Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blood We Share [M]

Started by visualspice, October 21, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Wicked Basket
This is a continuation of the thread: THE MARCH TO AJHFELD for the mini-event hosted here!

------------

As the two portions of Blaith Harmond's split army merged, the march north towards Ajhfeld's capital had begun, and though the journey had been long winded so far, Igna felt this stretch of the journey was the longest. The winds here cut through the line of men like blades, forcing them to keep close and helping them to move fast.

She would have felt more alone on this journey had she not made a few acquaintances along the way, and though she wasn't sure if it could be called friendship, Jacen Wakefield was turning out to be someone she was relying on more than she should. At night, it seemed, the pair would find themselves in 'camp' together, keeping close to keep warm, huddled along with the rest of the army for whatever brief amount of hours they were alotted as they continued their journey north.

And after only about an hour of fitful sleeping, the army was awoken, and the whispers began to make their way through camp:
The capital was just ahead- not even an hour's march away.

Igna felt herself grow anxious as sheheld a breath, listened in to what the men were saying before moving to look into her rations of food. She knew she should eat, but knowing they were this close to a potential battle...
It made her stomach churn and curl into knots. So she decided to forgo the food as she moved to stretch her sore limbs and offered down a hand to Jacen.

"Come on. The army has begun to move. It shouldn't be much longer now until we reach the capital."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"That's what I was afraid of," Jacen replied as he took the hand that was offered to him.

Jacen reached into his pack, grabbed whatever food item his hand found first, and started eating.

"You should eat," he told Igna assuming that she hadn't eaten anything. "You'll need all the strength you can muster."

visualspice

"I know," she said, almost curtly. "But I'm too anxious to think about eating."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"That's right," Jacen said. "I keep forgetting that you've never seen actual combat before. You should still try eating though. The last thing you want one the battlefield are distractions, and hunger is very distracting. If you don't eat now, you'll be wishing you had later."

visualspice

Igna sighed as she averted his gaze.
"I'll be wishing a lot of things were different later." And she fidgeted where she stood, though as usual, she tried to appear calm and collected, but her dark eyes eventually drifted over to him.
"Perhaps we'll be lucky. You never know... maybe there won't be a battle."
Though she had a feeling there would.

Wicked Basket

"There will be," Jacen replied solemnly. "I don't think your Duke will be satisfied unless he gets one, especially if it's to get his sister back."

It was a grim statement, but he felt that it was pretty accurate. Having a sister of his own, Jacen knew what he would do in this situation. If it were him, he would tear down the entire camp with his bare hands if he had to. This Duke, however, had brought an entire army to do that for him.

visualspice

She sighed and gave a nod.
"It would sure seem that way. Let's just hope we can keep our element of surprise. I think that's what Duke Harmond is trying to do, anyhow." And she found herself shivering, both from nerves and from the cold, but turned away from Jacen as she tried to feign it off as if it were nothing and moved to survey the surroundings. The army was already beginning to move, and she found herself sighing again, this time much longer as her breath came out in long, white puffs.

"Guess it's time to go." And she didn't bother to look his way as she adjusted her sack over her back, and moved forward behind the others.

Wicked Basket

"I would say so."

Jacen took up his things and followed behind Igna. He didn't follow her consciously, it was just something he did. She was the only one out of this entire motley army that he felt comfortable speaking to and being near. He hoped that the upcoming battle would not deprive him of the comfort of companionship that he had found in Igna.

visualspice

The march felt surreal, and though the winds were biting cold, she felt as.if she might be dreaming. Ajhfeld castle lay before them, a dark, quiet figure on the horizon. But the quiet did not last for long. The second they were spotted by thettown's folk, the wintery world came alive. People all over were in a panic, even Igna was on edge, and the army hadnt even been officially approached. Or challenged. And so, they continued to march onwards, and the first of the army was now well within the city.

Wicked Basket

"It's a very different feeling isn't it," Jacen said to Igna. "Being feared as a monster by your own countrymen even though you are no different than they themselves."

visualspice

It was then Igna bristled and turned to Jacen.
"Monsters? Hardly, if they were in their right minds they'd know the real monster is the Grand Duke and his laws."

Wicked Basket

"That is true, but they are not in their right minds. To them, we are the enemy."

visualspice

It was still a hard pill to swallow, and she grew quiet and turned away from him.

Wicked Basket

"I'll just be glad when this is all over," Jacen commented. "Then I won't have to fear my own country anymore, my sister wouldn't have to fear for my life whenever I left the house, and there would be no more killing."

Jacen sighed and looked at the ground as he walked.

"I'm so tired of killing."

visualspice

Igna digested over what he said, and gave a long sigh, creating a whispy trail of white from her mouth.

"It's hard to think this is the only option. But what other way is there than to stand up for what we believe in? I haven't killed anyone, so I'm illprepared for the horrors I'll face, but I am glad I am here. And doing what I think is right."

Wicked Basket

"Hold on to that feeling," Jacen advised. "At one point or another, it'll be the only thing that keeps you going."

Jacen couldn't even remember how many times he had told himself 'I'm doing the right thing.' Killing was never right. Loss of life was never really worthwhile. War doesn't determine who is right. It only determines who is left, and whoever remains gets it their way.

visualspice

It was then Igna paused and turned in his direction. And she actually afforded him a small smile.
"Thanks. That means a lot to me, so I'll keep it in mind.

Wicked Basket

"Anytime," Jacen replied simply, returning the smile.

It was a rare sight. There usually weren't many smiles on the eve of battle, so it was a sight that Jacen planned to hold onto, especially since the smile came from Igna. Igna just seemed so innocent seeing as how she had not yet experienced the horrors of war. It pained him to know that she would soon be the same hollow shell that he himself had become.

visualspice

The air was tense as the castle crept into view, and Igna could actually see the town coming alive. She wasn't near the front, but when the army was halted at the gates, it was hard to ignore the demanding bellows of her duke, and the angered replies from another. But other than that, all was still, all was quiet, except the flags flapping that showed off the proud colors of Turgall.

Wicked Basket

Jacen held his rifle close as the duke began making known his demands. He couldn't hear him clearly and part of him wanted to know what he was saying, but he was pretty sure it was something along the lines of "Give me my sister or die". At least that's would Jacen would say if he were in the duke's situation.

"This is it," he said softly, unconsciously shifting slightly closer to Igna. "This is the moment that will decide the course of history; whether or not blood will be shed here today."

Tags: