Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Last Days of the Frost [M]

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2014, 06:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dekka grew stiff, even heated with anger, but at the last statement, it deflated some of that feeling as he looked her over.
"It only takes one time for a heart to break. Perhaps we were over then."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Maybe so.  Maybe that was what had changed her, made her want more of him than he could possibly give.  It wasn't his fault -- it wasn't either of them.  As he had said, this was never supposed to go so far...

"We tried, didn't we, Dekka?  I love you -- and I'll never stop looking for you in crowds or at balls."  Her smile was bittersweet at the thought.  "But I would just be a burden to you, wouldn't I?  Even if I'm not pregnant or on the run."

visualspice

Dekka gave her a smile, forced smile.
"I'm not exactly a man who cares about burdens." But then his eyes went down to her child. "Though... a child complicates things. Women become.... mothers then." he said, eyes now avoiding her's as he thought it over. But his eyes raised again to look at her.

"If you're asking me to stop coming to your window... that's not something I can do."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"But it's something you should do," she told him with a soft sigh.  "And I'm the least of the reasons why.  What if you're caught or hurt?  You said yourself how dangerous it is in the capital..."  Partly because he had performed an amazing escape act the last time he was here!  He was very much a wanted man these days...

visualspice

Dekka laughed, though it was kind of a cold laugh.
"You act as if I fear death."
What he truly feared was before him-
losing her.

Ivory

And this, fundamentally, was their problem -- both of them.  They were so selfish!  And, she supposed, they each recognized that trait in the other...

"Dekka, if something happened to you because of me, it would kill me."  And lead her to do foolish things again, like kill his executioner and guards.  No, that had not been a very smart moment -- but she had pulled it off with a little luck.

visualspice

He laughed.
"You couldn't die because of me," he reassured her. He looked down at her daughter. "You've got more important things to live for."

Ivory

"There are more ways to die than to just stop breathing."  She should know: she'd lived in the grave herself for a few years, back when she thought there was nothing left for her to lose.  "What I'm saying is that I want you to be safe and happy somewhere.  Even if it isn't here with me."

visualspice

Dekka raised a brow, staring at her for a long while before saying, "You.... ask for a fucking lot from a guy."

Ivory

"I'm the Grand Duchess.  I suppose I'm accustomed to demanding a lot."

Her smile faded somewhat as she looked at him.  He had been her everything for so long...  Even this felt wrong.  She wanted nothing more than to let go, to let him crawl into her bed and tear off her sleeping gown, to take her breath away as he had done so many times before.  He had this way of mixing her up, of making it hard to choose between right and wrong.  But...

"I'm not young anymore, Dekka."

visualspice

"Yeah, well neither the fuck am I. I think our escapades are turning me grey. And fuck the creases cutting in around my mouth. Kathryn.... We're already too far fucking deep in this. To fucking want to end it now...."
He didn't know what to say and just set his jaw and looked at her, really looked at her as his green eyes simmered.

Ivory

Kathryn rather liked those little creases...not to mention the ones around his eyes, too.  They folded inwards in an echo of that grin she had grown so fond of over the years...  But that wasn't the point, was it?

"Then," she asked softly, sadly, "What can we do, Dekka?"

visualspice

For a good long while he did not answer her. But when he did, he simply shrugged.
"I always just figured we'd do the same fucking thing until the end. I know we can't be together, not like that.... but we can be together in moments. And fuck... Kathryn.. that's good enough for me. I'm not the sort of man you can pin down, but fuck it, Kathryn, don't tell me not to come to your window. Let me in. Let me stay, and each morning I'll be gone, like your dreams, just memories of yesterday."

Ivory

"And what about my husband?"  It wasn't so simple as it used to be, back when she and Calent were simply married and not in love...  But...  "He doesn't sleep well at night.  And neither do I."  A hint of a smile tugged on the corner of her mouth, though it was a sad one.  "We keep each other company.  And, Dekka, I don't think I want to give that up."

visualspice

"I never said you had to give up your fuckin' crown," Dekka retorted with a sneer.
"What do you think we've been doing all this time? We might be from two very different fucking worlds, but Kathryn..."
And here he actually found himself laughing.
"You're the fucking world to me. I don't know how it happened. Considering you were just another fucking challenge for me. And I guess.. fuck..."

"Maybe I just got carried away..."

Ivory

"What I mean," Kathryn said with as much gentleness as she could manage, "Is that Calent and I are making this work.  It hasn't been easy, but he's let me into his life.  And I've let him into mine.  We're talking and being honest with each other...and I'm happy.  That's what I want...not someone who comes and goes.  I want something permanent."  And she knew as well as he did -- Dekka could not give her that.  All circumstances aside, it wasn't in his nature.

visualspice

Dekka laughed at that, but it was hollow.
"And after all these years.. you'd believe him?"

Ivory

Kathryn exhaled softly and, turning, set her daughter down in the middle of the bed.  The girl cooed in protest, but Kathryn offered her a smile and a tickle, and the girl gurgled her pleasure and remained quiet.  Once she was once again happily distracted, Kathryn rose.

She smoothed down her dressing gown with her palms, then met Dekka's eyes squarely.  "Dekka, I'd still be wasting away in a bottle hoping to die if it weren't for Calent.  He's been patient with me, better than I deserve after what I've done to him.  He gives me hope.  He makes me want to be better, for him.  Being with you..."  She hesitated -- but it was time to admit it, wasn't it?  "I feel better when you're here -- young, immortal, untouchable.  And numb.  And when you go, you take a part of me with you, and all I can think about is how badly I want you back...and until you come back, I close myself off from everything and everyone.  Being with you is worse than the brandy ever was.  Liquor was just a poor substitute until I could see you again.  I can't go back to that.  To either of those things."

visualspice

Dekka flashed her a smile, but it was a cold one. At such a statement, he couldn't find the right words. He simply turned from her, to leave out the window, but paused and leaned against it's frame.

"All things considered... you've surprised me, Kathryn. Here I thought our relationship would go out in a blaze of glory."
He gave a hollow laugh.
"Now it's fate seems to be something that'll die off as unseen as the wind."