Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

VisualSpice's SUPER HAND MADE CRAFTS OF WONDER

Started by visualspice, November 17, 2014, 11:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

WELL
So I finally got around to posting this :T
Took me forever to get decent photos of my stuff. The fair pictures of my booth are compliments of my twin sister. I hope you enjoy these!
*And please note, all items you see are for sale! (though most are not on my etsy page yet).
Custom orders are also accepted so just PM or email me for details!

More information can be found at my website:
<a href="http://www.visualspice.net"></a>
Click the image to take you to the site!

Below are some photos of my booth. Once I dig up my 'close up' photos, I'll post them here as well :)

Setting up the booth!

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Here are some photos of a few of my products on etsy!

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

visualspice

MORE PHOTOS OF MUH STUFF!

These are hand wound standing table top decorations :)
This photo features the Christmas Tree Cat, and a few steeler's merchandise I made!
There's also the gourd turkey that, if no one buys he's just going to chilly out in my home since I have like no Thanksgiving decore XD

And here's another Steeler's thing- Snowman Family of Fans in a basket

A work in progress shot of some of my 'Santa Paws' collection items (this is them without frames)

AAANNNNNNNNNND
here's a photo of my basement with my display that is like the great holiday trash heap of holiday puke (lol)

Just so much stuff D:

visualspice

visualspice

LIGHT UP HOLIDAY INSPIRED 'Bird Houses'

This one is 'gingerbread' and 'candy' themed :)

and a close up

And here is the 'cotton ball' bird one :)

(close up)

visualspice

visualspice

Half timber house in winter- created with various sorts of fabrics~

visualspice

Large image to showcase up close detail of christmas tree wall hanging
SO MANY SEQUINS. SO SPARKLY.

Alegretto

visualspice

visualspice

I'll be making more crafts this week, but in the mean time, I got more products up on my etsy page for those who are interested ^_^
and I do requests/ commissions through the site, too from home made crafts to character requests. Just ask me about the deets!

Check out my etsy page here!

Ethereal-Star

Great crafts Spice! You've definitely been busy!!

I've got a craft 'snow' tip if you're interested. I noticed you used cotton balls in some of your depictions of snowy terrain and I know of a way you can 'spice' that up a bit. An experiment I did while doing some crafts of my own.

Basically, you take cotton balls and break them up as usual, glue them down with a liberal amount of craft/white glue, let dry. Then after that, you would need to get something called liquid pearls, basically it's dimensional paint that comes in a small squeezable bottle. They normally come in packs of 3, 4 or 6 if I remember correctly for like around $15 or $20 and they come in various colors too. There are actually three ways to use these, but for the purpose of the snow I'll explain just how to use it for this reason, in order to give your snow a shimmery velvety look. After the cotton ball bits have dried, you can then smear on a hefty amount of liquid pearls (not to be confused with enamel accents, those are more runny and have a different texture to them) over the cotton ball terrain and let dry. I use the white color for obvious reasons. :)

Then, after that step, you would need to get some glitter glue, also called 'stickles' and spread that on top of the snow surface, for which I recommend using clear glitter glue. Or you could use silver or light blue if you wanted. Anyway, once that is done, you let that dry as well, for which afterwards you now have a nice shimmery AND sparkly snow landscape. You can add things on top of that to make a holiday landscape however you like, but you would need some pretty strong glue to keep everything in place. Glue dots don't work, the stuff would just fall off. Trust me, I've tried. But yeah, the liquid pearls serve to give a velvety texture while the glitter glue adds more definite sparkle to it.

Just a tip if you wanted to try that.

visualspice

Actually, I never used cotton balls for any of my textures. They're either pompoms , 'fuzzy'textured fabric, or yarn. Most of my stuff is adhered with hot glue and a lot of patience! But that idea sounds super cool and I love glitter so I'll have to give it a try!

Ethereal-Star

My bad on the cotton balls. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

If you do use the glitter, make sure it's not the loose kind. You probably COULD use loose glitter but it would be a whole lot messier, the glitter glue is much less fuss and it also stays put more so than the loose stuff.

Embossing powders and heat guns are also cool too. Called heat embossing if you've never tried that before. But I wouldn't try that on the cotton balls though. Could be a fire hazard.  :o

visualspice

actually, I think there was one cotton ball thing, but that was a cotton ball faux flower item I used for my light up bird house decorations XD
Either way, hoping to get back into crafting within the next few months! I've got some ideas I'm excited about and want to try out!