Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Be jolly on a raining day

Started by Wave, April 20, 2016, 07:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

Nanako:"N-no she was just afraid... but yes let's leave her be for now"

Akibi:"Well it seems we will be stuck here for a while untill the weather clears up and that dragon wakes up"

Akibi said from his spot at the entrance of the cave, He did not turn around to look at the other two and kept a vigilant eye on the area outside of the cave. Nanako rose from besides the dragon and went over to where she had left her bag and started to rummage through it, Though considering how long her rummaging took it seemed that she did not find what she was looking for.

Nanako:"Father.. did we not pack food for the patrol today?"

Akibi:"No, an hour more and we would have reached a roadside inn where i had planned for us to eat at..."

At Akibi's answer Nanako's shoulders drooped and she sighed in response, As on cue Nanako's tummy made a cute grumbling sound which made the girl blush lightly.

Mephistel

Miyawk nodded. Perhaps that dragon was effraid and wounded, but that still didn't mean he wanted to be bite. At any rate, he left the dragon alone for now and sat a bit further away from it, sighing as the rain was falling, heavier then ever.

He looked as the girl was trying to find something in her pack and apparently, didn't found what she was looking for. He tilt his head, soon understanding that she was looking for food.

-Well...It's not much, but I can share if you want...-

He took out a piece of bread sheeted by a leaf and gave it to the girl if she wanted it. As he said, it wasn't much, but it was still better then nothing.

Scythe-Nova

Nanako:"Oh.. T-thank you Mister Miyawk"

Nanako said and accepted the piece of bread and bowed with her head as a gesture of thanks before strating to nibble on the piece of bread slowly, Akibi stood silently at the entrance of the cave and smiled slightly to himself finding pride in that Nanako was such a polite girl.

Nanako:"So... Mister Miyawk how come you are traveling through Adela?"

Nanako asked before taking a big bite of the bread and waiting for Miyawk to answer, She was slightly curious to why this foreign man was traveling in Adela after all she did not meet many who was not from Adela.

((OOC: Sorry for the late reply Nova has been somewhat busy lately))

Wave

Nova had already woke and, but still pretended to be unconscious. This way she at least had some time to make up her mind.
She still didn't trust any of them. Not like she ever really trusted anyone.

The dragon raised her head and looked around with a mix of curiosity and fear.
Just 3 and she could get away. But she wasn't in the condition to try.
Nova put her head back on the ground to not draw more attention than she already did.

Mephistel

Miyawk took a bite of his own piece of bread before answering to Nanako. Passing a hand in his blond hair, he scratched the back of his head.

-Well...I heard there was a old city around here...some ruins of some sort...I interested in these and I wanted to explore a bit.-

He said with a smile. He hadn't notice the dragon moving, since he wasn't facing him. He shrugged a bit.

-You wouldn't happen to know where it could be?-

He asked, with a small smile.

Wave

Nova raised her head again at Miyawks question, and almost replied that she saw something that looked like it on her rather panicked flight here.
But she didn't and quickly put her head back down, hoping nobody noticed. She didn't want more trouble than she was already in.

Scythe-Nova

Nanako:"As far as i know there are a lot of ruins in Adela, But most are away from the cities so i have not visited any..."

Akibi:"With good reason, the Ruins are often home to dangerous creatures and traps, If you get to Ketra you could visit the Ruin Charters Guild, they'd be able to set you on the right way for the right price that is..."

Akibi responded fom where he stood and looked back quickly before looking back outside again, He did notice that the small dragon had begun moving but simply decided to not say or do anything yet. After all it could still be scared and bringing attention to it might make it panic, Nanako looked back at Akibi when he spoke and seemed to be interested in Exploring Ruins.

Nanako:"Are you an Ruin Explorer Mister Miyawk?"

((OOC: Ruin Charters Guild is a guild Nova is thinking of making :3))

Mephistel

(I see :)  )

Miyawk listened to them. Outside of cities seemed right, after all, and fill with dangerous creatures and traps, he had seen that before. There was a good reason for them as well, these places were usually fill with treasures and ancient history.

-Well, yeah, you can say that, there are plenty of interesting things in these ruins, even some treasure and history of old civilisation.-

He said.

-I have seen a few but I'm always looking for more...tough, I'm not all that rich to say, so maybe I'll just try to find one by myself...-

He added with a sheepish smile, while scratching the back of his head. The rain was still falling outside.

-I wonder how long the rain will last...-

Scythe-Nova

Nanako:"It must be very interesting to explore ruins"

Nanako said and looked Miyawk with great interest, It was not often that Nanako got to talk wiht people about things she felt was interesting. It was usually only other knights and nobles that happened to be where her dad worked in the city, Nanako looked outside when Miyawk commented on the weather and took a deep breath.

Nanako:"I'm not sure but i thinks it's going to rain for the better part of today.."

Akibi:"Considering the clouds and smell in the air it should rain up untill right before sunset.."

Akibi commented and scratched his chin with his one hand and seemed to be thinking about something.

Wave

The dragon jumped up as something moved behind her. It was merely a rock that come loose and rolled down the wall, but it was enough to show how paranoid and jumpy she still was.

Snarling at the all so threatening rock, she did not lie back down. She didn't want to just sit around all day, but didn't have a say in that matter.

A whimper escaped her as she tested how well she could move her wings. The wound would at least have her stay grounded for quite a while longer

Mephistel

-Awww...well, I don't really mind the rain, it wouldn't be the first time I ever get wet because of the weather ha ha...-

He said, scratching the back of his head with a small grin.

-But yeah, exploring ruins can be pretty exciting and you can learn a lot from them, you should try one day!-

He said. That's when the dragon seemed to come to life, this time, Miyawk turned around to look at it growling after a rock. That reminded him of his old cat, effraid of everything, alive or not. He did his best not to laugh at the sight.

-Seems like the dragon's awake...Oye, you shouldn't move like that...you're still hurt you know...-

He said as he got up, but didn't came any closer to the dragon, he didn't want to scare it more then it already was, so he just watched.

-Maybe it's hungry...-

He wondered out loud. Taking a piece of bread and dry meat, he extended it toward the dragon, see if she would want some.

Wave

Nova backed off slightly as Miyawk got up.
She tried to look at him with the blankest stare possible while desperately trying not to laugh. At this pace she wouldn't keep this trick up for long.
To not just stand there and stare, she titled her head slightly to the side.

But this also was a good opportunity to make them think she really was just a wounded dragon. With that in mind, she slowly approached after some time, watching every move he'd make.

Scythe-Nova

((OOC:Could we keep to a post order? Nova then Mephi and then Wave?))

Nanako:"Maybe when i'm a little older i-"

Nanako was interupted by the little dragon springing to life and looked back at her with curious eyes, She observed how Miyawk stayed where he stood when offering the dragon some food. It was the right move as one should not approach a wounded dragon but stay where one stands to build trust, there were of course exceptions like earlier when the dragon had tried to run.

Akibi:"..."

Nanako:"C-could you tell us what happened to you?"

Nanako asked the dragon and looking at her with curious and slightly worried eyes, To Nanako's knowledge dragons learned how to speak early on in their life so she did not find it strange to ask the dragon. Akibi kept a watchfull eye on the little dragon ready to act at the first sign of aggression, Akibi would not want to harm the dragon but he would not allow Nanako to be harmed in any way.

Mephistel

(ooc: I think that'll make it easier to follow ^^)

Miyawk simply waited for the dragon to come, watching it advance slowly, unsure as they were both watching each other. He didn't move more then needed, his hand open, extended toward the young dragon with the food in it.

He had no idea how to deal with these. He wasn't a tamer, nor did he knew much about animals in general, despite been the vessel of one. His expression was calm, as much as it could be, but he wasn't the most patient person.

-C'mon...if we wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't have remove that bolt...and Nanako wouldn't have treated you...-

He wondered if that was a bit too rough of him.

Wave

Nova froze at Nanakos question. Rational thinking was already not an option again as the panic packed her once more.

How much did they know? She didn't exactly trust them before, but had no reason to believe that they wanted to harm her.

She was too busy panicking, backing off again while frantically looking for a way to run.

The dragon was stopped by the wall behind her that. That was the moment Miyawks last words rang in her head again.

Treat me? What did they...
She looked at her wound for the first time and finally calmed down as she saw that it was stitched.
The dragon collapsed again, but didn't black out.
Lying on the ground, her breathing calmed. She didn't answer Nanakos question, nor did she intend on doing it. They'd just ask even more...

Scythe-Nova

Nanako looked upon the dragon when it turned and looked at it's treated wound with held breath, She breathed out in relief when the Dragon just slumped over instead of panicing even more and she took a carefull step foward and crouched down while looking at the Dragon.

Nanako:"Sorry, i only had that coarse thread to use..."

She eyed her stitchwork and felt a little bad about the possibility of the wound leaving a scar on the dragon, She sat down and kept on eating on the piece of bread that she had been given and looked over towards her father.

Akibi:"I'm going out for a bit.."

He simply said before moving out of the cave and dissapeared in the rain without waiting for a response, Nanako looked after her father and then towards Miyawk with a shy smile.

Nanako:"I think father is going to get some firewood..."

Mephistel

Miyawk sighed in relief when the dragon finally calmed down, he was far from being someone who knew how to take care of others...even less mystical beings! He let himself sat on the ground and nodded to Nanako.

-Well, I wonder if he'll find any that's not damp in this rain...-

He said, looking outside. He sighed again and stretched himself up, then took out a blanket from his bag and covered his shoulders with it. It was a bit cold after all.

-Oh..do you...need one?-

He asked, looking at Nanako.

Wave

The dragon didn't move, finally getting some rest and calming down.

"So - rry", she apologized, pretending that speaking was difficult. At least this way she had an excuse for not answering questions.

Scythe-Nova

Nanako:"Hmm? Oh.. well if you have one to spare"

Nanko replied and smiled brightly towards Miyawk, She took a quick glance out of the cave wondering on how long her father would be gone.

Nanako:"Oh no worries, Some dragons learn to speak later than others"

She answered the dragon and smiled at her happily before turning towards the dragon, The rain outside still poured from the heavens and showed no real sign of stopping anytime soon.

((OOC: Sorry for the late reply))