Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Dragonflame

Started by The_Crimson, February 23, 2015, 03:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Crimson

The situation inside the raucous tavern was the usual. Busy and loud. People gave the cloaked person death stares or looks of curiosity as it made its way over to an empty table. The person seemed a hunchback, with a huge bulge at the back of the cloak, but they stood straight. Their hands came up and lifted the hood off. The girl looked to be about 17. She had a few scars, and an usual necklace hung around her neck. She was of willowy build, and her chocolate brown, wavy hair spilled around her shoulders, in the light the strands of red among the earthy browns could be seen. Her eyes glowed sapphire blue.

She appeared very nonchalant and smug. Her sobriety was something notable - most every patron in the Wolf Fang tavern was at least a tad tipsy. The others inside the tavern were either cautious or hostile towards her. When she spoke to fend off the patrons who obviously did not take kindly to her presence, her voice sounded melodious and sweet; yet there was a hidden spark of coldness to it. A notable sword hung from her hip. Made from an unrecognizable silver-type metal with a sapphire set into the hilt. A strange crest was emblazoned on her cloak.

Any others who dared challenge her were about to find out that her hidden talent wasn't something to joke about.

Two huge, muscular men approached her and began to talk in gruff voices. Eventually, one of them made to hit her, but she stood up and punched the man in the kidney, immobilizing him. With the second, she spun around and kicked him in the chest.

This strange girl made her way over to the bar, whispers and rumors quickly spreading through the crowd about her quick take down of the two men. She ordered a strong drink from the barman.
"The locals say-" The barman started, but was cut off my the girl.
"I know what they say,, three sips will knock out an ox. I'll take a tankard." Shocked, the people gathered around her and watched in awe as she downed the entire lot. No consequences at all. She handed over the coin for the expensive drink, but after she placed her gold onto the counter, someone ripped the cloak off her back and revealed her wings and tail to everyone in sight.

'Dammit, now they'll want me to do things for them... I know dragons are worshipped around here and I didn't want this to happen. All I wanted was to come here quickly and then go back to the dragons and the other halflings...' She sighed. This was only going to cause a delay in returning.