Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Demons of a Different Kind [Rhi!][M]

Started by Vyraena, December 10, 2014, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

Kiri sighed and placed the blade of her scythe in the ground, then turned to face Kyran. She looked around her at the night sky and the trees. It was calm and serene, despite what had happened. Nature clearly didn't take the mood of the night into account.

"Alright. If you don't live here, then where are we going. If anything, you should be in front leading the way. After all, this is your responsibility now."

Rhindeer

Kyran gave her a bland look. "I don't live in Cerenis, but I'm going to Cerenis," he said as he continued down the road, passing the woman by. He didn't really feel comfortable walking with his back to her, but his ears were keen; he'd be able to hear her if she tried anything.

With any luck, at least.

"You know about things called inns, right?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

"Of course I know what an inn is. I had just hoped you had at least put some thought into this, other than just parading through the city with a scythe-wielding demon and a child that's not yours."

Kiri smirked as soon as Kyran had passed her. Something about him made her laugh, most likely how careless he was in planning this whole thing out. She didn't even give him a few days before he broke under the pressure of her challenge, let alone a whole week!

"But whatever suits you. I'm no stranger to cities, and if anything you'll just get some odd looks."

Rhindeer

"Considering you're the one who sprung random murder on some poor bloke, no. No, I haven't had the time to put any thought into this. Maybe I could put a little thought into it if someone was quiet long enough for me to do so."

Then he glanced back at the woman and gave her a dark frown. "Anyway, I don't think I'm the one who'll be getting strange looks. Who has the giant scythe, wings, and tail here?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

"I'm used to the looks I get." Kiri said with a grin. "I'd say most of them convey fear, rather than being strange." At that, she laughed a little.

"Well, if silence is what you want, so be it."

Rhindeer

"Speaking of which, is there any way you can put that away?" Kyran said, nodding at her scythe. "It kind of stands out."

Vyraena

"Soulsong's not a that." Kiri said with disgust. "She isn't just some weapon, and if you must know, no. I can't just put her away."

Rhindeer

They were drawing closer to Cerenis now, and the child in his arms had drifted off to sleep. The situation had been horribly stressful for him, ad he'd lost a great deal today, so it was no surprise to Kyran. He just hoped he'd stay that way until they got checked into an inn!

"Alright, alright, whatever you say. But can't you do anything to at least make her smaller or something?"

Vyraena

"Yeah, sure. Let me just wish my scythe smaller and she'll just magically shrink." Kiri said. "Honestly, do you think before you talk?"

Rhindeer

Once again, Kyran rolled his eyes. "It's a magic scythe thing that ate a person! Suggesting you might be able to shrink it is hardly the weirdest thing about this situation."

Vyraena

Kiri thought for a moment. "I guess that's a fair point. That might be the first intelligent thing you've said all night."

Rhindeer

Kyran let out another exasperated sigh. "Just try to act normal."

They soon reached the town, and it was easy to find an inn, for this wasn't the first time Kyran had been to Cerenis. He had stayed at this particular location before, and as he reached the door, he turned to Kiri.

"Just so you know, you're paying for yourself," he said, before he opened the door and walked inside, not bothering to hold the door open for her.

Vyraena

Kiri pushed the door open and followed Kyran through. "Alright. I have plenty of money, anyway, and it's fairly useless to me."

Rhindeer

"If it's useless to you, give it to me," Kyran said under his breath as he went to seek out the innkeeper.

Locating the woman, he asked for the price, and was informed the only room they had now was in the common area, where the tables had been pushed out of the way to make room on the floor for sleepers. Well, it would have to do, he supposed! Handing her the coin, he headed with the boy into the common area, not bothering to wait for the demon--he wasn't even sure of her name, he realized!--to follow.

As he set the boy down, the boy woke and fussed, and Kyran shushed him. "Hey, hey, it's okay, we're just at an inn!" he said, as encouragingly as he could. "You hungry, kiddo?"

Rubbing at his eyes, Jacyn nodded.

"Good! I'll get you a nip, eh?"

Vyraena

The woman was now looking at Kiri with a look of fear and confusion on her face. With a small laugh, Kiri tossed the money to the her and sat down in the common area. She placed Soulsong beside her, and then leaned back to get comfortable. She noticed the little boy looking at her with wide eyes. "What do you want, kid? Forget what I looked like?"

Rhindeer

With a gasp, the boy cowered away from Kiri and latched onto Kyran's leg in terror. Kyran reached down to pet the boy's hair and shot a glare at her. "Leave him alone," he said, and picked Jacyn back up.

"Come on, kid. We'll go together. I wouldn't leave you alone with that mean, nasty, lizard-tailed lady."

Vyraena

Kiri just laughed and readjusted herself to get comfortable. She curled her tail around her so that it was resting on her lap and stretched out her legs, then closed her eyes to relax.

Rhindeer

Kyran returned a short time later, with Jacyn sitting on his shoulders, the boy gripping his hair for support. He had brought one hand around to hold onto the boy's legs to make sure he stayed there, and in his other arm he balanced a tray loaded with some sort of stew and a mug filled with milk.

He looked over at the demon woman, frowned at her, and then walked to the other side of the room where he carefully set the tray down before swinging Jacyn off of his shoulders and to the floor.

"There you go, kiddo!" he said with a wide grin that was a bit too wide, because Jacyn's eyes went wide at the sight of his fangs. The boy cowered back, and then--much to Kyran's horror--teared up and began to sob.

Loudly.

"W-what? Wait, what's wrong?! Jacyn, what's--?" Kyran reached out for the boy, but the boy backed up, stumbled, and fell on his bottom hard, and that only made him cry harder.

Vyraena

"Shut that brat the hell up!" Kiri said, opening her eyes. "Is he really just gonna cry this whole time?"

Rhindeer

"You know, I'll bet he wouldn't be crying at all if someone hadn't murdered his father!" Kyran hissed at the woman, shooting her a venomous look.