Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Aleron

(OOC: Sorry guys!! I was grounded for the internet for a while there, but it's over now. For some reason my iPod won't let me read what's happened since I left! Do you think one of you guys can put on a summary or something? I can read from where Gen sheathes his sword and says "Lorin, get your dagger." Sorry for not being here!

Oh yeah, and a post volley with everyone would be fun. I don't know when we could do it, but if you guys can, I will have the iPod all to myself this after after like five o'clock (Tennessee time. Idk what time zone that is for you but yeah). I don't think I'll be gone like that again. Just PM me if I dot reply for a while, because sometimes my iPod glitches and doesn't show new replies to posts.)

Aleron

Aleron placed his hand on his palm, embarrassment radiating from him like light from he sun. He had been following them, yes, but something had happened.
He had been walking along when his foot landed in a giant road-apple. He thought he'd stepped in mud, but when he looked down, he found it to be much worse. Quickly to avoid negative attention, he stole away from the group and across the road. He then slipped into an alleyway. He eyed them from around the corner, and then, when they failed to notice his absence, he slipped off his leather sandal and three it away. Blisters had formed on his feet from the day, and as he placed his foot on the ground in the pitch black, he stepped on a couple shards of glass.
"Ow!" He yelled out, breathing heavily and wincing. He grumbled miserably. Hopping on one foot, he emerged from the alley and stumbled to the nearest shop. But as he walked, a scrawny cat darted in front of him, throwing him off balance. He fell to the ground, going unconscious.
He woke up, unsure when, in the middle of the cobblestone road. The shop was directly ahead, so he persisted on. He didn't know how long he was out. His foot throbbed, and he wanted nothing more than an apothecary, or healer. To his greater misfortune, it was a porcelain shop. Aleron burst in, wobbling around on one foot. His head hurt from his fall , and he was having a hard time keeping balance with shards of glass in his foot. He hoped that his constant meeting with the ground wouldn't become a trend. The owner, a balding man with fine clothing, squealed in fear at the sight of the ragged man before him. Aleron tried to plead his case but the owner had none of it. He pushed Aleron towards the door, but it only through the young man-elf off balance and he tumbled further into the store--right into a shelf full of porcelain cups. His eyes grew wide and barely a shriek could escape from the shop owner before it slammed into the next like dominos, and pretty soon all the expensive jade bowls and glass cups and porcelain played were reduced to glimmering sliver on the floor. Aleron completely forgot about the glass in his foot and darted out the door. The adrenaline wiped out any recognition of the pain stabbing at his foot. The shopkeeper roared angrily and burst out of the shop after Aleron.
"You scoundrel!" He screamed. "I'll kin your hide! I'll break your neck! I-I'll rip out your eyeballs and shove them down your throat, so you can watch me tear open your carcass!"
Aleron suddenly heard the shouts of a crowd, and he thought them to be an angry mob chasing after him. Guilt filled him for destroying the dishes, and he wanted to return. But if he did, he most definitely wouldn't survive the night. He set his goal for finding the rest of his group, hoping that maybe they could save him once again from the raging beast behind him.

He meandered breathlessly through the alleys of the city, often ending up in dark corners. The street lamps were his only source of light. He suddenly he burst from an alley and into a main road. He stopped dead in his tracks, a faint wheeze escaping him. Before him was a silver dragon. His stood majestically, and he gawked at it. When he approached it, he realized that none other than Gen and Lorin were on the other side with an unfamiliar elf. They looked as if they were preparing to hop onto the great beast.
"Wait!" Aleron cried out, running to them with his hands waving frantically. "Wait!"

JackieCat

When Lorin saw Aleron come around into the alleyway, bedraggled, running wildly towards them, limping, covered in dust and dirt, one sandal missing and his feet blistered, her first instinct was to laugh.  And she did, but then her face became worried. "Are you alright?  What happened to you?"

But before anyone could say anything else, an angry mob appeared behind Aleron.  There were about twenty of them, all roaring in anger and waving various materials that could hurt a person if they were hit over the head with them.  Leading the people was a man who looked even more furiouse than the others, and he was waving a dangerous looking club.

As soon as they saw Keyne they all skidded to a halt, their expressions frozen on their faces.

Keyne looked over to them serenely, her long neck twisting down until it was even with the shopkeepers face.  She blinked slowly and Lorin assumed she was sending this man a mental message, she looked at Kilarhas and saw him smiling at what the dragon was 'saying'.  As he could understand her all the time.

The message she sent went kind of like this, and it came in words that were like a soft woman's voice this time.

Why are you chasing this man? What happened?

The shopkeeper stared, then frowned shaking his head.  "I-uh, I-oh, nothing!  Nothing happened!"

Something happened, Keyne sent. You can tell me.

"I-uh, well," then the shopkeeper's face hardened and he glared at Aleron. "This bumbling idiot here ran into my shop like a mad man and then knocked over a shelf of my most valuable glassware!  He caused hundreds of gold coins in damage!  Then he ran!  He must pay for what he wrecked!"

Lorin looked over to Aleron, eyes wide, a half smile on her face. "Really?  You caused all that damage in the short time you were gone?  Ha!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen hopped down off of Keyne and faced the shopkeeper.

"How much does he owe for the damage," he asked.

JackieCat

The shop owner smiled malevolently at Aleron and then he looked back to Gen. "Seven hundred gold. . ."

Kilarhas slid off of Keyne as well and walked over to Aleron. "If you do not have sufficient funds, or that will make a dent in the money in your purse, I will be willing to chip in." He  raised his eyebrows. "But I do want to be paid back, when possible."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"That won't be necessary," Gen said.

He reached into his pack and pulled out a sizable bag gold. He then handed it to the shop owner.

"This should cover it."

JackieCat

The shop owner's eyes widened.  He hadn't expected being paid, he had thought that he would have had to arrest Aleron and bring him to the town guard.

"That's-that's very good, sir," the man said, weighing the bag in his hand.  "Well, we'd best get a move on."

Then he turned and walked away, the mob following, looking a dissapointed that there had been no head-bashing (there were a few dwarves in the mob's ranks).

When they were gone Lorin turned to Aleron and explained to him everything that had happened.

"Okay, this elf here, Kilarhas, accused Gen of killing some people and the elf dude was sent to kill him by a lord who lives in a city not too far from here.  Gen, of course, had commited no such crime, and he got Kilarhas to see that he was good.  Then we were all wondering why the lord would want Gen dead.  So we decided to go there and find out.  That's where we were on our way to right before you showed up."  She looked at his bloody foot. "But maybe we could get you a healer first. . ."

"No need," Kilarhas said. "As a mage I know a few healing spells." he looked to Aleron. "If that's okay with you, of course."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron shifted his weight to his good foot and lifted his blistered one, examining it. "You don't even have to ask." He said, wincing. This day had most definitely held for him a strange list if events. He chuckled, but remembered his mother. Eh, he thought. Oh well. her death did not effect him anymore. Within that day he had found a new focus in life. He had received his second chance to live the way he wanted. And he would do so whilst investigating a mystery seemingly out of a fireside story. But first, he had to clean up and heal his foot.

Wicked Basket

"Glad everything worked out," Gen said.

Aleron

"Yes, yes." Aleron said. He cracked his neck to the side, and straightened himself. He bent over and gently pulled out the shards of glass, and afterwards he suspended his foot a few ingles above the dirty cobblestone.
"I don't want to interrupt any further. Shall we get going?"

JackieCat

"Let me help you," Kilarhas said, stepping froward.  When he was standing directly in front of Aleron he closed his eyes and raised his staff a foot from the ground.  As he started to whisper the words of a spell, the blue gem on the end of his wooden staff began to glow.  Then, with a flourish of his free hand, he opened his eyes.

The cuts on Aleron's foot started to mend.  Not completely, they just sealed closed.  "You need another pair of shoes," the elf said, looking at Aleron's bare foot. "I actually happen to have a pair.  I got them at my last stop."

He walked over to Keyne and took a pack off of her back.  He rummaged inside and pulled out a pair of boots, then he secured the pack back onto the dragon's back.

"Do you want them?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

"Well, with all the walking I bet we're going to do once we get to wherever we're going, I have a feeling shoes are a must." Aleron smiled cheekily. "I'd like some new ones, thank you."

JackieCat

"These are new, never worn," Kilarhas said, holding out the pair of boots.  "I don't need them."

Keyne snorted and threw back her head, blasting ice into the air.  She wanted to get going.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron nodded his head, understanding the dragon's cues. "Uh, yes. These would work wonderfully." He smiled at Kilarhas in gratitude, but hastily tucked his feet into the shoes. They were very comfortable, and all pain had left his feet. He took a look at the dragon, scanning for a place to plant himself for the trip.

"Which seat can I take?"

(OOC: I'm sorry, I couldn't help it haha)

JackieCat

Kilarhas tossed the boots to Aleron, and smiled when he asked where to sit. "She's a dragon, not a carriage," he said. "Anywhere on her back is fine," he laughed, "Anywhere but the front, that's my spot!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

"Sounds good," Aleron said. He looked over the spine of ten dragon before finding a spot just above the wings. He'd never ridden a dragon, and he shivered. The anticipation built inside and he, simultaneously couldn't wait to soar through the sky on the back of a fire--well, ice--breathing dragon, but at the same time he shuddered at the thought.
He bit his lip nervously, but, in a last minute rush of adrenaline, let himself to the dragon. He touched it's cold scales, withdrawing his hand for a moment before petting it more securely.
He pointed at the spot he'd chosen. "Is this place alright?"

JackieCat

"Sure," Kilarhas said, then he looked to Lorin and Gen. "You ready?"

"I am," Lorin said, and she turned to Gen. "Are you ready to go and see who wants you dead, and why?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I am," Gen replied with a nod. "I cannot allow these lies to stain my honor and family name."

Aleron

"Well," Aleron announced. "Let's get going!"
He hesitantly climbed onto the silver dragon. It gave a short snort, and he gently caressed it's scaly back. It was a graceful creature, and any doubt of it's reliability left him. He situated himself onto his spot, then lay his chest flat against the beast, wrapping his arms around it's side. He tied his burlap sack to another, securing it with a few loose straps.