Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Demons of a Different Kind [Rhi!][M]

Started by Vyraena, December 10, 2014, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

"He also wouldn't be crying if someone didn't insist on me not killing him." Kiri said. "Honestly, what good does it do? Does it make you feel all righteous or something? Are you compensating for somewhere you fucked up in the past? He's worthless to you!"

Rhindeer

"He's not worthless," Kyran snapped. "And I'm not compensating for anything! I'm doing it 'cause he's a kid and no one deserves what you did to him and his father."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

Kiri took her scythe and slammed it into the ground, then turned away. She was beginning to think this wasn't even worth the trouble and she should have just killed them both, but regardless of how heartless she was, she wasn't going to break her deal.

Rhindeer

With a slight "hmph", Kyran settled down on the ground and turned back to Jacyn, who still looked utterly terrified and was sniffling and trying to fight back more tears.

"C'mon, kiddo, it's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. These teeth here--" He opened his mouth and tapped his fangs. "It's just like a cat's teeth! Have you ever had a pet, like a cat? They have sharp teeth, but they still like people and just want to be pet and loved."

He paused, wrinkling his brow, because that sounded kind of weird. "Uh. It's kind of the same thing. I'm not gonna bite you or anything, okay? I just wanna keep you safe and make sure you get some food in you, alright? Come over here, your food's gonna get cold!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

Kiri didn't need to eat or drink. Her body kept itself sustained through the souls that Soulsong collected. So, while the kid ate, Kiri sat there, bored out of her mind. She was considering going out to hunt, but wasn't about to let Kyran sneak away while she was out.

Taking her scythe, she began to twirl it in the air, creating get a sharp slicing sound every time it cut through the air around it. If she wanted to keep Soulsong satisfied, she wouldn't be able to go more than a day or so without collecting another soul.

She was getting a good deal of entertainment from tormenting the kid, and loved Kyran's reactions, so she continued. "Hey, kid. What's your favorite thing about me?"

Rhindeer

Kyran had just gotten the boy to start picking at his meal when Kiri had to ruin everything. First, it was the twirling of her scythe that got the kid's attention as he stopped eating to watch her, fearfully, flinching each time the blade made its arc through the air as though she might decide to use it on him.

Which, as far as the poor boy knew, she might.

And then she spoke, and Kyran shot her a glare. "Would you stop that? Jacyn, don't answer her. Just...don't even pay attention to her, okay?"

Vyraena

"Hey now, I'm just asking a friendly question." Kiri said with a grin. "I'm not allowed to be friendly?"

She paused from twirling her scythe, placing it on the ground next to her. "You're no fun."

Rhindeer

Kyran narrowed his eyes at her. "You're being the farthest thing from 'friendly' and you know it."

Vyraena

"Am I?" Kiri said innocently. "I'm trying my best! I've even prolonged both your lives, if only for a while."

Rhindeer

"If only for a while?" Kyran repeated, looking at her with a frown. "So you intend on murdering us later, is that it?"

Vyraena

"Don't be ridiculous. I would never go against my word. I simply mean to say that if you fail your half of the arrangement, the terms of the deal imply that I get the child." Kiri said with a yawn, more from boredom than being tired.

Rhindeer

"If I fail," Kyran repeated with a snort. "Right! 'Cause this is so hard. I mean, look at the little guy? I think we'll be fine."

For Jacyn, tired from the stress of the day, was starting to nod off against Kyran as his meal hit his belly.

Which was a good thing for Kyran, because he needed to hunt soon, himself.

Vyraena

"Well, at least that kid's finally falling asleep." Kiri said with a smirk. "Maybe he'll even dream of me."

Rhindeer

Shooting the woman another glare, Kyran reached down and laid his fingers on the boy's brow. "He won't," he said, as Jacyn sighed and slipped deeper into slumber, now leaving fully against Kyran's side. Full incubi had the ability to visit people in their dreams, to manipulate them there and even feed on the sexual energy of their erotic dreams. Kyran couldn't do that, but he could affect dreams to an extent, and for Jacyn, he could at least make them peaceful.

"I'll ensure he doesn't."

And as he said it, he
was abruptly struck with the realization that he wasn't going to be able to hunt tonight.

Because that would mean leaving the kid behind.

...With her.

And he didn't want to find out what kind of psychological damage she could inflict on a child in even ten minutes. Gods.

Vyraena

"You don't think I'd be pleasant to dream about?" Kiri asked sarcastically, but she changed the subject right away. "You may as well get comfortable. You look ridiculous just standing there."