Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Simple Little Snowflakes

Started by visualspice, December 02, 2014, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Bristling, Ehvren gave a huff.
"I don't know! I can barely register who I am, let alone think about all that." And at the sound of cooking food, his stomach made a really loud rumble. Placing a hand over his belly, he peered over at the girl.
"Hey..." He began, inching his way closer. He gave a sniff, his mouth salivating. "What's that you got there? Those smell nice." He pointed at them, appearing just about ready to pluck it off the pan!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Smack! Nuna swatted away Ehvren's hand as it reached for one of the drop biscuits. To add to the woman's actions, Kanut growled, always keeping a keen eye on their visitor. "You can wait until that's done, thank-you-very-much," she chided. "Prince or no."

But the biscuits were nearly done, as was the fish. Nuna rooted around in the stores of the little shelter until she found three carved wooden dishes. She split the fish and the biscuits evenly between them. Then she handed one to Ehvren, set one aside for herself, then put the last on the ground for Kanut.

Nuna sat, legs akimbo, opposite of Ehvren on the pile of fur and mosses. There were no utensils, and she started eating the fish and the biscuits casually with her hands. "Well," she was saying, "I can help you get to Hyoite. Winter's setting in now and there will be seasonal settlements there, lots of people. You can probably find a whaling fleet that might take you on. They sail southwards sometimes and you could possible find passage with them to return to, well, wherever you're from. You don't seem too well suited for this environment, that's for sure."

visualspice

The smack! came as a great surprise. And he was about ready to tear her a new one with his tongue, when the dog growled at him, so he growled back at the dog.
"Done? What's taking them so long?" he grumbled, and with drew from hoovering around too much. But his stomach was making quite a lot of loud, rumbling hunger induced noises that it was hard for anyone to ignore.

"You're going to kill me at this rate! All of this waiting... can't you see I need to eat?"
Really! No decency at all, this woman!

As he continued to wait, his feet and legs were tapping anxiously, his hands closing in and over his clothing and quickly became clammy with sweat as he stared from woman to food, to food,... to food. And once she moved ot place it before him, the smell alone was to die for.

He released a noise akin to a moan, and was soon grabbing up anyting on his plate and shoving it into his mouth. But seconds later, he was coughing and sputtering it back onto his plate and jumping up and pointing at her accusingly.

"YOUR FOOD BURNED ME! WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Nuna ignored Ehvren's whining and complaints. What a child! Well, she tried to tell herself, he'd had a shock. But part of her was beginning to wish she'd left him in that snow bank!

But when he yelped that her food tricked him, she stared at him in utter disbelief.

"Have you never eaten before?"

visualspice

He could not believe the audacity of such a question!
"I have never eaten something that tried to burn me before! What did you to do it!?"

kleineklementine

Nun stared at him for a long time, trying to decide if he was mad or daft or simply play acting. Maybe he'd hit his head. That had to be it. Maybe he was born an idiot, and that's why he'd been sent up here. Surely a royal family would want to hide the weak link in their line?

Finally, she asked slowly and clearly, "Would you like me to take you to the nearest town?" she asked in an overdone manner that one might use for a child or someone who spoke another language, "where you can get passage on a ship?"

visualspice

Ehvren's nostrils flared, and had he the ability, he'd be breathing fire or shooting her with flames from his eyes! But before he could even tear into her with a venomous reply, she had the audacity to offer up a suggestion to be rid of him!

"That tears it!" he said, slamming his hands onto the table and pushing himself to stand so he was towering over her. "How dare you speak to me like I'm some sort of invalid, some retardant of the mind! How dare you think I'm so ignorant, or am something you can just cast onto a ship to sink at sea!" His nostrils continued to flare as he was positively bursting with anger.
"Have you no idea how to treat royalty!? Or do people who live in this god forsaken freezing Hell have no idea what sort of world exists outside of it!?"

OOC: Just lol

kleineklementine

Kanut growled loudly and even snapped a bark at Ehvren's outburst, but Nuna stayed perfectly calm, resting her chin in her hand. She waited patiently for Ehvren to finish, then gave a small - and somewhat exasperated - sigh. Then she sat up straighter and asked Ehvren again.

"Lets try this again. Would you like me to take you to Hyoite, where you can find passage on a ship to wherever you're from?" she asked in a more grown-up voice, but it sounded very much like she was humoring him. "Or would you like me to turn you back out on the tundra to be eaten by the Bumble? Or the giant, sword-toothed cats? Or the great white bears? Or the wolves?"

"It's your choice, your liege."

visualspice

He could have tore his hair out, he was so upset! Even the colors of his eyes were dangerous and flaring. And then, with a defiant finger, he pointed it directly at her.

"What? I bet a fate out there with any monster is a better fate than remaining and suffering a moment longer beneath your belittling manners!"

And for a moment, he just stood there, so angry his face had already gone red.

And then he did it. He acted on impulse and suddenly snatched up her food as well as his own and shoved both into his mouth before turning tail to get the hell out of there!
Burning mouth or not, he would not make his grand exit hungry!

kleineklementine

Kanut growled and snapped, lunging after Ehvren as he stole his mistress's food, but Nuna grabbed him, holding him back. For her part, she gave little reaction to Ehvren's tumultuous departure. She looked down at her empty plate, gave a little sigh, and gathered the ingredients up to make some more biscuits. She would just have to do without fish, it seemed.

"Oh, we'll go looking for his body in the morning if he doesn't stumble back in tonight," she told the dog flatly, who was watching her with curious cocked head. "He's certainly wrong if he thinks we're storming out after him to keep him alive."

And outside, even if Nuna was not keeping tabs on Ehvren, something else was. Crouching low behind rocks and bands of snow and shrubs, the Forgetful Prince was being followed by something else. A great, shaggy silver-furred, sabre-toothed cat.

visualspice

And watching the sabre tooth cat was another, unseen but large problem. It was a rare sight, especially in this part of the tundra but he was no stranger to the cold. And so the sabre tooth cat went unnoticed, but when Ehvren hears a rustling of trees when there was no wind, he turned around and saw nothing. But when the rustling started up again, his eyes went to the tree tops and it was that of which shook. And being the shaking was something so large, the trees barely covered him! And just as Ehvren was trying to figure out just what it was, the sabre tooth cat saw its oppurtunityaand lunged out of the bushes.

And what happened next was like a dream, for the second the large cat sprung into action, jaws open wide to crunch over Ehvren's, a large, white hairy arm came swooping out from the trees and grabbed the cat by its body and proceeded to shove the car into its mouth, its body cracking and dribbling hot red blood down from its jaw. And just as it was finishing, it noticed the gaping Prince.

"Oh, shit!"

Wasting no.time, he turned tail and ran, rushing fast across the snow and throwing open the door to Nuna's hut before slamming it closed and looking at her with wide, saucer sized eyes. And before she could even ask, Ehvren exclaimed, "There's a Crumble trying to eat me!"

And Nuna would only have seconds to disbelieve him before the entirity of the roof was torn off and there he stood, roaring over then in all his furious, white furry fury.