.

His eyes darted over to the glint of gold on the other side of the room. An especially attractive courtesan had sauntered into the room, and most of the men in the establishment without women to distract them gazed hungrily over at her. He couldn't remember her name, but her curves and sense of style immediately registered as familiar to Schlagen. Courtesan? Customer? He could not remember. Not that it mattered; making friends is what was primary.

He stopped fidgeting with his mask and ran his hands through his slicked-back hair, making sure it was still in place, then made his way over to the other side of the room. Many of the smaller courtesans and patrons were having trouble getting around in the rapidly filling room, but due to his size he was able to get to where he wanted very easily.

He extended a hand in greeting to the beautiful woman. "Hello, miss. How are you this evening?"

CalamityMei

The gentleman who approached her was charming, that and rather, dashing; perhaps it was the leather vest. Her eyes glided over him, face to feet, then back again before they met his, her eyelashes hugged her cheeks as she leant forward ever so slightly. "I am fine, sir." She purred the formality, the man unknown to her, which made the situation all the more interesting.

Of course she knew all men's real intentions in talking to her, it was all small talk, like foreplay to keep the night flowing, keep the tension rising and the steady heat in the room that much more intense. She wasn't naive to scenarios such as these, in fact she relished in them, being a Courtesan for so long has taught her many wise things; skilful things.

"How about yourself? Enjoying the party?" She reached for a goblet on a nearby table, red wine already filled with it. Bringing it to her lips she sipped the liquid, the warm fruitiness filling her senses.

Zack

It was hard for the large man not to be instantly spellbound by the woman. Though he prided himself on self-control and coolness even while hot under the collar, beyond being beautiful this woman was exactly Schlagen's type, right down to her voice. Shaking his head as if to clear it, he flashed a winning smile her way in an attempt to combat her charms.

"I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking." He grimaced lightly, a sweaty man behind him nudging up against him lightly and coating his back with foreign body fluids. "Though, it certainly heated up in this room quickly. I'd have thought it would be cool in here this time of year."

He made like her and grabbed a goblet off of a passing server's plate, taking a generous first sip. "So, is this your first time coming to one of these gatherings? I've never been to a masquerade before, I must say it's a little unnerving despite the excitement."

CalamityMei

There was something about this man that got under her skin, in a very good way of course, his smile did not go unnoticed and she couldn't help but flash her own. The smile was feminine, playful but mature, the feature to the keen eye would show experience but fun with said experience.

April nudged out of the way from a small group, eager to raid the table of food as they giggled and swooped like hawks at the feast. She came closer to Schlagen now, the smell of her perfume gently permeating in the space between them. "Ah no, I have been to a few. It's unnerving for those less experienced, relax and you'll enjoy it more." She nodded at his drink, that was the culprit of loosening up everyone, the bait for the patrons, it made an evening that much more eventful.

Most would leave when the evening reached its peak, but here, at The Randy Peach, people didn't leave till early dawn. The song changed into a more joyful tune, one April knew well and even knew the dance to, it was tradition at festivities for the song to play and most would know of its origin. She gave a small smirk as she spoke loudly over the music and the guests cheering. "Say, you wouldn't be a man who could dance?" Of course, dancing was just a ploy, an excuse for people to get closer to those who have caught their eyes. An excuse to touch tenderly where in any other situation would be deemed inappropriate, but not here, and not now.

Zack

Schlagen nodded enthusiastically, being driven both by the familiar tune and the scent of the perfume that was wafting through the air. "As a matter of fact, I would love to dance." Looking around, he saw the already crowded room was filling up more as the musicians played in earnest, seemingly saving most if not all of their energy for the song.

Downing his cup with great haste and nearly grimacing as he felt it catch in his throat, one gulp too many almost causing him to choke and sputter, he extended his hand to the woman for her to take. "I hope you don't mind if I lead. It's the most familiar position of the dance to me."

What he said was a half-truth. He was more familiar with the lead, but more desired to see what kind of woman she was; how a woman danced was a good example of how she was in other aspects in his experience. And Schlagen was very interested in seeing how she was.

CalamityMei

"Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less." She bowed her head slightly, a smile playing on her lips as she took his hand, her fingertips gently caressing his palm as they waltzed out into the already dancing crowd. The dance wasn't difficult, nor was it entirely exciting, but the closeness and the hands gliding on the curves of bodies made the dance a spectacle.

She guided his hand to her waist, modestly placed not too high but not too low, while one clasped his shoulder. It wasn't long before she found his hand again and the movement was innate as they stepped and swayed to the music, in unison with the other guests.

April found herself pressing into him slightly, the dance requiring occupants to be close, and as they stepped backwards together it wasn't long before she found her rhythm, her feet matching his. She looked up at him under long eyelashes, taking time now to take in details, from Schlagen's chiselled jawline, to the blonde slicked back hair.

"You've done this before haven't you?" Her voice was laced with mild surprise at his dancing ability, usually she was good at reading people, but he was turning out to be a slight dark horse.

Zack

Schlagen followed suit with her bow, and continued onto the floor with her.

As they placed their hands, Schlagen couldn't help but feel a little thrill climb up his spine at the touch of her hand. It was firm, but gentle, and he could tell that she knew what she was doing as soon as she began to move. Not wanting to be outstripped, he fell into rhythm as best he could, making sure not to be too swift or too lagging.

He gazed down at her as she looked up at him, her mask forcing him to take in what pieces of beauty he could perceive; her eyes, her hair, the curve of her body... he told himself not to get distracted, and continued the dancing with enthusiasm.

Knowing that the whole purpose of the masquerade was to not let on to your identity, Schlagen chuckled a little lowly as he thought of a response to her query. "Yes... err... a hazard of my... profession. It's good manners to be a somewhat decent dancer." Due to already showing interest in her beauty, he was sure that he could pass off his stammering as nervousness or some other thing.

CalamityMei

She could tell from how he looked at her, he was trying to clock everything he could, after all that was the fun of a masquerade, you could be anyone you wanted to be for one night. She took note of his stammering, finding it strangely comforting, showing that the situation between them was very much so real. What she wouldn't give right now to know what his profession was, however, it would ruin the whole façade of this evening.

"In my profession, dancing is practically essential." She gave that small smirk again, swaying to the music as it tapered to its climax, the song demanding more from them as they danced. "And before you ask, no...I am not a dancer." She couldn't help but drop him little hints here and there, it would make for a long evening, and one thoroughly enjoyed by both, that she was sure of.

Zack

As the dance was leading into the last few movements, Schlagen could feel himself beginning to exert a little. "You may not be one, but you could fool anybody in here as to otherwise."

As the dance came to an end, Schlagen halted before her and panted lightly, the dance taking more out of him than he thought when coupled with the ascending heat. A nearby server passed with goblets of wine once more, and Schlagen praised his good fortune as he grabbed one for both himself and his partner. He made a small face of discomfort as he wiped away light sweat from around his mask, the little thing annoying him with discomfort once more.

He glanced over at her, not knowing what to say. Extending the second goblet to her, he just said whatever first came to mind; "Your mask is very well-made. Mine has been bothering me all night, and doesn't look nearly half as good. I'll have to have you recommend me a maker next time one of these gatherings occurs."

CalamityMei

She offered a smile at his compliments, as she sipped from the goblet. "Why thank you, but I am sure you are more tempted to see what is underneath." She teased by playing with the edge of it, her fingers gingerly tugging on the mask, making it slide every so slightly down her nose before she pushed it back up.

She loved exciting evenings like these and with April being an experienced Courtesan, she knew a trick or two to get what she wanted. As she sipped again at the red wine, she looked at the man straight in the eyes, not quite a stare, but not a glance. "I do believe we have no names to go off of? Or are we going to stay strangers for the whole evening?" She gave a small smirk, brushing past him as she moved off the floor as another song sounded, more couples coming to dance.

Zack

"I'm not so sure about that," he replied. "The mask adds a sense of... mystery, I suppose is the best word." He took a couple small sips of his own goblet, savoring the taste as it coated his tongue lightly. In his head he remarked at the surprisingly good quality of the wine, the male courtesan assuming that  it was cheap swill beforehand due to the volume that was being passed around.

Schlagen nodded to her inquiry, offering a mischievous smirk as he locked eyes with her. "I suppose that's fair. My name is Schlagen, though to get any more information than that from me fair lady, you'll have to work at a lot more than a light dancing session."

He looked around, gazing at all of the guests and watching them in their merriment. "Though, since this is my first gathering of this kind, I'm not really sure what else there is to do around here. Are there any entertainers or the like around?" Thinking for a moment, he flashed another smile at her. "How do you feel about the wine, by the way? I think it's a fantastic vintage."

CalamityMei

She found herself agreeing, the mask did add that sense of mystery, everyone here was anyone they wanted to be, of course she was just April, the courtesan, a whore. The wine had already begun its effects on her, the liquid going down a treat as her mind fogged over ever so slightly, her tolerance to alcohol usually fairly substantial.

At his name, she offered her own smirk in remark to his own. "Schlagen you say. The name's April, I do hope this evening proves to be useful in us getting to know each other and I ensure you... dancing isn't my only talent." She lead them to a more secluded corner of the room, able to watch the guests from afar without being in the middle of crowds of people.

"Usually there's a jester or the like that comes around and performs a few tricks, the parties vary every year, each one as spontaneous as the next." At the mention of wine, she looked down at her goblet, then back at Schlagen. "It's your standard wine, unfortunately they haven't got the really good stuff out, too pricey to be sharing you see." Of course The Randy Peach would only offer a very classic vintage nothing too expensive but something that tasted as such.

Zack

Schlagen took her hand as she told her name, and he kissed it lightly in a very gentlemanly kind of fashion. "April is a wonderful name, and I look forward to getting to know each other well through the course of the evening."

He scoffed a little at her mention of a jester, though not to be rude he didn't vocalize his displeasure of the sort, but then she said something of interest to him. Her knowledge of the wines the Peach offered alluded to her knowing the ins and outs of the establishment. However, Schlagen brushed it off. No use worrying about something as trivial as the standard wine they had if she knew they had better beverages, especially when the large man had yet to feel the full effect of his drinking.

"Well then, madam April, would you perchance have any way to procure said 'really good stuff'?" he inquired with a small bow and a ready smile, knowing that if she couldn't he could very possibly get it himself. However, if he were to get it himself, he would give away his occupation and likewise his identity, and that was something he didn't want to do.

CalamityMei

She cocked an eyebrow as he kissed her hand the chasteness of it sending small shivers up her arm. His compliments just kept coming and she couldn't help but smile, in her profession most men weren't as...gentlemanly, but then they were paying customers, what did she expect?

At his mention of the more vintage wine, she smirked, folding her arms as she did so. "Ah, I do but it's a secret." She gave a wink before taking off through the crowd, slowly enough for him to keep up but fast enough that if he wasn't careful he'd lose her through those who were dancing. She liked to be illusive, a mystery, it made everything more interesting.

Of course she equally liked those who were dark horses themselves, one night of fun usually brings out the spontaneity in people. 

Zack

Following the mystery woman, Schlagen allowed himself to take in their surroundings for the first time since meeting her.

Everybody was making merry. Dancing and drinking abounded, with people from all walks of life reveling in the merriment. A smile came unbidden to Schlagen's face as he thought that maybe The Randy Peach was all he needed in his new life. It was a wonderful place full of wonderful people. Despite all the pain that many of these people had suffered over the years for one reason or another, they all found solace in each other's company. And the kicker was that none of them even knew who the other was!

Schlagen focused his thoughts again on the woman before him, making sure not to lose her like a fool after having invested so much of his interest in her. "So, April, I must say that so far I'm glad that I chose to spend the evening with you. But curiosity has gotten the better of me; what made you show interest in me as opposed to the other... erm... masked patrons?" He had almost said 'men', but that wasn't always the case at social gatherings and he wanted to keep on her good side.

CalamityMei

As he followed her it confirmed her initial thoughts, he was definitely interested in her, despite the mask over her face. "You look like a man who knows what he likes..." She spoke nonchalantly as she reached for a cherry on the table, popping it in her mouth. "And what he wants." She shot him a small glance from above her goblet before taking another gulp.

It was then the room shot into darkness, all lanterns out of light and everyone let out a few audible gasps. A voice rang out in the darkness everybody fumbling and reaching out for the nearest stable thing to hold onto, which for April was Schlagen as she held his arm tenderly. This was the pinnacle of the evening and as the mysterious voice told everyone that they would be in complete darkness for an unprecedented time it added an extra buzz to the already exciting atmosphere.

As people grew more comfortable in darkness, they began to wander, using their other senses to aid them in manoeuvring around other patrons, doors closing here and there as they explored the premises. But all April could do was chuckle lightly, closer to Schlagen than she first had initially intended and spoke audibly. "Well, this is interesting."

Zack

Schlagen gently folded his arms around his companion, concerned about the sudden turn of events as the room was plunged into blackness. "What's going on? Do you have any idea what this is about?" His eyes darted around suspiciously despite the fact that he could see nothing. "Why is..."

Before he could say anything else, he was nearly bowled over by other people in the room that were moving about rather rapidly. Grunting with exertion, he pushed back against the unseen patrons and planted his feet firmly so as not to get pushed around. It was difficult, though; the people were moving around him like a stream around a rock, and it was all he could do not to get swept away.

After a couple agitated moments, Schlagen took a deep breath and calmed down. "Interesting is one word for it." He said with the last bit of frustration in his body, only just now noticing the proximity of the beautiful girl in his arms. It didn't matter that he wanted to look at her; something about holding her in the darkness made her even more desirable. Since his arms were already around her, he decided he'd test the waters a bit and squeezed her in a light embrace as he waited for the situation to resolve. "I hope this is over soon."

CalamityMei

His embrace, although not sudden, was slightly unexpected. The warmth he emitted and the equally hot atmosphere in the room meant sweat started beading upon her forehead, everyone bumping and brushing up against each other. Some couples took the opportunity as a good one and left to find the rooms of the establishment, after all, they were in complete darkness.

"Not scared of the dark are you?" She teased as she leaned into him, the evening turning into more than just casual drinks and dancing. Of course, that was the incentive when it came to these particular evenings, everyone knew that The Randy Peach didn't have 'randy' in its name for nothing. They expected people to get coupled off, have that one night on the prowl, and resume the next like nothing happened.

It then occurred to April being plunged into total darkness could only mean one thing. Can masks be taken off? Their identities would still be concealed but their faces only 'seen' by touch, it made everything more tactile, more...intimate. Her hands raked up Schlagens chest, as she kept them there, her voice heavy and lingering. "You know...you don't have to wear that dreaded mask any more?"

Zack

"The dark isn't what scares me, I'm more concerned of any men or women with sticky fingers prowling about in this gloom." As he said that, he brought his arms back to himself and checked all of his pockets for his belongings quickly. Couldn't hurt to check. Thankfully, nothing was gone, and he breathed a sigh of relief as she implied for him to remove his mask.

Schlagen felt a small rush of excitement and anticipation go through his body, stretching out through his extremities. He smiled and nodded, despite both things being unseen by the subject of his attention, and lifted the mask off, pocketing it in his leather vest.

After the deed was done he brought her hand to his face to feel the lack of a mask, so that she had absolute confirmation in the darkness. "What about yours? Though your mask is a bit more appealing, I'm sure the face beneath it is many times more." He drew his arms around her once more, bringing her a little closer this time, and allowing his hands to roam a little lower on her body to 'test the waters' in a way. He still wasn't quite sure where the night was headed, but things seemed like they were working out well.

Tags: