Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Wild Mage Chase! [Rhi!][Possibly M]

Started by Vyraena, January 08, 2015, 12:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

Faelen walked up to the gate of the grand manor with a huge smile on his face. Hunting mages was what he lived for, and the thrill of hunting on that many others had failed to kill was something that nothing else in life could compare to. This particular mage was said to be impossible to catch, and had been avoiding capture for over a year now. Impossible, hah! They had never seen Faelen hunt yet.

He had been informed already that he would be having a partner on this hunt, but that didn't matter to Faelen. Partner or not, he was the deadliest mage hunter in existence. No one can escape from his fury, and that's without him even using his special ammunition yet. If he were to break that out...

Faelen shook his head, stopping himself from daydreaming. He had arrived around fifteen minutes early in order to be sure that he wouldn't be late. He took his job extremely seriously, no one could question that. Soon enough, a servant opened the gate and Faelen walked through, heading into the manor.

The front of the manor was quite beautiful, with many different trees, flowers and other plants. There was a large, intricately designed fountain as well, depicting a beautiful woman holding a pot of water, where the water flowed out from. Faelen admired everything as he passed, taking into account just how important the man who lived in this manor must be.

He walked through the great halls of the manor until he came to a large, open room with a circular table in the middle. There was a man who he assumed to be the head of the household sitting at the farthest chair, and Faelen took his seat across from him. "Welcome, welcome! You are...?"

"Faelen." He introduced himself. "I assume I arrived first?"

"Ah, Faelen.." The man said as way of introduction. "Yes, you have. As soon your soon to be partner arrives, we shall begin. I shall wait until then to introduce myself. I do not like to have to repeat myself."

Rhindeer

Liam arrived after Faelen, but still on time. He was five minutes early, which was cutting it close for him, but it was still early rather than late!

With his sword at his hip, Liam followed the servant that lead him through the grand manor, idly looking about at the decor as they walked. It was beautiful, but it was so excessive. So much pomp! No matter. It wasn't his place to judge; he was here for a purpose.

Neutralize the threat. Kill the mage that was wreaking so much havoc.

Easy enough. He couldn't help but wonder how that mage would fare when they found themselves cut off from their power. He had seen many a powerful, fear-mongering sorcerer weep and flounder, helpless as a lamb, when they had no fire to summon or lightning to fling.

It wasn't long before he found himself in a large chamber, and he saw that two men were already present. One was obviously the lord, by his dress, and the other...well, that must be his partner.

With a polite nod to the both of them, he stepped inside and took a seat several chairs down from Faelen. "I hope I'm not late."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

"Not at all." The nobleman said with a smile. "In fact, you're both here slightly early. I'm glad, that means you take your work seriously."

The man cleared his throat, then continued. "I am Lord Varus, but I am sure you know that already, otherwise you wouldn't have been chosen for this mission. I have heard incredible things about both of your abilities."

As Lord Varus talked, Faelen took the opportunity to take a look at his soon to be partner. He glanced over him quickly, noting the man's features and trying to assess his capability.

"We have been having a bit of trouble in this region lately." Lord Varus continued. "There is a particular mage who has been a great threat, and as such I have branched out to people who have your particular kind of talent for neutralizing mages. Which one of you is the Mordecai?"

Rhindeer

Liam nodded at the question. "I am, m'lord," he said, all business. Aside from his initial glance at Faelen, he hadn't really looked at him at all. Not out of disinterest, but simply because he wanted to give the Lord his full attention, since he held the purse stings.

He would have plenty of time to learn about his partner later.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

"Your talents will be greatly appreciated here." Lord Varus said, before addressing Faelen. "As for you, mage hunter, that is not to say that your talents will not be. I'm sure you bring as much to the table as any Mordecai, or you wouldn't have been so highly recommended."

Lord Varus cleared his throat before continuing. "The reason I have brought in both of you is because this mage, whose name is Adrian Caldritch, has recently formed an alliance with another unknown party. They have hidden themselves behind the walls of a fort a few days' ride away, and have a relatively large amount of support compared to before. I need you two to neutralize both targets. I figured having a mage hunter and a Mordecai would be better than sending one of you in alone."

Rhindeer

"That doesn't sound like it should be an issue," Liam said with a nod. "I find most mages are all bluster. They rely too much on their 'magic'. Take it away from them, and few know what to do."

Vyraena

"We shouldn't have any problems at all." Faelen agreed.

"Well, it seems you're both very confident. I need your job to be completed in two weeks. The base they are occupying is a three day ride from here. I'll give you each a map once you are ready to go." Lord Varus explained. "As for pay, whatever you each normally make on one of these missions, I'll double it."

Rhindeer

Liam blinked at that, eyes widening. Double the amount? God. That would be enough to keep him comfortable for while--

With enough left over to send his sister.

Sitting up straighter in his seat, Liam struggled to keep the reserved, stoic expression on his face. "That's very generous, m'lord. Thank you," he said, but Liam knew the man's generosity only spoke of how dangerous their target was.

"Before we get started, though, may I ask what else you know about this mage and his allies? Every detail is valuable."

Vyraena

Lord Varus sighed, then looked at Liam with a frown. "I can give you all the details we have, but our information is severely limited at the moment. It's a dangerous mission, as well, and it's because of those two factors that I am willing to pay so much."

Lord Varus paused for second. "There are at least two very powerful mages, Adrian and the other mage who joined him. Adrian is proficient in elemental magic, mostly fire and water. Since we still don't know who this other mage is, we are unsure of his magical abilities. As for their soldiers, we know at least a portion of them are mages and spellswords. We're unsure how many are just mage sympathizers and hired mercenaries. Their base is well guarded, with only one entrance. We have been unable to successfully send in any spies. Anything else?"