Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How NOT to Train Your Dragon (Sil)

Started by Zero, April 21, 2015, 09:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

"Have you ever heard of an Ellanari Sky Dragon?" Tatsu hadn't moved, his eyes lightly closed and a gentle breeze caused his pale hair to sway softly. Who had heard of his kind? Not many, and probably not an elf from an isolated village. "We had a large colony, for hundreds of thousands of years, long before humans even walked this earth. Such young, impulsive creatures, humans. We pitied them, once. My kind tried to help them, but humans are greedy, selfish things. They are like children that have not yet matured."

He gave a great sigh, before turning to look at his young elven student. Tatsu's expression had not changed, but there was a profound sorrow in his pale eyes. "Once the humans learned that our very bodies were rife with magic, they hunted us, butchered us to use our parts in their spells and potions. Several thousand years ago was what we called The Great Hunt. The hunt did not stop until there were no more of us for them to kill. None but me, and I only escaped because I fled and hid. It is why I have the form you now see, and why when we do venture into civilization you will never refer to my true nature."

The Great Hunt had ended a long time ago, and no humans were left alive that would actually remember the events. He very much doubted any humans they came across would know how truly valuable Tatsu was, but he wasn't going to risk it.

SilmeriaElemred

''...'' There were no words right now that could describe how she felt hearing this. How... how could they have done this. Surely she had met unfriendly humans but the larger number was kind. Empathic and caring. ''I... I should not have asked.. how.. how could they do this...'' it had been a while since she felt angry and the direction of the winds had slowly changed.

''It's not fair..'' she did not yell loud but surely spoke not as soft as she usually did and even the water of the river seemed not to flow as calmly as before. A crack of energy escaped from her fingers unknowingly clenched into a fist and found a tree. Cracking open its bark for a good two meters in length. Hearing that sound though made Eälis realise she had to regain her calm nature. But fortunatly it was a tree and not a person. Her hand where the energy escaped from hurt too and felt as if it had been badly burned. But she did not look yet. The wind and water become normal in several seconds.

''I'm... so sorry you had to go through so much pain. People will never hear from me what you are I promise.''

Zero

Tatsu could feel the magic around him as Ëalis lost her temper a little. He did not move or flinch as the tree splintered and the bark split. By the time that Ëalis regained control of her emotions so had he, and his eyes did not reflect the deep hurt inside any longer.

"I am fine, do not worry yourself over the past." The past, after all, could not be changed. Besides, this arrangement was about her, about helping her learn to control her powers better. It was time he started teaching. "We should begin our lessons with releasing excess energy."

He glanced at the tree she had damaged and amended his statement slightly by adding, "Non-violently. Considering your current excess I feel this is the most pressing lesson at this time. The simplest method is grounding oneself. Most easily done by standing barefoot upon the ground and focusing on feeling the energy inside oneself. Close your eyes and picture the energy as a bright light that fills you, then not only visualize that energy seeping from yourself into the ground, but you must also feel it do so. Only do this until you feel that your levels are appropriate."

SilmeriaElemred

Eälis nodded. True. Taking in and releasing energy was a big issue.

Before she started she took her boots off. The feel of the earth beneath her feet and between her toes perhaps would be better since she was new at this.
She closed her eyes and breathed slowly in through her nose, and exhaled calmly through her mouth. At the least she had plenty of energy to spare right now.

Visualise. That was not so difficult. But having the energy she had now seep out of her proved to be more of a challenge. She felt the energy the moonlight gave her in every fibre of her body but somehow it was not as easy to let it out compared to taking it in. Her eyes closed, still calmly breathing. Fortunatly she was not easily frustrated or impatient.

It took her a good 15 minutes until very slowly little strains of energy left her body. The tips of her hair slowly turning back to black. The reason why it maybe took so long was also because she was a bit afraid to much energy would leave at the same time. Or perhaps even everything she had.

The energy that left her got taken into the earth, the trees and the water. Slowly but sure she managed releasing more and more energy. It all seemed to go well until a brief wave of nausia hit her causing Eälis to suddenly release a lot more. Perhaps even to much since she fell backwards on the moss and fallen leaves. But she did manage to stop the flow of energy right away. Panting heavily and sweat had formed a thin sheet on her skin. It was also not until now she realised her hand that released the violent energy from before had blisters from several burns.

Zero

Tatsu watched and waited very patiently, remaining silent so as not to disturb Ëalis's concentration. It wasn't as if he expected immediate results. Certainly not perfection. Finally he observed the energy flows beginning to shift and move. At first things seemed to be going smoothly enough, if slowly, but when Ëalis released a burst of energy and fell Tatsu immediately moved to her side.

Kneeling down he placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, his eyes full of concern. "Are you alright? You must remain in absolute control of the flow of energy, never taking in or releasing more than you intend. You will need to learn to maintain control even under extreme pressure and distraction, but for now that was not a bad first attempt. Rest a moment."

SilmeriaElemred

''Right..'' the elf said still panting. ''I lost it when I suddenly felt really... sick for a moment...'' from her bag she took some cream, applied it to her injured hand and slowly the burns and blisters vanished. Even so the phantompain would linger for a little while.

''Looks like my hair is back to normal. Pity. I liked the white.'' she jestered although that was more to calm herself down.

''Whats the plan... I can regain energy from the crystals and try again..'' she suggested.

Zero

Tatsu frowned softly, still concerned, especially as he watched her injured hand. He took the now healed hand in his and ran his fingers over the skin lightly. "You must be careful and in control. I do not want to see you or others harmed over this."

He sighed and released her hand. "I will give you energy, save what is stored in your crystals. Let me know when you are ready."

SilmeriaElemred

''Understood.'' Eälis replied. She did had enough gemstones and charging them was easy. After this, bathing in the water despite it being night would do her much good too.

She closed her eyes and breathed calmly. Waiting for Tatsu to give energy to her. Hopefully thistime it would go better. ''Ready.''

Zero

"I will go very slowly. When you feel that you have enough, try to stop me. We will practice both releasing and blocking that way." Tatsu gently took her hand again, cupping it in both of his as he let energy slowly seep from himself into her. The physical connection made the transference easier, and he hoped that it would also aid Eälis.

"Remember, focus is key, but you need have no fear. I am in control and will stop if you cannot stop me yourself." He also would not provide much resistance. For now he would cease if she could muster even a small defense. They would work on the strength of her blocking after she learned the basic technique.

SilmeriaElemred

Receiving energy this way felt a lot different then getting it from the moon or sun, where it felt as if, when paying activly attention to it, could feel like a river flowing with life. It could feel intoxicating.

This more felt a bit like electricity at her hand. But enery was not the only thing she got. A feeling. A fraction of the inner pain that ran deep within Tatsu's being. Dispair and cold. Something was missing but she could not place it. She did know for sure however that inside, a large part of Tatsu had become broken. She only had the feeling briefly but long enough. It could not be seen by her expression, posture or breathing she had felt it. It was actually the second time only now it was clearer.

If this was truely how broken inside Tatsu was, then perhaps, when she was strong enough herself she could help him if he let her. Just like how he helped her now. The little slip of that thread of his soul though. She would make it her task to fix it. But for now, she first had to learn to fix herself.

When having received enough energy she attempted to gently block him out. Normally she would most likely not stand a chance. But his resistence was low and because of that she managed to block the flow of energy.

Zero

Tatsu had no idea that emotions could be transferred with the energy, and with no indication from Eälis, he remained unaware that she was seeing glimpses of his inner self. He had always held a very firm grip on his emotions, showing very little expression in comparison to what was actually inside of him. It would have troubled him to know he was sharing such pain with his student.

The flow of energy stemmed and stopped, very gently he prodded at the shield that had formed between them, before withdrawing his hand and the energy he had been giving. "Very good, Miss Eälis. When you have more control over the transference we will work on the strength of your shields. How do you feel? If you ever need to stop, please say so."

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm alright. '' Eälis assured. ''I just hope I will not get a wave of sickness again like just before.'' she got on her feet and closed her eyes once more. Maybe for just a bit longer she would have liked to touch his hand but there was work to be done. Although hard perhaps she would learn this in a few tries.

She was aware of the dirt between her feet and a wurm somewhere between her toes. She placed her foot elsewhere since the tickling distracted her a bit. Slowly, she started to release it again.

She released the energy at the same pace as before. Steady but not to quickly. And when the feeling of sickness came again she managed to remain steady instead of that she let all of the energy flow out in one go. She did reduce it until nothing came out.

''It seems that when I am half way... my body protests like crazy...'' she said and sighed deeply after breathing in calmly. Not wanting to throw up.

Zero

Tatsu watched his pupil's progress, scowling softly as he felt the change in the flow of energy before it stopped. Obviously Eälis was struggling with something, but he did not understand why there was a problem, her technique seemed fine. Pale eyes roamed over her, concern mingling with confusion as she relayed her self-observations.

"It is curious that your body would protest, do you harbor unconscious fears? Perhaps your body rebels from fear of dying, which it should not since you are in no danger." Tatsu sighed softly and approached her again, letting a thin connection of energy between them form. "Draw energy from me. If you feel that you can try again, we will proceed, but if you need a break, I think it would be a good time to make ourselves comfortable here. I have a feeling we may be here for several days."

SilmeriaElemred

''One more time..'' Eälis spoke determined.

''I do not know why my body protests. Maybe subconsciously it does not want me to release it, since it knows what happens when I have a lack of energy. I had it once. Hence I got so many crystals with me.'' she said as she carefully drew energy from Tatsu. ''There were dark nights and days where clouds blocked the sunlight, moonlight and starlight for about 5 days... if it would have went on longer we most likely never would have met.''

She remembered how frightened she was but did not feel such feers consciously now.

Zero

Tatsu nodded his head solemnly, trusting her judgment about her own limits if she wished to try the exercise once more before resting. The knowledge of her ordeal was troubling, but it certainly made sense of her body's rebellion to the releasing of energy. The physical memory of becoming so weakened would be a block they would have to work through if Eälis was to succeed in the long term.

"Your body will learn not to fear the release, in time. For now we will simply have to work through it slowly and gently. Try again." His voice was gentle and encouraging. Hopefully she would come to trust him explicitly - mind, body, and soul - but trust in him was not enough, she would have to have such unfettered trust in herself as well. Only then could fear leave her completely.

SilmeriaElemred

After taking enough energy from Tatsu, she stopped taking anymore. Centered herself and once more, Eälis let the energy out gently and a little quicker then before. ''I am sure it will pass with the passage of time.'' she said. It sounded suprisingly confident.

She did not like to linger in the past and sulk about negative experiences. If she did then she would never be able to do this either. There was one way for her. And that was forward.

She stopped the release of energy as her body seemed to disagree with her mental thoughts. It hurt terribly but she did not scream. Instead she allowed herself to fall forward on her hands and knees. Considering to release a little more to reach the level her body would not feel a thing but it would perhaps make things worse.
''I'm alright..'' she said before Tatsu would perhaps worry. ''I just need a minute..''

Zero

Tatsu opened his thread of energy, not resisting as Eälis siphoned it away. Her confidence was admirable, a sign of her determination to accomplish her goals. She was continuously reaffirming his decision to help guide her learning as a good choice on his part.

The process of releasing seemed to be going well until she fell forward onto her hands and knees. Despite her attempts at reassurance, Tatsu was kneeling next to her, a hand lightly placed on her back, his magic gently probing for injury, and his face was a mask of concern. "No more for now, you will rest and try again later. There is no hurry, and harming yourself will only further delay your progress."

SilmeriaElemred

Eälis nodded silently. Maybe she had overestimated herself a little. She was not injured which she was actually rather suprised about herself. No nosebleeds or skin that had torn open. ''I'll be ok. I'll take a bath... one in moonlight will do me good.''

A thought then struck her. ''You have no problem with a naked woman near you right? My kin is rather openminded about sharing baths and such...'' most wether child, teen or adult bathed together mixed or with just others of their own gender. It was not strange to give someone other then your lover a backscrub either.

Zero

Tatsu had smoothed his hand over her back soothingly, his magic gently moving over and through her as he reassured himself that Eälis was unharmed. When she mentioned taking a bath in the moonlight he removed his hand and nodded.

"Cleanliness is important, although the water might run cold in the stream." When she pointed out that she would be naked and asked about it he turned his eyes onto her passively. For a moment he merely observed her, his expression neutral. "Nudity is a natural state. I do not intend to either watch you bathe or bathe with you, but your nudity will not offend me."

SilmeriaElemred

''Good.'' She said softly as she looked at him.''I do not worry about the cold. I've gotten used to it by now.''

She got on her feet when it felt right to do so again and headed to the watee where she undressed and neatly colded her clothes. ''If you change your mind... I will not mind if you join me.'' She spoke as she enrered the moonlit water. A smile formed on her lips as the coolness numbed the pain she still felt.
The moonlight felt like a cradle too. She hoped Lunaria was not to worried