Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Animals Meet [privet with Vyraena]

Started by Kitty, December 10, 2014, 07:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty

Kitty spent half her time deep in the jungles hunting animals something very few in this country do and the other half of her time in her owners shop. She also liked both equally. The only time she truly got to play was out in this jungle messing around with poor unfortunate creatures she happens to get her claws on. It was lonely out in the jungle though. At home in her owner shop she got lots of attention however Kitty wasn't very good with people. Her social skills were more suited to cat talk than human talk. So the constant coming and goings of people trying to ask her questions or communicate with her would eventually get on her nerves. Kitty would think for how many people own cats they would know enough about their body language to tell her tail was not wagging in contentment, but no it didn't matter how many warning signs she gave they would just keep coming. Eventually she'd start hissing and growling and at that point her owner gets really upset with her. "Your scaring the customers away with that attitude of yours." he would say and then end up going without a meal as punishment. Thankfully she couldn't get in trouble on these hunting trips into the jungle. In fact every time she came back with the goods he always treated her extra special.

Carefully navigating the thick vegetation her senses were on the highest alert her ears abrupt pivoting towards the direction of the slightest sound. She was the biggest predator here but the really worry was just about everything in here was poisonous. Her two daggers safely hidden away and her a bow and arrow in her hands. Unfortunately Kitty couldn't enjoy the beauty of the forest. Cat eyes were very poor at seeing color.  As she stalked around looking for anything poisonous to shoot that wasn't so small it would splatter on contact with the arrow; she greeted many of her feline friends. This rain forest had many cats, foxes, and other creatures. Obviously Kitty normally only socialized with the cats. There were also a few poisonous plants she needed to collect on this trip but Kitty hadn't come across any yet.

Suddenly Kitty's very sensitive ears picked up the sound of something large moving around and getting closer. Kitty drew her arrow back and aimed at the spot where the sound was coming from. She could probably hit it dead on from the sound alone but didn't want to risk possibly losing an arrow over an animal that isn't even poisonous. Beside she would most likely see the creature long before it saw her. Her eyes were also very sharp. Though if she was to be honest with all the racket she was making socializing with those cats she couldn't think of a way whatever this creature is wouldn't know she was there, but then if it knew she was here why was it getting closer. It didn't make any sense. Kitty didn't care all that much though it was about to be dead if it was an animal of any value.

Vyraena

Miko had started off the day like normal, walking around town looking for something to do. Occasionally she would meet new people or find something fun to do, but today hadn't been one of those days... until she saw a brightly colored butterfly fly by. Without thinking, the carefree Miko chased after the butterfly for hours. When she finally got bored, she looked around, only to realize she had wandered deep into the jungle.

Miko's carelessness and curiosity often got her into trouble, but never anything like this. She was completely lost in an area she didn't know. She didn't know what was in this jungle, or how to get out. She decided to head back the way she came... but quickly forgot which way that was, as the jungle looked very much the same from every angle.

Just then, Miko heard a noise coming from somewhere in front of her. It sounded like an animal, but she couldn't be sure. She knew whatever it was was the best chance of her finding a way out of the jungle, and decided to head towards the sound. As she got closer, the sound stopped. Worried that she would lose her chance, Miko began to run. As she burst through the bushes, she found herself face to face with a bow and arrow.

"Hi!" Miko sang out, holding the note on the 'i'. She was smiling, seemingly oblivious to the weapon that could potentially kill her.

Kitty

Kitty heard the animals pace pick up. It sounded like whatever it was it was on its way to attack her. It didn't matter now if the animal was worth anything or not she was going to shoot it. Still though she waited for it to come into sight. She wanted to instantly kill it with one hit which meant she was going to have to see it to know where its vitals are. Just before the thing broke out of the brush Kitty slowed down her perception of time just a bit just as a precaution. If she messed this up she could end up getting seriously hurt. For the most part though Kitty was very calm. Her tail flicked back and forth in anticipation for the kill.

What ever was coming her way she was positive she could handle it with little effort at all. She was not prepared for what actually popped out though. She about loosed the arrow before she realized she was aiming at the vital spots of a humanoid. Kitty gasped out a large breath and returned her bow to an undrawn position. The gasp wasn't because she had been holding her breath but because had she let loose that arrow she would have been in the biggest most unimaginable trouble of her life. She might even have been branded as an untouchable. That would be a night mare, no more getting pet! "I almost shot you!" Kitty yelled angerly which quite possibly might have been the first time she has ever yelled. Right after saying that Kitty noticed the 9 tails coming out from behind the women. The oddities didn't end there. She had fox ears and seemed to be only an inch taller. Most everyone was taller than her by a great deal but not this unusual lady. Kitty had never met another person so similar to herself before. All she could manage to say is "You have nine tails." in a very shallow shocked sort of tone, while at the same time starring at those said nine tails.

Vyraena

"Huh?" Miko said in a casual tone. She sat down and relaxed, stretching her legs out in front of her. As she looked around, she scratched behind her right ear, causing it to flick back and forth. "Of course I have nine tails. I'm a fox spirit! My name is Miko!"

Miko still seemed completely oblivious to the fact that she was almost just killed. Instead, her curiosity started to peak as she inspected the figure standing before her. "Anyways, what are you? Are you a cat? Also, do you know how to get out of here?"

Kitty

"A fox spirit!" Kitty thought to herself. In Thanatos culture spirits where usually honored and respected but fox ones where known as tricksters that took the form of beautiful men and women. Mika did look pretty but didn't the tails and ears give her identity away? In any case seeing one of the spirits herself only strengthened Kitty's faith in the countries religion. Which meant Kitty now felt guilty for not being married. Most men and women were married between the ages of 15 and 16 and some even younger. Kitty was already 20. Her owner had approached her about getting married before. Kitty's response was "Unless its a handsome cat no!"

Kitty's mind drifted back to the present just in time to hear Mika's numerous questions. "My names Kitty and yes I'm a cat." Kitty did not consider herself human or part human but simply considered herself a cat. Part of her reasoning for this was the fact she could change into a purely cat form. Kitty had no idea which form was her true form as both felt just as natural. Though she did spend most her time in her humanoid form. "And yes I know how to get out of here. Why, are you lost?" Kitty asked. During her whole time chatting with Mika Kitty never held direct eye contract for very long; periodically blinking, looking away , or focusing on a place near Mika's eyes.

Vyraena

Miko created a small ball of spirit energy and began passing it back and forth between her hands playfully while she talked. "I'm lost because I don't know where I'm going! Or do you mean how did I get lost? 'Cause that's a different story!"

Miko tilted hear head back and looked up towards the cover of the trees. "I was chasing a butterfly back there, and then I ended up here. Once I got here, I couldn't get back there. So now I'm still here!" The way Miko talked was energetic and playful. She couldn't be serious about most things if she tried.

"But I don't like it here, I want to be back there. Can you help me get out of here?"

Kitty

Miko's playing with her spirit ball and tone of voice ended up triggering Kitty's playful nature evident by the fast swaying of her tail. She ended up absent mindly ignoring Miko's story of how she got here as Kitty became transfixed on the movement of the spirit orb. It wasn't hard to see that Kitty had been distracted by it as her head moved in sync with the orb her red slit eyes so focused it seemed they would pierce through it. In an abrupt swift motions Kitty made a swipe for the spirit orb attempting to steal it away.

Vyraena

As Kitty swiped through the spirit orb, the energy disappeared. Miko was giggling. "You're fun." She said to Kitty. "Anyways, I told you how I got here... but why are you here?"

Kitty

Kitty's ears and tail drooped down in sadness as the spirit orb disappeared. Miko then asked what she was doing here as well as stating that Kitty was fun. "I'm hunting, mostly for poisons, but for animal skins, and food for myself as well. My owner sends me out here frequently for these expensive and rare resources since very few can survive in this rain forest very well. My owner always give me lots of love when I get back. Anyways you prolly want out of here. I can lead you out under one condition. You let me borrow that ball you have." Kitty said giving a sly smile. 

Vyraena

Miko conjured up a ball of spirit energy and tossed it around playfully. "You can borrow it if you want, but I'm afraid it probably won't be that fun for you. Unless you can use Spirit Magic you won't be able to hold the ball in its shape. Any touch will just pass through it."

She tossed the energy ball to Kitty anyway, hoping that would be enough for the cat to lead her out of here.

Kitty

Kitty's ears and tail perked back up when Miko conjured another spirit ball and said she could barrow it. Her tails and ears dropped once more though she learned she probably wouldn't be able to play with it. Miko cast the spirit orb her way and Kitty tried to grab it but it passed right through her. Kitty was very disappointed. It was so pretty too. "Guess I should show you the way out." Kitty said with a sad voice. Kitty then motioned for Miko to follow and she led her out of the rain forest. Eventually getting out Kitty didn't go back in to continue hunting. Miko seemed really fun and Kitty wanted to hang out with her. Plus it wasn't every day you got to meet a spirit.

Vyraena

Miko followed Kitty happily, observing the beautiful plants and animals they passed on their way out. She wanted to go see what everything was, but knew that anything could be poisonous and that it wasn't worth the risk.

When they got the edge of the jungle, Miko smiled and ran forward a bit. "Thanks!" She exclaimed to Kitty. Without her, Miko would've been lost in there for a lot longer!

The sun was starting to set as they made the walk home, and Miko was disappointed because she didn't want her day with Kitty to end. She was hoping there would be something for them to do together when they got back.

By the time they got back home, Miko was really hungry. She hadn't eaten all day! She looked over at Kitty, wondering if she was hungry also, and asked, "Hey, do you wanna go get some food?"

Kitty

Kitty absent mindly noticed the sun was beginning to set. Not that it mattered to her. She could see in the dark just fine. It was also the only time her eyes weren't so scary looking since they didn't have to shrink to slits to shut out the light when it was dark. She leaned towards being nocturnal anyways.

Kitty followed Miko all the way home. When they finally got there Miko asked if she wanted to get some food. "Yea I'd love to but I can only eat fish. Curse of being a cat in a society where the only meat acceptable to eat is fish. Do you have any suggestion of where to go cuz when it comes to who sells food I don't know much." Kitty said. She got all her fish from her owner.

Vyraena

"Hmmm..." Miko thought out loud. "Ah, I know! I'm pretty sure the inn I'm staying at sells fish! Follow me!"

She took off without warning, heading to the inn. She kind of bounced as she ran, as if she was jumping from one foot to the other. She wove through the crowd of people with no regard for what was going on around her. When she finally got to the inn, she turned around to see if Kitty was still behind her.

Kitty

Before Kitty had a chance to agree Miko took off presumably to the inn she was just talking about. Kitty darted after her. Miko seemed to bound and weave through the crowds without a care in the world. Kitty did the same but more agile and with grace that was inhuman.

Eventually reaching the inn right behind Miko Kitty was in a state of extreme excitement. She had never had this much fun in her life. Her tail was curled in a u shape and she was long past being calm in any manner. Even after they stopped Kitty couldn't stay still, hopping up and down, and running in a small circle. She was so excited it just looked ridiculous.

Vyraena

When Miko saw that Kitty was right there behind her, she smiled at her and said, "This is it! Let's go inside!"

She walked into the inn and they were greeted by the innkeeper. She greeted him back, and sat down at the bar. "Hi!" She sang out the same way she had when she first met Kitty. "My friend over here is hungry, and I could use a drink!"

The innkeeper nodded, then turned to Kitty. "What would you like?" The man asked her.

Kitty

Kitty followed Miko in and after a friendly greeting to the innkeeper they went to the bar. Miko just said she wanted a drink and said that Kitty was hungry. The man turned to her and asked what she'd like. Kitty still in a hyper mood responded with "Fish any kind of fish. Any fish you got or all the fish you got. Like salmon fish and trout fish and cod fish and mackerel and pike fish and herring fish and anchovy fish and sardine fish and cat fish even fish most people can't eat but I can. It can be raw fish too." Kitty continued to go on and on about fish. It was the only thing she could eat in this country so she knew a lot about it. The bar guy tried to get her focused but to no avail.

There were other things going on in this Inn that the two didn't know about. For the most part it was a regular inn, but it was also a front for capturing unique people that might sell well on the market. They spent many years earning their reputation as just a normal inn and as an inn alone did very successful. Every once in a while though someone that would fetch a high price walks in and people with animal characteristics fetched a very high price. They could be used as exotic slaves or exotic pets. The problem was they were much harder to capture. Not only were they very rare but they normally had senses far more acute than those trying to capture them. Normally the crew would wait a while longer plan something more elaborate and more fool proof, but with two such valuable specimens in the same place it couldn't be passed up.

Behind the counter where 5 guys. One was the bar tender who was serving a plate of tuna to Kitty which she didn't specifically order since she was still going on about fish. He also had whatever drink Miko ordered to keep the two distracted though for Kitty she seemed to be distracting herself just fine. The other 5 men which were crouching behind the bar were about to capture the two.

Executing the hastily made plan two of the man stood up and threw a magic body bag over their heads which was enchanted never to break. Normally Kitty could have easily avoided such a thing but in her current state it wasn't till long after she was in the bag that she realized she was in the bag. Under the assumption that both were caught the other two men behind the counter ran around the same time the two with the bags got up. They were to snatch them up and take them out of the country. Of course if Miko managed to avoid the bag then all the staff of the inn would go after her to try and subdue her.

Vyraena

Miko may be oblivious sometimes, but she was pretty intelligent. Also, she was no where near as distracted as Kitty. As soon as she saw something flying by her in her peripheral vision, she pushed off the seat and managed to dodge it. Her eyes began to glow bright blue as she started to use her Spirit Magic. She managed to create one small blast of energy before the man right behind her grabbed her and shoved her into one of the bags. It was dark in the bag, and even with Miko's enhanced magical vision, she could barely see. "Let me out, dammit!" She screamed, but no one was listening. From there, the two companions were transported out of the inn.