Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Words of the Wise [Silmeria]

Started by Vyraena, January 15, 2015, 09:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

It was another fragmented vision, as he always had. It was never anything concise, never anything detailed. Just vague images and sounds. Still, Magthorrosh found himself waiting by the side of the small pond just beyond the road. It was here that he had seen the vision.

He had seen a figure, though he could not make out the gender or race of this being. He was to wait here for it. He had gazed into the waters of the pond while he waited, and they told him that this being would be coming soon. The wind swirled around him in a gentle breeze while he waited, whispering in his ear. It's almost time...

Magthorrosh had no idea what to expect, or what his purpose was in meeting this being. He only knew that there was something great he could offer them, and something greater he could gain in return. Patiently, he waited, gazing out into the center of the pond and watching the ripples caused by the wind.

SilmeriaElemred

The message Magthorrosh received from the wind was not wrong. Several minutes later after, a small girl quietly approached the pond. Her hair was in two sideways tails done by ribbons that had several glass beads on them. The color of her hair was as black as night. On her pale skin was nothing more then a torn grey dress. But the most visable feature of her, were her amber eyes.

Her walking did not stop until her bare and damaged feet were in the water. She stopped and stood for most likely a whole minute before speaking. ''Water... essential for endurance and living'' she muttered. She cupped her hands and used them to drink some of it before looking at Magthorrosh. ''Lone orc?'' she spoke. ''Books spoke orcs have clans. Yui does not understand.'' despite her words she had not shown any sign of emotion. Not even fear to be alone in the presence of such a large being. ''Does sir Orc know where Yui can find a town? By body needs food. Creator said humans need food or they perish.''

Vyraena

Magthorrosh broke his gaze from the water to look over at the girl who had just approached him. Unlike many orcs, who were inferior in intelligence to other races and spoke improperly, the wisdom bestowed on Magthorrosh through the elements was evident in the way he spoke. "Orcs do have clans, young one. I happen to be a chieftain of one of these clans. Perhaps the book you just referenced spoke of shamans as well? The elements told me that I should meet you here."

Magthorrosh took a while to look her over, then continued. "Tell me, child, why is it that you are traveling alone?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Shaman. One posessing magic qualities. Origin and magic dependant on race, religion and use. Child. Born from a female of a race. Yui not born from a female therefor not a child'' she noted as if it had been imprinted into her that way.

''Yui is simply alone. Creator was bad so Yui made it so he died. Yui could not stay so started walking.'' she took another few sips of water after she spoke before looking at the Orc. She was still awaiting the answer considering the food too. She did step out of the pond. Although incapable of feeling emotions, she could feel physical pain, warmth and cold.

Vyraena

"I see. I was wondering why I was getting such a strong feeling from the earth when I looked at you, young one." Magthorrosh said with a smile.

"My village is not very far from here, if it is food that you require. There is a small town a little closer, but orcs are not typically welcome in some of these smaller human villages. The rest of my kind are not always as civil as I am."

SilmeriaElemred

''Civil?'' Yui asked. Clearly it was not a word she understood just yet.''Creator spoke towns are often not safe for lone people. Chieftain however seems like a reasonable person. But Yui will make sure.'' She looked him straight in his eyes and one of her eyes turned to a more orangelike color with a strange mark.

As she activated her magic both the targeted person and Yui herself saw memories. Both good and bad. But mostly, bad. Murder, and other events that were inhumane were seen. Even those hidden far away or being denied. It did not last long though. And her eye returned to normal.

''I see.'' She said.''I conclude that your actions have not been nessesarily selfish or inhumane. I accept the offer to join you to your village.'' She made a small polite bow

Vyraena

Magthorrosh nodded at Yui, then motioned towards the north. "My village is a thirty-five minute walk in that direction. Perhaps we can talk more on the way. You said your name is Yui?"

He completely ignored the sensation of the memories being brought to him and fading again. He figured he could learn more about what just happened on the walk.

SilmeriaElemred

''Yes and no.Yui is the name given to me by my creator after creation. Although according the notes my first name was project recrea 072.'' She said.''Yui's current name comes from creators deceased sister. I also have been created to her image. He did still found me faulty.'' Despite being barefooted she did walk on a steady pace to keep up with Magthorrosh.

''Does Chieftain have a name? Yui learned Chieftain is a rank''

Vyraena

"I never did properly introduce myself, did I?" Magthorrosh said. "I am Magthorrosh, Chieftain of the Thunderfury Clan."

The wind still blew as a gentle breeze, soothing and pleasant. The shaman was making sure that it would not be too cold for the girl. "You keep mentioning this creator of yours. How were you created, young one?"

SilmeriaElemred

'' A dangerous combination of alchemy, necromagic and ancient forbidden elemental magics. Yui is in other words artificial created.'' She replied.

''Thunderfury clan.''  She said in thought.''Yui is familiar with the word clan. How many members does the clan exist of?''

Vyraena

"At the moment, thirty-three." Magthorrosh said. "It's not big, but it's not too small, either."

SilmeriaElemred

Yui nodded. ''Yui has a question.'' she said eventually. ''Creator screamed very loudly when Yui casted her magic. Chieftain Magthorrosh did not. When and why do persons scream?'' she asked

Vyraena

"Well, people scream for many reasons, Yui." Magthorrosh said. "People scream when they are afraid, or when they are in pain. Sometimes they scream when they are angry."

He paused for a moment to consider something before continuing. "If I had to guess, I would say your creator was afraid of and tormented by his past."

SilmeriaElemred

''Afraid?...Anger? Yui does not understand.'' she said. She mentioned tormented as well and it looked as if she was thinking but could not come up with anything.

''Stopping was the first order I did not follow. He asked me to stop while he screamed and shivered. Water also came out of his eyes. He had just been a very bad person to others. Those with no regard to someone elses life should not have a life of their own. Yui read that somewhere and creator agreed to it when I asked''

Vyraena

"It might be that you are too young to understand completely." Magthorrosh said. "Do you understand emotions? Pain?"

SilmeriaElemred

''No emotions. I do not understand'' Yui replied. ''I understand physical pain.'' she pointed at her bare feet briefly. ''But feeling pain and having to do something against it is not the same. Others who seem my age let water drip from their eyes when they fall. Because Yui lacks emotional feelings.''

Vyraena

"I see." Magthorrosh said calmly. "It may be that I can help you understand better when we get back to the village."

SilmeriaElemred

''Creator tried. After failing he called me faulty and tried to make me again but he never finished.'' she admitted.

When they arrived at the village Yui looked around a little. But stayed close to Makthorrosh. It was not how she had expected it.. ''It looks different then the paintings I saw.'' she said explaining the paved streets, houses from wood and stone and something master called a market and shops. Clearly she had only seen how a human village looked like.

Vyraena

"Human villages are very different from orc ones." Magthorrosh said. "We use things like stone, bones and animal hides to construct our buildings."

SilmeriaElemred

Yui nodded in nunderstanding  and looked around a little more. She noticed a big orc approaching the two.

''Welcome back Chieftain. Found what you were looking for?'' The orc spoke before he looked at Yui. ''What is that thing. A human child?'' he brought his face closer to hers and was a little disappointed that she did not shriek back. But laughed. ''A brave human child. Normally they had screamed and ran off.''

''Yui is not a child.'' the girl spoke to which the orc laughed even harder before getting on his feet. ''If you are not a human child then I must be an adorable puppy.'' he spoke.
Yui was confused. ''You are no puppy.'' she stated and looked at Magthorrosh. ''What was that sound he just made?'' she miserably failed at copying the way the other orc just laughed.