Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Search Continues to Begin Anew...(CLOSED)

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2005, 12:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"I'm soo gunna kill her...." Axis grumbled loudly, tired from the long and boring trip to this village.  "I swear, when I get my hands on her again, she's soo gunna pay for this..." she continued as they wandered the streets of this not so lively village.  It was dark by now after all, walking at normal pace to get here.  Axis was very impatient sometimes.  Especially recently when she and her sister were sister were sent to retrieve Kalamity so long ago.  So it's basically been eating away at her this whole time.  

"I know, I know.  Calm down, Axis dear.  There's no point in getting angry again." Eva said to her sister peacefully, but Axis knew it was a threat and immediately shut up.  Eva walked beside Isis while Axis led the group, wandering down the pretty empty streets.  "Well, Isis dear, is there anything you'd like to do, now that we're here?  Are you tired or anything?" she asked politely, not eager at all to actually begin looking for the rogue Kalamity right now.

Anonymous

I-GBU, now named Isis, was not affected by the long walk. She as not so human as the sisters, and such things had little effect. At most, she had been mapping the terrain of their trip, and recording the exact distance. Now she was automatically scanning the village and mapping it out. She would have an accurate map of every place they traveled to stored in her basic memory.
She also closely observed the interactions between Axis and Eva, trying to puzzle out their relationship.
It would take a bit longer for her to understand.

Isis turned cold blue eyes to Eva when the question was asked. "Negative. I do not need sleep." Was her mechanical response. She had, after all, just been reset. It would take awhile before a definite personality began to come through her cold machine exterior.

Anonymous

A chime sounded in Evalution's earpiece.  She would have to activate it to hear the voice of her father on the other end.

Anonymous

Eva smiled.  "Oh.  Yes, that’s right." She smiled sheepishly.  "I forgot.  You're not the same as us.  Don't worry though.  Its more of an emotional tired anyway.  You'll understand it later.  Me and Axis DO get physically tired, but for you, I think it'll have to become accustomed to." Eva reassured Isis, clasping her hand gently as she walked, that blue blood showing itself in a small blush across Eva's cheeks.  

The sound was immediately recognized as Eva answered it.  Eva placed her free hand on the piece and then answered.  "Yes Father?" she responded politely with the utmost respect.  

Axis rolled her eyes, glancing back at the two who strolled behind her.  She shook her head, mumbling something with a frown as she looked forward.  She had crossed her arms and lowered her head, trying to push it out of her mind.  For a moment, Axis's muscles went rigid as Eva spoke of Father.  She cringed slightly, sliding her hand up to match her earpiece to Eva's channel, not eager in the least.  "H-Hi Father..." she spoke softy, wondering if he was still mad.

Anonymous

Isis simply nodded her head. "It is all right." She responded, no emotion evident in that smooth voice of hers. She did not mind such a menial mistake. Then again, at this point, she wasn't really "minding" anything at all. The emotions would have to seep in over time...
Then her hand was taken as they walked, and, confused, Isis looked down at the hand holding her own. She was unsure what to do, so copied Eva, with the end result of them holding hands. She did not notice the slight blush, for she was still puzzling over the gesture she now took part in.

Isis looked up quickly as Eva, and then Axis, responded to something. She realized immediately they were using their earpieces to communicate with this 'Father', but could not fathom what they were saying, and could not hack into the channel anyway.
She was not a stealth android. She was a battle android. She had her limitations.
So instead she listened to what she could, tuning her ears as sharply as possible. She did not know why this sparked her interest so much...
Perhaps it had something to do with the part of Eva now inside her programming. She couldn't really tell...

Anonymous

Francis Tache sat at a wall-sized computer monitor and piano-sized control console.  The monitor wasn't a great amount of help when the conversation he had started was completely audio, but that was to change as soon as the surface data arrived.  The earpieces in his androids allowed him to contact them much as if they had a cell phone, but they could also collect the data on the general surroundings.  In the mean time, "How pleasant to hear from you, Evalution, Axis," he said with a smile in his squawking voice.  Whether he knew they wouldn't be able to see the smile despite the fact that he'd just thought about how the monitor was useless when it was just an audio connection was debatable.  All the androids could know was that he sounded to be in a good mood.  "Why don't you let me know how things are going?  What's the status of your little assignment?"

It was then that the surface data was displayed on the monitor.  He paused for a moment, most likely giving the impression to his androids that they could answer him.  It was just a long enough pause that they had probably gotten halfway through a sentence before he cut them off to ask another pressing question regarding what the data conveyed him.  "I'm getting some odd readings on your whereabouts.  What is that concentration of circuitry by you?"  He paused to take in a breath sharply, "Is that another android?  Did you find Kalamity?  Is she in custody as we speak?  Oh, my, I have such good timing!  Should I expect you back soon?"  He reached up to scratch at his balding head.

Anonymous

"Um...well..." Axis tried to reply.  

"We have had a second encounter with Kalamity.  The details are irrelevant..." Eva spoke Straight and short, glancing over at Axis.  

Axis lowered her head in a cringe, knowing all too well the tone in her sister's voice right now.  It was because of Axis that Kalamity had escaped...  It wasn’t fair...  She was going to get blamed for this...

"But..." Eva was then cut off by Father.  She paused as he rambled on, jumping to conclusions.  She watched Axis's backside, nearly able to completely read what her sister was thinking right now.  

Axis shrank more and more as Father got his hopes up, and she could only hold her tongue.

"No Father.  Kalamity is not in our possession." She answered obediently and unafraid.  "I apologize Father.  What you read IS an android.  But it is not Kalamity.  I have currently adopted our new 'Sister' and having her accompany me.  She will aid us in our search."  Eva explained calmly.  "So, no Father, we will not be home shortly.  Our little rogue Kalamity is proving quite difficult to apprehend." She stated coldly, still glaring at Axis.  "Am I right...Axis?"

Axis froze, stopping in her tracks.  "Y-yes...  I-I..." Axis was interrupted by her sister.

"Axis and I WILL bring her back." Eva prevented Axis from blaming herself.

Anonymous

There was that odd word again, "father."  Why did they call him that?  Silliness, of course he must have asked them to.  They couldn't have come up with the term themselves.  It was far too human a sentiment.  What about an adopted sister?  And no Kalamity?  "So you've found her?"  Confusion was spread through his voice like softened butter, "And she's not with you?  How can that be?"  It didn't occur to him immediately that they had failed in securing their target.  "If that's the case, then who is that with you?"  Sudden darkness crept into his words, "You'd better not be lying to me," and just as suddenly crept away.  His creations couldn't possibly lie to him.  The thought made him laugh hysterically into the microphone which lasted a good time until he just as quickly stopped and said in an even voice, "Come home.  Now.  At the very least, you've discovered something moderately interesting.  Kalamity can't go anywhere you can't find her."  She'd have to leave the planet for that.  He chuckled at the idea.  "I want to see your sister," he said, not leaving any hint from the context of the statement as to whether he meant Kalamity, or the one with them that Evalution had referred to as being adopted.  Then, perhaps to be dramatic, or maybe just because he was rude, the line severed, and Axis and Eva were left to themselves.

Anonymous

Eva listened to everything Father had to say, with the usual smile.  She politely waited for him to finish so she could speak, but was cut off.  "Yes Father..." she replied to the dead line anyway.  Shrugging it off, she glanced at Axis, and then to Isis.  "Well then.  It looks like we will be heading home instead.  Father told us to return.  So Kalamity will have to wait."  She informed Isis in her warm voice.  

Axis was still silent, but eventually turned around to face Eva and her new sister.  She wasn’t too happy right now, but the relaxed a little.  

"All right then.  Lets be on our way." Eva finished.  She took lead of the party with Isis by her side and left the village on the side closest to where they were headed.  Once out of the village, the three headed in the direction of The Mountains where they would meet up with Father at their home.  "You get to meet Father sooner than expected, Isis." Eva pointed out happily.