Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How NOT to Train Your Dragon (Sil)

Started by Zero, April 21, 2015, 09:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

@SilmeriaElemred
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a long time since Tatsu had shed his human guise to stretch and bask in the energies of the world around him. Really it had been too long. He felt drained and weary. Normally he would journey to Adela for one of his sabbaticals because of their worship of dragons and the forbidden nature of hunting them. However he found himself impatient and instead traveled into the remote mountains that bordered Serendipity and Connlaoth to initiate his transformation.

The plan had been to switch from his human to his dragon form then take off and fly high above the ground where he would be out of sight, let alone reach, of any who might wish him harm. It started off well, as his change from one form to another took only a handful of seconds, but before he could rise high enough there was already trouble. In the mountains it was difficult to get a proper reading on magical energies because the rangers were littered with lost artifacts, so he did not sense others until it was already too late.

Thankfully they were merely opportunistic rats, bandits and ruffians armed with pitiful crossbows and lances, not proper tools for hunting a creature as magnificent and large as a dragon such as Tatsu. Unfortunately his scales protected him from the worst of their attacks, but a few arrows and bolts pierced his hide, sending rivets of silvery blood down his left shoulder and forearm.

Tatsu refused to fight them, and easily out maneuvered them, fleeing through the air before they could bring him out of the sky. He didn't stop until he was in the Wester Highlands, far from Connlaoth's borders. The pain of his wound was bearable, but he was more than worn from the experience. Especially since his goal had been to recharge and refocus. Certainly people would have seen his passage, which he'd hoped to avoid, but he did the best he could.

Finally he landed heavily in a secluded valley near the Terrin mountains. He might have transformed then, but injured and tired he decided against that decision. Instead he settled upon the ground, his long serpentine shape in a semi-circle as he closed his eyes to rest for a short time before trying to do much of anything. The silvery blood still trickled down his scales, but he was unconcerned with the injury. He would heal quickly from such tiny wounds.

SilmeriaElemred

Indeed. He would have been able to heal properly. If only those bandits had not been the only ones in the mountains.

Tatsu had been followed. Two women and a man, all three roughly looking and more heavily armed and armored. They were however not human despite looking as such in appearance if they were not two times as large.

''Look at that piece of beauty'' the man said as he licked his lips.
''What do you want to do. Sell him or take him apart.''
''Lets capture it first. Use the elder poison we drew from the other dragon. Thisone is old and looks sturdy so we might as well give it the best we have. It will not do anything else then making him feel severe pain anyway''

Their steps were quiet as they closed in and surrounded Tatsu. After a signal they drove their spears, their tips as black and red honeythick liquid dripping off them, were put deep into his flesh.

''Wrong place, wrong time my future moneybank!'' the man said laughing. The two women laughed too. At first anyway. Before they started to scream in terror and released the spears from their inhumanly grasps.

A dragon appeared to them. And a large one at that. Not having seen it since it came from the direction of the sun, about to land on the ground. They felt the wind of its wings and the ground shaking on impact. ''Leave!'' it spoke so loud all three hunters grabbed to their heads as if the voice came from there to begin with.

''At least just let us take the blood... some fangs... we will not kill it..'' one of the women pleaded
''LEAVE! Or you will suffer the same fates as those you've hunted thus far''

''We... we will leave. Right away'' the man said running off first. The women following him calling him a coward for bailing first.

--
When the three were far away enough the dragon faded. Like an illusion since that was exactly what it was. Everything. Just games in their simple minds that were open like a book to her.

On the place the dragon stood however was a woman. Clothed in dark silks and hooded and turned towards Tatsu. She looked shocked to say the least. ''Look what they did to you...''

Facing him now, it was clear to see she was elven. But not a common one. Her skin was paler and the few locks of hair that were visable seemed as dark as the night itself. Carefully aproaching one of the places they had pushed the spears in. The elf had no knowledge of many weapons but spears were one of them. And these, were meant to take down creatures such as dragons.

Zero

All he had wanted was to rest. Tatsu was jerked from his sleep by the three points of piercing agony that sliced deeply through his armored scales and into the flesh below. The pain was blinding and he could only lift his head to unleash an anguished roar. He had not hidden his passage well enough, he should have turned to his human form - a dragon was too large and obvious a target.

Even through the pain there was a momentary flicker of relief, perhaps his time had finally come and The Hunt would end forever. He would not have to endure alone without his mate and kin. He rose to his feet, tail flickering in agitation as he thought to possibly make a final stand - to not go down without a fight.

It wasn't to be, for even as he managed to gain his feet, the three would-be dragon slayers began to act strangely. Tatsu could not see what they saw, for the illusion magic that was used against them had no affect on him. His lips curled back in a snarl as one pleaded to steal his blood and fangs, but then they turned and fled as if a great beast were chasing them.

The pain sapped his strength and Tatsu sank back down to his belly, silver blood was pouring from the large spears that had embedded into his side. His faintly glowing, pale blue eyes fixated on the young elf that was standing before him. She had likely saved his life just now, if only for a moment. The wounds in his side were still lancing him with unbearable agony and his great body trembled with the pain as she approached him.

Tatsu did not move in any threatening way, merely allowed his head to follow her movements as he watched to see what she would do. It was not in him to harm a female, even if she were not his kind, and even more - he was in trouble and needed help.

SilmeriaElemred

The elf Placed her hand near the wound before she lowered her hood. Revealing she was a Moonelf. It was not often they left the safety of their homes. Hidden with illusion magic and heavy spells to ward off those whom intend to cause trouble. ''I need to take these out... one by one ok? It may hurt more for a bit but I will help you. I promise.'' she looked at the sky. The light was not reaching her properly but enough to recharge a little as she would work. ''Solos... do not forsake me now..'' she mutted before wrapping her hands around the spear but put no pressure on it yet.

She focussed first. ''I will count to five and pull it out.'' she took a few deep breaths and made sure her grip was tight and Tatsu was relaxed.
''One... two..three... four'' five however never never came. Done on purpose. It was the same with dislocated joints. Saying to count to a certain number but putting them back in before the number is reached. Despite relaxed people would always tense up knowing the pain would be coming after the final number making it more difficult. If Tatsu's muscles would tense up the damage would be far greater and it may not would have been possible to pull the spear out in one go.

In one straight pull she took the first one out. It was not until then she saw the poison. Due being so thick it was not taken in easily by the blood but the effects would be there longer depending on the duration the spear would be in the body. ''What kind of butchers where they...'' she tossed the spear aside quickly placing both her hands on the wound to keep the blood in.

She knew the toll it would have on her kin to heal wounds like these. But especially on her. Being weak since birth. Which made her fortunate not only to be able to heal using her Moonelf magic alone.

Carefully, using necro magic and her healing magic to mend the wounds. The poison would have to wait till she was done. It took a few long minutes for the first wound to mend. But despite starting to feel the draining effects she cought her breath and went to the next one.

Zero

Her hands were soft and gentle, Tatsu closed his eyes, but his eyelids couldn't completely hide the luminescent glow. Deer-like ears twitched faintly as he listened to her voice as she spoke soothingly to him. He wondered if she knew that he understood her perfectly. No matter, for the moment he was simply in a great deal of pain and she was trying to help him, so he lay still for her so she could do what she needed.

The feeling of the first spear being removed was most unpleasant. A deep, almost feline, growl issued forth, but the sound was not aggressive, merely a rumbling statement of his immense displeasure.His eyes opened as he quieted back down, lifting his head and turning so he could watch as she laid her hands on the wound. It was disgruntling to see his pale blood leaking through her fingers. The deep punctures that the spears had made bled profusely.

Rather than focus on the pain, Tatsu first watched as the magical energies gathered and were channeled into healing him, then he tentatively reached out his own magic to try to connect to hers. If the kind elf woman was going to help him, then he did not mind lending her his considerable magical might in the process.

SilmeriaElemred

She had expected an aggresive reaction but was glad it was not the case. With the second spear she said she wpuld count to four. Pulling it out after the second and with the third spear, she did not count at all.

Pulling out the spears and healing the wounds even with Tatsu's help was a challenge. As she healed the last wound she could barely stand in her own two feet and blood came from her nose. ''Not yet..'' she said silently to herself.

Her hands, clothes and the grass were stained with the silvery blood and was both amazed and suprised the dragon had not lost consciousness.

'' You know... I have never been this close to a dragon before..'' she said as the third wound finally closed. The sun was gone behind clouds and the elf knew she had to be patient. It was not a life or death situation for her so resorting to the crystals would be a waste.

She removed the blood from her face before taking a deep breath.''she took a spear and observed the poison that was on it.''I have no means to cure you from this but... I could try if I am capable to let you share it with me so you suffer less..''

Zero

Each spear earned rumbling growl, or perhaps the sound became more of a groan. Tatsu had not felt pain like this in a long, long time. It wasn't commonplace for him to grow careless and allow himself to be hunted, surprised, or ambushed. By the time the last spear was removed and the final wound was closed, his great head was drooping, nearly back on the ground. Blood loss and the drain on his magic nearly did render him unconscious.

With heavy eyes he peered at her, if a dragon could be said to have expression his was concern as he watched her wipe blood from her face - and not his. He shouldn't have let her strain herself so. If the elf was harmed because of him he would be beyond ashamed. It was her suggestion that she share his suffering that had Tatsu climbing wearily to his feet, eyes glowing and tail flickering.

Summoning what strength he had left, his body began to emit a brilliant, pulsing light that slowly shrank as his form changed from the dragon to a broad-shouldered man, towering at six and a half feet, pale silver hair falling messily about his head to his ears and eyes becoming human, but the color was the same silver-blue. He was clad in armor that was the same color as his scales had been.

"I will not cause you harm, certainly not for my own relief." He swayed on his feet, a hand going to his side to cover where his wounds had been. Even closed they burned fiercely from whatever poison that the hunters had used.

SilmeriaElemred

The light was bright enough for the elf having to shield her eyes and she was suprised when she saw a man where the dragon was. A very tall man. Although most of her kin were small. She could not help to have a soft 'wow' escape from her lips.

''Me getting hurt with using magic is nothing new. I have been weak since birth. Physically anyway.'' she said as she looked at him still amazed. ''Sorry I did not manage to get to you sooner. If you do not permit me to take in a part of the pain I could perhaps see if there are herbs that can relief it. Just do not strain yourself.''

There had no new blood come out her nose but she was certainly covered in his silvery one. ''Lets get you somewhere safe. I have been staying at a cave not far from here. It's well hidden and should provide enough cover for you to rest.'' seeing he was wobbly on his feet made her place her armos against the front of his shoulders. ''If you want to wait a little it is alright. But being here in the open is a bad idea. You were injured already when you came here and it would be bad if others followed the trail..''

Zero

There was a scowl on his face as Tatsu regarded her warily. He wasn't sure how badly she might have weakened herself. How could he let this happen? He was a guardian, that this girl was an elf and not his kin did not matter. A female may have come to harm because of him.

Her hands came to steady him. How strange it felt to be the one needing help. Guardians were the ones that were supposed to protect and care for others, not be protected and cared for. She spoke sense, though. They should not wait out in the open, taking shelter would be for the best. His wounds needed time to ease and the poison must be given time to leave his system. The girl also should rest from the effort of healing him.

"You will not hurt yourself on my behalf." Tatsu said firmly despite the way his shoulders slumped and truthfully he looked almost ready to topple over if so much as assaulted by a gentle breeze. Somehow even weakened as he was his voice held an air of authority as if he expected to be listened to. "I will accept your offer for shelter. We should go now."

SilmeriaElemred

Ealis nodded. Despite she wanted to help, if he did not want her to share the pain with her to make it more bearable for himself she could not force it.  ''I can shield us with illusions. That way others will not be able to see us.''

Despite being way shorter then he was, she offered him support on the way to the cave which was shielded with vines and bushes. A small pool was outside and remarkably the light of the sun reached the small clearing in front of the cave.

Inside it was big enough for Tatsu to lay there in his true form if he wanted. Although then there would not be much room for anything or anyone else. She helped him sit down before she sat down herself in the full sunlight. Immediatly feeling the effects of it charging up her energies which was something sun and moonlight did for her kin. ''Much better..'' she purred. Somehow she seemed less pale too.

She either did not need a lot of time to recharge or did not give herself the time she needed since she got on her feet rather soon. ''I will get some water from a pool nearby and see if there are herbs I could use to relieve your pain. Is there anything else I could do for you?''

Zero

Tatsu merely have a sharp nod at her offer to shield them with illusions. He would not see them unless he really tried, and he was too tired to try. He would have have preferred to walk on his own, it made him uncomfortable to burden the small woman with his weight, but he couldn't help but lean heavily on her as she guided him to the cave.

He sank to the ground gratefully, his breathing sounding somewhat labored as he closed his pale blue eyes, a look of pain and distaste contorting his features. He did not have the energy to transform back to his true form, and felt as if he'd have been more vulnerable as a dragon. Better for people to see just another human - if a slightly odd one.

As she moved away from him Tatsu relaxed in his slumped position, trying to bring his mind into focus and reaching for the void. Slowly he found a peace and calm enter his mind as he tried to enter a meditative state. Soon his eyes opened again, looking at her passively as she asked what she could do for him.

"I just need rest." He said quietly, letting his eyes fluttered closed again. "I am Tatsu. Sometimes Tatsu Drake. Thank you for your aid."

SilmeriaElemred

''Pleasure to meet you Tatsu. Although the circumstances of our meeting were less pleasant. I go by the name Eälis Moonchild.'' She had a few nicknames. One outsiders once gave her was 'the Forsaken one' as she was born exactly during the lunar eclipse causing her to miss the vital first light causing her to be so weak now to begin with. ''Although some called me the Forsaken one.'' despite the name was negative she smiled regardless. ''I will be back soon.''

She checked her bag to see what was in there and picked up a basket she had woven from thin willow branches that grew in the area. On her way to and back from the pond she picked berries, edible flowers, mushrooms and gathered nuts. But also sought for herbs she could use. She was not sure they worked on a dragon but it had worked on human, elves, fae and animals thus far. At the pond she filled a few bottles with water. Hopefully it would be enough.

The whole trip had taken her an hour and a half but she got what she needed. Also she had washed her clothes to make them free of blood.

''Good news, I got what I need herb wise. I just hope it works.'' She put down her bag which was heavy with the bottles of water. She took out two and offered one to Tatsu

Zero

There was no response as Eälis left. Tatsu remained still, the only movement from him was the gentle rising and falling of his chest. The technique of entering a meditative state, or even a trance, was one that he employed often. His mind and spirit were open to the energies around him, drawing in strength from his surroundings. Normally this would make him hyper-aware of his physical state, but instead he shut out the connection to his body as much as he could. It helped to dampen the pain he was in.

When the elf returned Tatsu roused himself with some effort, still visibly sluggish and weak. His eyes were dull instead of vibrant as he took the offered water, but did not move to drink it. "I am sure your herbs will help. You do not need to worry yourself on my account. Have you not done enough, little elf so far from home?"

He knew only a little of moon elves, but he knew that Eälis was a long way from any of her people's settlements. She seemed young to be out on her own. The world was a dangerous place.

SilmeriaElemred

''I left... because I had too.'' Eälis said as she sat down across of him. ''Physically I am weak but my magic is not. It is more then I can handle so I started a journey hoping I can learn to control it better. I did learn a few things but I am far from the point I wish to reach.''

She took a sip from the water. ''I just did not want to trouble my people with my weakness.'' she paused. ''If it is not rude of me to ask, what brings you here''

Zero

Tatsu sighed and closed his eyes as he listened to her. It was common for those strong in magic, at least those not of his kind, to have trouble controlling that magic. He had always been strong, both physically and magically, which is why he was chosen to be a guardian. Guardians had to have excellent control in all areas of their life.

It wasn't his place to question or judge her decision to leave her people while she sought control, but he did not think it wise for her to be alone, either. Not only for safety's sake, but because he knew the toll being alone could take on one's emotional health.

Her question caused him to shift uncomfortably, though his eyes remained lightly closed as he focused on keeping himself relaxed. Tension would only intensify pain. Normally Tatsu guarded his secrets closely regarding his true identity, but Eälis already knew he was a dragon. To try to hide his true nature from her was pointless.

"Why not here?" He asked softly. "I have few other places to be. I will admit I had not anticipated such a hostile encounter. Normally I remain as you see me, relatively human, or perhaps elven. It is easier and draws less attention. Sometimes I need to return to my true self, as you saw me before. Usually I would have done so in Adela, where dragons are worshiped and the hunting of them is forbidden. My impatience cost me dearly."

It was unusual for him to be impatient about anything. This only proved that patience was important and that he should temper and better control himself in the future.

SilmeriaElemred

''Hopefully you are safe for the time being. I do not like hunters. Killing or selling captured beings for sport or fun. My kin even barely kills though. I sometimes wished more would realise how sacred a life is. Wether it is human or dragon. But those from before... there was just so much greed in their heads'' Eälis finished her bottle of water and took a mortar from her back in which she put the herbs. For some she only used the leaves. Others the roots, flowers, and a select few were put in completely before she started the crush them. ''How... is it like? Being a... dragon. Soaring those skies''

Zero

"Humans especially seem insatiable in their greed at times. I have met some that were not, but the greedy far out number the selfless. It is discouraging to think of how few understand the sacredness of life." Tatsu did not like to do harm to others unless absolutely forced to do so in defense of himself or another.

Her question coaxed his eyes open to peer at her tiredly. "How is it like being an elf? It is not an easy thing to simply describe what it is like to be a dragon. I simply am." Ah, but what of flying? That was easier to try to share.

"I can not describe flying to you. What I feel to fly and what you might feel could be very different. For myself flying is to feel absolutely free." Grimacing softly as he shifted his position slightly, Tatsu sighed as he settled himself again. "When I have the strength, would you like to fly? There is little I have to offer you to repay your kindness, but I could manage that."

SilmeriaElemred

Eälis looked at him with wide amazed eyes that sparkled like the stars themselves. ''Do.. do you mean that? It would be amazing! I would love it!'' she said exitedly.

She blushed lightly though realising she sounded like but a mere child. ''Sorry... I can let myself go a little if I get exited'' she giggled. Returning to her natural calm self. ''When you are strong enough... I would like that.'' she poured a little bit of water in the greyish green pulp, mixed it to make it thinner and put it in a cup.

She was not done yet though, from a silk pouch she took a few magic crystals that sparkled like the stars, moon and sun themselves. She put them between her hands and allowed the light to drip into the mixture. The now dull crystals were placed in the sunlight to recharge. ''I warn you... this stuff is disgusting..'' she said as she offered it.

Zero

Allowing someone to ride him was not something that Tatsu would do lightly, but the young moon elf had saved his life, and her reaction to the offer was proof enough to him that it would be a worthy exception.

"It is not something I would normally do, but in this instance I will make an exception for you, Miss Eälis, and there is nothing wrong with showing a little excitement. Not everyone is given the chance to fly with a dragon." He managed a faint smile, even through his pain. A moment later his expression returned to one of discomfort.

He forced his eyes open again as she finished preparing her herbal medicine, taking the offering, he drank it quickly, grimacing as he did so. Tatsu had no idea what it was, but she had not lied, it tasted terrible. Coughing softly he handed it back to her. "Thank you."

SilmeriaElemred

''The pain should start to fade in a few minutes. I am happy to get the honor of being shown the sky by you. It will not be a wasted gift I promise. Also as long as there is moonlight, starlight and sunlight, and charged crystals I should be able to help you for as long as you need it. I will not lie... I felt pain when I mended the wounds. Very deep... pain.'' she did not tell him it was not just physical pain but she did not want to give Tatsu the impression she cought a sliver of his mind. Not intentionly but it did not mean it did not happen.

Tags: