Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Major Questions about a Sci Fi Race I'm Working On

Started by Ethereal-Star, October 13, 2014, 11:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

I know, I know, I should really post this on the RotE forum board, however I don't yet have an account there. I plan on joining soon, but in the meantime....I have some questions about an alien race I am trying to create.

Some generic info about said race is that they called Pleiadeians and are from, you guessed it, the Pleiades star system. Now, without going into a bunch of scientific jargon and whatnot, I would like to know if this sounds realistic on both a science level AND a fictional level. For now, as I am planning all the details out, the Pleaideians as I have them now, are considered to be a VAST race spanning the entirety of the Pleiades. Hence their name. Meaning that they have several planets on which they live. Now whether or not they originated from one or two planets to start with, I don't know, I am still in the beginning stages of figuring this out. But I would like to know if I am getting in over my head with some of the specifics.

Also drawing upon some Greek Mythology here because there is a lot of mythical trivia surrounding the Pleaides and I want to explore that idea and incorporate some of that into the race creation regarding their religion, culture, etc. I ask of members here who have embarked on such race creation "quests" of their own before I go any further so as not to waste time or effort and get frustrated here.

So far, I have 9 different sub-races of Pleiadeians whose sub-type names are based off their particular planet/planets home star. For example, one of the stars there is called 'Maia' so each race is based off of the name of that particular star their planet circles. So there are Maians, Taygetans, Pleioneons and etc. I looked this info up on the web so I am not making these names up randomly. Is this too much? Have I got my foot in my mouth metaphorically speaking? I tend to have my projects erupt into massive epic proportions and I don't entirely know why that is. It just seems that as I work on something, it gets bigger and bigger in scope. Meaning it's difficult for me to write short stories without having them become novels/series instead. Does anyone else have that issue?

Any help, advice, questions, comments, suggestions, etc. would be welcomed.   

Ethereal-Star

Actually, giving this some more thought, I have determined that the 'race' Pleiadeian should actually encompass several different races and species, that are collectively called Pleiadeians by outsiders. In actuality, the different sub-types would be their own particular species not related to the other types and species. The only thing they would have in common is their generic location in the Pleiades. Other than that they would have their own cultures, greetings, societies, kingdoms, history, appearances, customs, etc. Think of it like the word 'Fae', 'Fey' or 'Fair Folk' is an umbrella term. So is such with the Pleiadeians.

With that said and outta the way, who is interested in collaborating with me on this massive project? Could use some help and co-creators with this. As said, this is going to be a massive project. I seem to not be able to stick to the small things unfortunately. PM me or post here if interested. I am wanting this to be part of the canon of Remnants of the Earth. I will be posting this over there once I create an account. I hope to find about two people or so to work with me on this. Excuse my being all over the place here, just trying to figure this all out. 

Ethereal-Star

Actually I've decided that I am just going to create a couple characters based off of this idea but not do the entire collection of species. It's just a bit much. I will be posting these characters on RotE. Just trying to play around with SotE's setting a bit more before adding another RP to the mix. Another idea that didn't make the cut, oh well.

Off I go now.