Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

The elf glared at him, but put up his hands.  "I concede.  And I will tell you why I shot st you.  I will not break a promise."

He looked around at the crowd. "But we won't talk here, we must speak in private."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"Very well," Gen said sheathing his sword. "Lorin, get his dagger, but do not return it to him. Not yet."

He then turned back to the elf.

"There is an alleyway nearby. We can talk there."

JackieCat

Lorin nodded and picked up his dagger.  The crowd started to disperse now that the fight was over.  They had no interest in the conversation that was to come.  All they cared about was seeing a blind man and an elf cut each other up, and they hadn't been cut up enough for some members of the crowd.

When Gen mentioned the alleyway the elf nodded. "Very well.". Then the elf turned and made for the tavern door, Lorin right behind him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

As soon as they got to the alleyway, Gen wasted no time.

"So why try to kill me," he asked. "I've done no wrong to anyone. Who would want me dead?"

JackieCat

The elf leaned against the wall of the alley, crossing his arms, and though his posture showed a relaxed person, he was really tense and ready for anything. "Don't pretend not to know why I am here.  I am a traveler, and a mercenary, but a mercenary for good.  I only take jobs that will rid these lands of any evil.  I was hired to kill you on charges of murder.  In the village of Shirri'tak in Adela you murdered nine people.  I was told this by a lord who lives in a city near here, I will not tell you his name.  He described you to me and told me your name, Gen Kaziru.  You killed those people and I was sent to kill you.  To stop you from bringing harm to anyone else."

Lorin stepped back from Gen quickly, worry in her eyes.  She couldn't believe that Gen was a killer.  This elf had to be lying, but Lorin couldn't be sure. . .

"Gen, Gen, that can't be true, he's lying, right?"

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I would never murder innocent people," Gen replied. "I am a man of honor. I fight only for recreation abd self-defense if need be. I would never kill anyone unless I absolutely had to."

JackieCat

Lorin nodded, she believed him, she really did.  For even after knowing him for only a short time she had sensed the great honor and kindness.

"You are lying," the elf said, but somewhere inside his soul he could sense that this man was no murderer, and even as he spoke he was unsure.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen's expression became very serious.

"I didn't have to fight you," he said. "I could have have killed you with a mere wave of my hand. If I was the monster you say I am, then this would have been a suicide mission for you."

Gen turned to Lorin and then back to the mercenary.

"I am Gen Kaziru, Man of Honor, Lover of Life, and Grateful Son to a Loving Mother. I have murdered no one, and I demand that you take me to your employer."

Gen spoke with unquestionable power and authority. He stood tall and strong, a fortress of honor and integrity. His honor and his name were being tarnished, and he wanted to know why.

JackieCat

At this the elf knew the man was telling the truth.  As an elf, he was attuned to nature, and humans are a part of nature, he could tell that this man was the noble man he said he was.  The elf bowed his head to Gen. 

"My name is Kilarhas Gindein, and my employer is Koran Thillths.  He lives only ten miles away in the city Corrith.  I will take you there."

"Why would this man want you to be killed, Gen?" Lorin asked. "Do you have any enemies?"

(OOC: I don't know where the rest of our party is, and if they're coming.  Do you?)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I don't know, Lorin," Gen replied. "But I'm going to find out. Lead the way, Kilarhas."

JackieCat

"My ride should be around here somewhere," Kilarhas said, looking around. "As soon as we came out of the tavern and into this alley she has been watching us, ready to ave me if anything were to go wrong."

Then he whistled, a low, loud whistle, then a large shape leapt from the building behind them and onto the ground.  The dragon had been crouching on the rooftop, watching.  The silver dragon was large and slender, five feet at her shoulder.  She had two large wings, four legs, a long tail, and a slender neck and horned head.

Lorin leapt back as the dragon landed, but the dragon just stood there, watching them with her large silver eyes.

"This is Keyne," Kilarhas said, patting the dragon on the neck.  "Keyne, this is Gen Kaziru and Lorin Silverith."

The dragon bowed her head, keeping eye contact with Lorin.

"If you agree, we can ride her," Kilarhas said. "It will be considerably faster flying."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen approached the dragon with childlike wonder.

"Stunning," he said reaching out and running his hand over the smooth scales. "What color is she?"

JackieCat

"Silver," Kilarhas said, then he frowned. "How do you see, anyway?  You must have magic, but of what kind?" As he talked the dragon handed him something that had been in her claws.  It was a staff, long and wooden, and the top was twisted around a blue gem. "Keyne is a Sirrian Dragon.  She is young, only as old as I am.  As a matter of fact, exactly as old as I am.  We were born at exactly the same time, the exactly the same day, exactly the same year.  We are bound together, though we don't always travel together.  If we live to old age we will die together.  But if, say, I were to die of a sickness or a wound, she would live on to the age I would have lived to if I hadn't been killed.  The age I would have lived to to then die of old age.  The same way around if she were killed."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I'm an aeromancer," Gen told him. "I can see objects by the void they create in the air. However, there are some things I still cannot see, such as color. I don't even know what silver looks like, but I still like hearing the names of colors."

He then turned back to Kilarhas.

"That is quite the bond. It must be very special indeed."

JackieCat

"It is very special," Kilarhas said, laughing as Keyen nudged him with her snout. "But Keyne doesn't always travle with me, or rather, I with her.  She likes to be on her own sometimes.  But lately we've been together more often."  He looked back to Lorin and Gen. "So, you're fine with riding her?"

"I'm fine with it!" Lorin said, then she looked at Gen, and realized that he was a leader, and she felt like he was in charge here.  She respected him. "It's really up to Gen."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I would love to," Gen said. "She wouldn't even have to flap her wings if she didn't want to. I can just make the air carry us along."

JackieCat

Keyne snorted and nodded her head, then she looked straight at Gen's black blindfold, and she sent him her thoughts.  They were in the form of emotions, feelings, not words.

That would be wonderful. thank you, Master Gen.

Kilarhas smiled. "That is a power of hers, she doesn't have to look at your face, she just thins it's more dramatic!  I can pick up everything she sends, but other than me, you are the only one who recieved that."

"Recived what?" Lorin asked, and Kilarhas quickly explained.  Then he leapt up onto Keyne's back.

(OOC: Should we keep going without the others?)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

(OOC: I think we have to at this point. We kinda left them in the dust.)

"Amazing," Gen said before jumping on. "Okay, Keyne, just get us off the ground and I'll take care of the rest. All you need to do is steer."

JackieCat

(OOC: Don't know if this post is necessary, but you're right, we'll have to stop here. I don't like stopping in a spot like this!  We were going back and forth so well!  This was a really good session of post-vollying.  I love post-vollying!  Maybe sometime later we could even set one up, with all the people from this post!  That could get fun.)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket