Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blood We Share [M]

Started by visualspice, October 21, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Such a comment made her think other wise, but it was still nice to hear. She stole another kiss.
"Come on." She gave a playful tug of his arm. "Let's join the others before we get kicked out of the rebel army."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"That might not be such a bad thing," Jacen muttered.

In fact, he would probably be happy to get kicked out. Then the two of them wouldn't have to worry about fighting anymore and could leave this whole mess behind. Then again, he would be leaving his home in ruins. Of course it would probably end the same way regardless of his participation. What could one man do on his own anyway? Did his presence even make a difference? Perhaps simply running away with Igna wouldn't be such a bad idea. It wasn't like it would be a disgrace. They were the enemy in Connlaoth's eyes after all. It's not like they would be looked down upon. But what would Igna think of such an idea?

visualspice

Had she known what he was thinking, she would have punched his arm- hard. The army meant a lot to her, and was a symbol of her ability to see and participate in a means to an end. Turgall was the only army accepting of women in such a way, and secretly, she hoped this meant great changes for the future, even if this path would fail.

Great things came from slow built empires, and Connlaoth was no exception.S he was not ignorant enough to think the country was destined to remained as it were- and if this civil war didn't make it evident enough...
Change was in the air.

The next town they stopped at seemed irrelevant. She was surprised no one had bothered to confront the army thus far. However, the storm had never once ceased, and here, where the land began to flatten, it seemed the snow was the heaviest. Had they been int he front of the marching army, they'd have been faced with dealing with the wall of snow around them- but after several hundred men had already tramped through it, it was at least walkable by the time Igna and Jacen were walking down the way.

She lifted the fur lined hood of her jacket and peered at the church, which was a small building resting ontop of the hill. She wondered if she could get a moment to pray..
And though she was never real religious before..
Part of her felt like she needed some connection to the greater forces and Gods of this world.

But she was also tired and had hoped stopping at a town meant they could stay in a building for shelter, but the town was so small, tents had to be erected. At least she was still able to remain with Jacen. Once their tent was built, Igna sighed and glanced towards the church.

"Do you believe in Ansgar?" she asked him suddenly before turning to look his way.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Well, that was an odd and unexpected question. Jacen turned to her with a curious look.

"Of course," he replied. "Why do you ask?"

visualspice

She observed him a moment before looking towards the church.

"I never thought to ask... but the small church over there reminds me of the one from home. I had... believed enough in Ansgar to go.... but I'm not sure how I feel now. Something.. compels me to dote upon the act of praying, as I had done so in the past... Maybe it's becuase it had been a comforting notion..... But one has to wonder which side of Ansgar we're on."

Wicked Basket

"I'd like to think that we are on the right side," Jacen told her. "The true teachings of Ansgar were never to kill or imprison mages. Yes they were different and we are to be wary, but this is too far. Ansgar would not have wanted this."

visualspice

She gave a small smile.
"All I mean is... And perhaps its a foolish thought, but what if the will of Ansgar is wrong?" and she studied him, expression serious. "He is a being of war... What if such a God willed for this way of change?"

Wicked Basket

Jacen stared at her for a moment, mulling over her words in his head.

"I can't believe that," Jacen said finally. "I can't believe that he would have wanted so many innocents to die."

visualspice

"I know... It is hard to believe.... But some churches do preach it."

Wicked Basket

"Then they're wrong," Jacen snapped. "That can't be. There's.... He wouldn't.... Why would he...."

Jacen was at a complete loss for words. Ansgar built Connlaoth. Why would he want to see it destroyed? Why would he want his people to suffer? It didn't make any sense. He wanted them to destroy themselves. No, that couldn't be. There was no way. Could there? But why?

visualspice

She placed a hand on his shoulder.
"I did not mean to upset you."

Wicked Basket

"I can't believe that," Jacen whispered. "I can't believe he would want to watch his people tear each other apart."

visualspice

Igna went quiet, eyes wavering as she stared up into his.
"But it's happening," she spoke, words soft. "And he's allowed such a war to go on for too long."

Wicked Basket

"I know," Jacen whispered. "Believe me, I know."

Jacen looked up at the church, then at the army around them, and then to Igna.

"How many more have to die? How many more of my own countrymen to have to kill before this can end?"

visualspice

Igna hadn't a chance to respond as she could hear the conversation from other men.

"The duke- did you think it's true?"

"Possibly. I wouldn't put it past him- he's past due at marrying."

"Yeah.. but a White Lily?"

"You think that's blasphemy?"

"Well..."

"Hans, we're all committing not only high treason, but we're disgracing the laws, and some parts of the church, to the fullest degree."

There was more talk, more whispers, than a man racing past them on horse back.

"Lennett's back."

"Think he has good news?"

"At the speed he was going- it look slike bad news."

And at that, Igna turned to Jacen.

Wicked Basket

Jacen gave Igna a confused look.

"What's going on," he asked. "What about a the duke and a White Lily?"

visualspice

"From what I'm guessing, people believe their an item.." She paused to consider. "The bells from earlier.... They did sound a lot like wedding bells."

Wicked Basket

"The duke married a White Lily," Jacen asked. "What? How? There's no way she couldn't have known who he was."

visualspice

Igna shrugged.
"It's all gossip. Though I suppose it's better to worry about that then the blood and snow."

Wicked Basket

"I guess," Jacen replied. "Though I suppose it would be silly to dwell on rumors about a wedding that isn't mine."

Jacen thought for a moment before adding

"Or maybe.... Ours?"