Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sun Bathing [Wicked Basket/Bleeding Phoenix]

Started by Ethereal-Star, January 14, 2015, 08:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

The mermaid swam through the salty waters of the ocean at a rapid pace. Her friends Red and Waves would join up with her later, but for now she had a desire to venture to the surface and sunbathe on the shore. Just revel in the rays that glowing ball of light could shed.

Turquoise finally emerged from the water with a large splash! that went everywhere as she surfaced, teal-colored hair dripping wet, looking for all the world a normal human from the waist up. That is, except for her teal-green hair and blue skin. The two white starfish were the only cover over her breasts. She was a mermaid, she had no need for clothes!

Sitting on a nearby rock, she idly began brushing her hair with a small comb she had acquired on her underwater travels. It was a white smooth comb, with only one tiny broken part but was still in good condition otherwise. She ran the comb through her tresses and then placed it down on the ground next to her, before lying down on her back to soak up the sun. Closing her eyes, she began to relax and feel very much at peace. Nothing could disturb this moment. It was beautiful.

Wicked Basket

As Turquoise rested, a weighted net was suddenly cast over top of her followed by triumphant laughter.

"I was beginning to think we'd never find one," Captain Blackheart said as he approached. "You're coming with us, lass. Someone's going to pay a fortune for you."

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise's eyes flew open when the net went over her and she immediately began bucking, trying to free herself. "Release me this instant!" she screeched at the captain, a pirate with steel blue eyes that looked at her with greed in his countenance. She struggled fiercely, but could not entangle herself from her prison no matter how hard she tried. She had been captured and there was nothing she could do about it.

Wicked Basket

"Now, now," Blackheart told her. "Let's not be too hasty. You'll be released soon....To whoever offers me the most for you that is."

Blackheart then turned to his men.

"Grab the mermaid. If you swine don't waste too much time we'll be able to make it back to the Call by tomorrow evening."

Several pirates came forward and subdued Turquoise, tying her arms behind her back. One grabbed her by her armpits and another grabbed her tail. The two of them began carrying her back to the ship.

Ethereal-Star

Angrily, Turquoise tried to use her tail to lash out at one of the pirates that came over to her, but failed to do so as she was much too entangled in the net to even get a decent hit on him. She continued to struggle but her efforts bore no fruit. She screamed in rage and shouted, "You'll regret this, I swear it!" And she continued to fight against her bonds and the pirates whom held her as Turquoise was promptly carried onto the ship.

Wicked Basket

"Swearing ain't very polite, lass," Blackheart commented. "Very unbecoming of a lady. We've quite awhile until we get to my ship, so you just relax and enjoy the walk."

The thing was they would have to set up camp for the night. Walking through the night wasn't an option. The men were already exhausted and grumbling as it was. A close eye would need to be kept on that mermaid so that she didn't try anything crafty.

Ethereal-Star

As the captain's words and the reality of her situation began to sink in, Turquoise's eyes became wide with fear. How was she going to get out of this one? Curse it all for this happening again! The walk continued for some time, but Turquoise didn't relax. Not at all. She made sure to give them as much hell as she possibly could, screaming obscenities at them until her voice began to get hoarse from the effort.

It was starting to become dark out and Turquoise began to berate herself for her foolishness. But then again, how was she to know this was going to happen? She screamed a final time before going quiet, not knowing what else to do.

Wicked Basket

A collective sigh of relief could be heard amongst the crew as Turquoise finally went silent. The two that had been carrying her were certain that they had gone deaf, but they didn't dare oppose the Captain. As it became darker outside Blackheart turned to his men.

"That's far enough, lads," he announced. "We'll stop here for the night."

The crew immediately went work setting up camp, every single one of them already knowing what their job was. Turquoise was put down leaning against a tree so that she was sitting up while the two men that had carried her went to tend to their own duties in setting up camp. Blackheart walked over to Turquoise and looked down at her.

"You're quite the screamer, lass."

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise looked up sullenly at the captain, her magenta-purplish eyes burning with indignation at her predicament. There was no way she could get back to the water from here. She was stuck. "Where are you taking me?" she asked him, defiance shining in her eyes.

((I made a slight edit in my first post due to a boo boo I had overlooked at first. It doesn't change anything that's happened though.))

Wicked Basket

"I'm taking ye to the mainland," Blackheart replied. "There be plenty of rich snobs that would pay a fortune to have a mermaid. You're kind are rare, which is another word for valuable."

Ethereal-Star

"You cannot do that! The mainland is too far from the sea! I'll die if I go too long without water!" Desperation began to form in her eyes and she pleaded with him, "Please, let me go? I'm no good to you or anyone dead!"

Even though it hadn't been long enough for the lack of water to have any effect on Turquoise yet, it was only a matter of time if these stupid pirates didn't release her back into the ocean. She could not let that happen. Turquoise thought about using her siren-song ability on them, but she obviously was not in the right frame of mind to attempt this. Hopefully later she could try, although the effects while powerful, could be resisted by those of very strong will. Weaker minds stood no chance.

"What does this person want with me? I have a right to know!" she demanded.

Wicked Basket

"Don't know, don't care," the Captain replied. "And if it's seawater ya need we can definitely supply you with some so that ye survives the journey."

Ethereal-Star

"But--that's not fair!" Turquoise exclaimed weakly. She winced at her moronic response, however it was too late to take it back. "Is there nothing I can do to change your mind?" Hopelessness was starting to grab hold of her, and she would do whatever it took to get away from these men--these pirates. The mermaid did not have much hope that the captain would oblige, but she had to try somehow!

Wicked Basket

"If you can find me something more valuable than yourself, I will let you go," Blackheart told her. "But until then, you must be hungry. What is it that you eat?"

Ethereal-Star

"How am I to do that when you won't let me go? I have nothing on me of value." she said crossing her arms in front of her.

As for his question on what she ate, she didn't respond to that, except to say sullenly, "I'm not hungry."

Wicked Basket

"Well, let me know if ye thinks of anything," Blackheart replied.

He turned and began walking away, but paused to look back over his shoulder.

"I'm sure you'll get hungry eventually."

With that, he made his way over to one of the campfires to get himself something to eat.

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise sat silently after that, leaning against the tree, a sullen expression on her face. The bonds had been removed from her arms earlier as the pirates probably figured she couldn't go anywhere anyway. And they were right. She was trapped for the time being. But Turquoise was determined to find a means of escape. Her only means of hope at this time was her siren-song abilities, but she would wait until only one or two of the pirates were around before she enacted her magic. It would be more likely to work better that way the fewer of them there were to hypnotize.

She fervently prayed to the Ocean Mother that the captain was not one of them as he seemed to be more strong-willed than the others. Being the captain, that was to be expected. Turquoise sighed. Already, the lack of water around the mermaid, while not affecting her yet, was starting to become uncomfortable. Turquoise longed to be amongst the sea again, but she dare not say anything of her plight. The sea maiden would just have to endure the situation for now. And she despised that greatly.

Wicked Basket

Once all of pirates were done eating they all got ready to get some sleep. This mostly involved a fair amount of grumbling and complaining while using anything relatively soft that they could find as a pillow. Blackheart assigned two men to keep an eye on the mermaid, one of which was the quartermaster.

"Make sure the lass behaves," was the only instruction Blackheart had given, giving a lot of room for interpretation on the quartermaster's part. The camp then fell silent as the men went to sleep, with the exception of Turquoise's babysitters.

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise observed the activity around her with growing hope as most of them, including the captain himself made preparations to sleep. Soon they were all sound asleep, with only two of them watching her to "make sure she behaved" as the captain had so bluntly put it. As the two pirates sat at the remnants of the campfire, Turquoise began weaving the magic of her siren-song ability, hoping to convince them to let her go while the others were out of commission. After a couple minutes of soft singing when she thought the magic had taken hold, Turquoise then said sweetly, "Let this mermaid go, back to the ocean of her home." saying this while maintaining eye contact with the both of them.

Wicked Basket

The magic worked on one of the pirates watching over her, but not the quartermaster. As the first one got up to return her to the sea, the quartermaster stood and knocked him to the ground, bringing him to his senses.

"That's a quite trick ya got there, lass," the quartermaster said with an evil grin. "But it won't work on me. There's a reason I'm first mate."

The quartermaster then sat back down while the other pirate returned to his place rubbing his battered head. The quartermaster issued a threat before resuming his silent watch.

"If I hear ye singing again, there'll be trouble."

Tags: