Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This hurts me more than it hurts you. [M] [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 22, 2014, 10:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Briar's cheeks puffed out before she let her breath out in a long, loud, groaning sigh. It seemed that was about as good as she was going to get, but at least he acknowledged her find craftsmanship this time. Goddamn, she just wanted some bloody recognition and praise for her obvious awesomeness. Was that so much to ask?

"Whatever," she huffed. "I'll take it. Damn right it suits her face, I worked hard to make sure it'd work for her," she said. "I'm a goddamned artist. Anyway, that's done now."

She started to peel the gloves off. "Polly'll probably wanna wash herself. Right? I mean, I guess unless you need, uh, help or something, but anyway, you'll wanna use these gloves, probably. They're pretty great."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Polly held out her hands, palms turned up, waiting to receive the gloves. She didn't know about Briar's ability, but she could infer from her observations of the strange duo that were her companions, that Briar did not like to be touched. In some cases, she seemed to even not want to touch things. Rather than upset the woman caring for her so gently, Polly decided to silently acquiesce to her unspoken needs.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Polly didn't reach for the gloves, but rather waited to receive them, and Briar cocked an eyebrow at that. Huh. Polite kid. With a shrug, she plopped the gloves into the girl's hands.

"If ya need any help, just ask for it," she said as she leaned back, happy to relax and soak in the calming water.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Polly slipped on the gloves, and began to scrub at her skin. She wasn't gentle, and seemed to think that scrubbing off her skin would remove the taint of her rapists. She didn't make herself bleed, but her skin was brightening. Dirk watched her from the corner of his eye. He just wanted to make sure the scrubbing didn't go to far. When he was confident she wasn't going to hurt herself, Dirk returned his attention to their surroundings. Or at least he had planned to.
        Dirk instead found himself looking at Briar. Again, he looked from the corner of his eye. Why did he find it so hard to look away? Why was he lingering on the curve of her neck, her perky little breasts? What was the tingling he felt in his loins?
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar also watched Polly without staring at her, mouth tight and brow slightly furrowed with unspoken concern. She was going to scrub herself raw if she kept that up, and tearing off layers of skin wasn't going to reduce her trauma.

"Ease up there, kid," Briar called. "Easy. Ya don't need to go so hard."

She reached up to run her fingers gingerly through her own hair, sighing, and looked at Dirk. "You got anything gentler than those gloves?"

Aeytrious

Dirk had a pair of sponges that he used when he had to clean wounds. He'd actually used them on Briar when she was unconscious. He stepped up out of the water, toward the place his pack was. His attraction to Briar, the tingling that he'd felt in his loins, it had been the beginnings of an erection. Only just starting, his member had grown somewhat thicker, but had not begun to climb as it grew firm. The distraction of fetching the sponges was enough that it was not continuing in it's growth, but Briar would likely notice the increase in his girth. She had not been quiet in her observations of his previous nudity, and while it seemed like nothing to him, she had her own opinions. Dirk himself did not notice the semi-erection, as he'd not experienced sexual arousal before. He'd found women beautiful, like one finds flowers beautiful, the sunset, the stars, not in a sexual way. Polly was much too distracted with her scrubbing to even pay attention to Dirks nudity, which was likely a blessing.
        Reaching into the bag, Dirk pulled out the sponges, and some very gentle soap. He took it back to the bath, and by the time he was stepping back down into the water, his penis had fully deflated. He slowly approached Polly, extending his hands to present her with the washing implements.
        "Here you go Polly, these will be gentler."
        "Alba," the girl whispered. Dirk was confused and the expression showed on his face as she looked up at him. "My name is Alba. Those men named me Polly." Alba took off the gloves and let them fall into the water as she took the sponges and soap from Dirk. She began to wash again, cleaning the places she'd already scrubbed, and while her demeanor had relaxed a bit, she still had an air of nervousness.
        Dirk meanwhile, found himself sitting much closer to Briar than he'd intended.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar definitely noticed. She noticed because she couldn't help but eye him as he rose from the water, though she kept her glances sidelong in the hopes that he wouldn't notice her watching--or notice her vivid blush as she studied him. For all that she acted worldly and for all that her life had been rough and hard and had forced her to grow up fast, in a lot of ways she was still sorely sheltered. Dirk was the first man she had seen fully naked up close.

She dared a quick glance down and her face burned even hotter. Okay. So maybe she gave him shit and all but like...was his...uh...penis just bigger than she remembered or...?

She jerked her eyes back up and dunked her head under the water quickly to re-wet her hair and cover up the heat in her face with heat from the water. Wow, whoa, yeah, now was NOT THE TIME. Not that any time was the time! But probably especially not right next to a girl that had been fucking traumatized? But also there was just never a good time for THAT in general because it was flippin' DIRK and she hated him! And there were several other issues there!

The stupid, attractive BASTARD.

She attacked her own hair scrubbing a bit more fiercely than she ought to, her hands aching as she washed herself, but the pain was a nice distraction from the fast beat of her heart, the weird tickle in her belly, and the pleasant warmth between her thighs. Stupid, stupid, handsome asshole!

She tried not to look at him as he came so close to her in  handing off the new implements to Polly--no, Alba. And she grit her teeth and tried hard to ignore him when he sat down, so close she swore she could feel his body heat even through the water. Her imagination no doubt, but it was no less infuriating.

"Alba, huh? That's a pretty name," she said distractedly, even as she sank deeper into the water, until it came up to her shoulders. He was so close and so naked that it made her very aware of her own nudity--and the memory of earlier flashed in her mind, making her sink down until it was up to her chin, and making her suddenly that much more desperate to ignore him. How goddamned mortifying...

"It suits ya waaay better than Polly. Say, Dick, we about done here?" she asked suddenly, still not looking at him.

Aeytrious

Dirks response to Briar was to stand, exit the water, and check the drying clothes. They weren't quite dry yet, and would need to hang on the rack for a little while longer. He turned back to see that Briar was watching, waiting for his response, and that Alba had finished washing and was now also observing him. If he were any other man, he would have felt proud or embarrassed to be be standing in the nude, with two attractive, and equally nude women staring at him. The entire situation was lost on Dirk.
        "The clothes need more time to dry," Dirk said. "I don't think you'll find wearing a damp robe very comfortable." Before returning to the water, Dirk pulled a small glass dish from his bag. After retrieving three small, glistening beads, from the dish, he placed it back in the bag and returned to the water. The golden yellow bead he placed in his mouth and offered his hand with the other two to Briar.
        "The light pink one is strawberry," Dirk told her, "and the light green one is watermelon. They don't much actually taste like strawberry or watermelon, but that's the name of their flavors. You suck on them, and they slowly dissolve in your mouth. Don't chew it though. That's a waste. Take whichever you like and I'll give the remaining one to Alba." Dirk hadn't seen any version of hard candy yet, in this era, though he didn't spend time in big cities, so it was possibly out there somewhere. Most of what would be available now though, would be nowhere near this refined.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Oh, of fucking course they'd have to stay here longer. And of COURSE he would have to get out of the water fifty bajillion more times to show off his flexing ass and glistening chest and shapely abs and...y'know...

...everything else.

Briar snapped a look back to Alba and was surprised to find her staring at Dirk, though she found she couldn't read her expression. Apprehension? Curiosity? Unease? It was hard to say, but unexpected all the same.

She hunched her shoulders as Dirk returned, wincing as they ached from her wounds. Did he realize how close he was?

"Huh?" she said suddenly, looking over at his outstretched hand and blinking down at the little beads. Watermelon and strawberry? In those things? "Those? Uh...so...what the hell are these exactly?" she continued as she picked up the green one and looked it over, then sniffed at it. "This ain't like any watermelon I've ever seen."

The water on her hand was making it turn sticky, so with a shrug, she popped it into her mouth--and furrowed her brow. It was sweet like pure sugar, a new flavor bursting on her tongue. "Definitely don't taste like watermelon," she mumbled around the candy. But it wasn't bad at all. Quite the opposite! She guessed it maybe vaguely tasted like fruit? She cocked her head as she sucked on it, still trying to puzzle it out.

"Ain't bad though," she added, and then peered at Dirk curiously. "What'd ya get? Yours was different. Ya got other flavors of these things?"

Aeytrious

"Mine was butterscotch," Dirk said to Briar, though he wasn't sure the flavor existed yet. There were lots of things he had experienced that wouldn't be possible for many hundreds or thousands of years. There were times he missed time travel, but he enjoyed his own time well enough. He had a mission to undertake in the here and now. He was a protector and champion for those unable to defend themselves.
        "I have innumerable flavors of them. One of the many gifts of the one who trained me. They are made mostly of purified sugar," he explained. "If you eat too many they can make you sick or damage your teeth. I let myself enjoy one on rare occasions." Dirk offered the strawberry one to Alba. She cautiously licked it before she popped the pink candy in her mouth with obvious delight.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar froze, still sucking on her candy. "Whatcha mean damage your teeth? What's this shit made out of like is this safe or what?"

And then, after another pause, she added, "Like...how many is too many and what other flavors ya got?"

Aeytrious

"As I said, the candy is made almost entirely of pure sugar," Dirk replied. "If you eat too much, and fail to keep your teeth clean, it can lead to tooth decay, and further neglect can lead to losing teeth." He stepped away from Alba, sitting back where he had been before, unintentionally close to Briar. "As for what flavors, I have just about any flavor you could dream of."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Gods be damned, why did he have to keep being all naked and close?

Briar jerked her eyes up to his face and held them there, staring very pointedly at a place right around the middle of his forehead. Just to be extra safe.

"Yeah, well, ya look like you've had no problem keeping your pretty white teeth just fine," she said, and glanced down into the water at her hands. "So, we just gonna soak here all day? I'm gettin' pruney."

Aeytrious

"My teeth remain in excellent condition because I clean them two to three times a day," Dirk told Briar. "I also don't overindulge." He looked down at his own hands to see that they too were getting wrinkles from soaking too long. "Perhaps we should get back soon."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Yeah, or we could always just sit here awkwardly all day with our bits hanging out. I guess," Briar said with a roll of her eyes. "But seriously, Dick, what's your plan here?"

She gave a wave of her arm that encompassed both herself and Alba. "We gonna just have one long camping trip in the middle of nowhere or...?"

Aeytrious

"I would like to get Alba home," Dirk told Briar, "return her to her family, or people that care for her. I imagine that they think her lost or dead, and I feel it's my duty to return her safely to where she belongs." They waited a bit longer for their clothes to dry, then Dirk packed everything up, helped the ladies dress and keep their feet clean in the process, and carried Briar back to camp while Alba followed along. Another uneventful dinner of scavenged vegetables and meat he'd prepared from his recent hunt followed. And when the women had fallen asleep, not before more beratement from Briar, Dirk went about making leather shoes for Alba.
        Her small feet would not need much to cover them, and he had more than enough cured leather to make them. When they were done, he massaged magic oil into them, that would imbue them with an unnatural strength while leaving them very soft, supple, and quite comfortable. The magic would also make Alba's footfalls nearly silent, even when running. Very valuable indeed. Dirk had also treated the patchwork dress that Alba was currently sleeping in, in a similar manner. The garment would turn away non-magical weapons and ammunition, as well as draw in shadows around her, making her harder to spot. With the sun soon to rise, Dirk ventured out to get more eggs and wild vegetables, returning to make another big breakfast for the recovering women. The magic tonic needed fuel to mend their injuries.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar woke early, as soon as the sunlight touched her eyelids.

And when she did, she saw that Dirk was gone.

Alba was still sleeping, which worked well for her. The last thing she needed was the girl making a fuss and outing her. The girl would be fine; Dirk was a nice enough fellow and Briar believed he really would track down her family and see her safe. He could just do it without her. Staying near the guy was bad for her health. One, because of the obvious--criminals and do-gooders just didn't mix and he was so damned insufferably honest. Two, because of the crazy shit that he did to her. Like, what the hell even was all that, the stupid handsome prick. Those were things she didn't feel, couldn't let herself feel, and it made no goddamned sense, anyway, when she hated his stupid face.

Nope, it was all too fucking dangerous and too fucking annoying. She needed to get out now.

Biting back her grumbles, Briar gingerly rose to her feet, sucking in sharp breaths of pain and clenching her jaw shut, and hobbled her way to gather up her things. It was an effort to pull on her boots, but she managed. That was all she needed. She would keep his robe, and he could keep her other things, because she didn't have time to waste gathering them up, not when this was going to be slow going.

So with a deep breath as she braced for the pain, she began to walk out of the camp, slowly, carefully, measuring her steps and watching where she put her feet. The pain was almost too much, enough that she had to swallow back lumps of nausea, and she knew if she wasn't careful she'd just tear her wounds open again, but it was a risk she had to take. This time, she wasn't dragging herself along, trailing blood for him to follow. This time she had a bit of a head start.

Aeytrious

Dirk had left before the sun was up, and had intended to be back before it was as well. He wanted to wake the women to the smell of his cooking, but it had taken him longer than he expected. Finding another quail nest that he had not yet stolen eggs from had proven impossible. Luckily he had found some wild chickens and had stolen some of their many eggs. He was on his way back with a sack full of potatoes, sweet potatoes, sunchokes, chives, pole beans, black berries, blue berries, black cherries, and plums. Dirk also had a large hare, and six chicken eggs. It was hustling to get back quickly, but moved more at a trot than a sprint. He was nearing the camp when he was magically alerted that someone had gone through the camp entrance.
        Shifting his burden so he could draw his weapons, dirk crept slowly toward the entrance. He wasn't too far when the boundary had been broken, so it took him only moments to round on it. From the shadow he could see Briar stepping tenderly as she walked away from the camp. She was wearing her boots, but she had none of her other things, and was still wearing the robe he had dressed her in. She probably had gotten up to pee. Dirk moved into the camp quickly placing his sack on the ground near the place he would be cooking, and put a pot of water on the fire to boil. Then he grabbed a spade from in his pack, and a bit of paper and dashed out to catch up to Briar. He was fast and she was so very slow, so it took him only a few moments to catch up. With his magical boots and his natural instinct to remain unseen, he unintentionally snuck up on Briar.
        "I'd be happy to carry you to the brush where I took you to relieve yourself before," Dirk said from just a few inches away from where the poor woman was slowly creeping along, "I brought you a spade and paper as well."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"SON OF A FUCK--!"

Briar hadn't been on her way to tinkle, but she just about pissed herself right then and there when Dirk's voice was suddenly right there in her ear. She jumped, stumbled, and caught herself against a tree, her heart pounding wildly and a cold sweat breaking out on her skin, partly from exertion and partly from the sheer panic of being surprised. Shit, shit, shiiiit--wait, relieve herself? Spade and paper? He...

...He thought she was just heading off to pee?

She turned around carefully, leaned her back against the tree, and crossed her arms over her chest, flashing Dirk her brightest, toothiest smile. "Dirky! My man! Buddy! That's...that's so amazingly sweet of ya! Bringing me paper and stuff! 'Cause I forgot it like a big fat silly! Oi!" She smacked her forehead with her open palm, then yelped as pain spiked through her hand and tucked it back under her arm.

"'Cause wow, yeah, I sure gotta pee like a hibernating dragon, let me tell you. That's why I'm all the way out here. Just...you know...peeing. Heh."

Aeytrious

Dirks eyes narrowed at Briar's strange behavior. Had he really startled her that much? She was behaving a bit suspiciously. She said she needed to pee though, so he handed her the spade and paper, and then swept her up into his arms, making sure not to touch her skin. He walked the few yards remaining to the place he'd taken her to relieve herself previously, and after setting Briar down, dug a small hole in the ground next to the tree for her. He stepped around the other side to give her a bit of privacy while she did her business.
        "I got a good amount of fresh food to supplement the dried goods I have in my pack," Dirk told Briar. While he waited seemed as good a time as any to talk to her. It didn't occur to him that Briar might feel awkward about it. "I even found real chicken eggs, and a plum tree." Dirk stood there for a moment and thought back to earlier conversations they'd had. He was trying to learn to be social, and trying to pick up on social cues. A topic from their first bath together had stuck with him, and he brought up the question again now.
        "Do your tattoos really mean nothing? They seem pretty specific to mean nothing."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: