Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

The Blood Maiden Journals, Volume I

Started by Bree, December 10, 2014, 10:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bree

Entry One (10/12/14):

For fifteen years I've held this form, communicating only in the barest of ways with Kallu'shir-- he is a wolf, after all, and I must communicate through sound and body language and images sent to his head. I wonder if, perhaps, it might be safer for me to just give in and let one of the famed Adela riders 'tame' me. It can't be too horrible, and it might be safer for Kallu'shir. It's not like I can't escape if need be. They know only a massive beast-- they have no idea of what I can become when the mood strikes. It's amusing, actually. How can they not know, by the mark of my eyes, that I am no simple dragon? I haven't really given any of them a chance to look at my eyes, though, so I suppose it's my own fault. Kallu grows restless here in the plains. He doesn't like it. I shared the stories of the plains with him through images, and it makes him nervous to be here for too long. He knows what I am, what I can become. He's afraid for that side of me, not the dragon--not the beast that has protected and loved and raised him. The difficulty is in explaining that I can slaughter bandits quite easily in either form. Ah, well. We'll stay for a while yet and see if anything--or anyone--tasty comes by. Perhaps there will be someone to hold an interesting conversation with...though out here it's unlikely. Bandits are so boringly dull and predictable, after all. In this form, a particularly stupid group might be inclined to try and tame me. In the other, they might... well, never mind what they might try to do to me in that form. It really is pathetically boring.

Entry Two (10/12/14):

I've had an idea. Crazy, perhaps, especially given that I don't like people and I certainly am not very comfortable being one after all this time, but... I want to start a Guild. The Blood Maidens, of the ancient days when my mother lived and breathed and was Queen of the Blood Elves. My race is dying. We were assassins, courtesans, songstresses, anything and everything we needed to be. We toppled governments and helped the oppressed. We organized revolts for rebels with worthy causes. I want the Maidens back. Without my own kind, however... I cannot choose Elite members of the Blood. I'll have to settle for outsiders. Use channels not known to law-abiding citizens to get the word out.

The Maidens are back, and their Queen is home once more.

Tags: