Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When thorns have Roses ||SapphireIceDragon & Spicious||

Started by SilmeriaElemred, May 01, 2015, 12:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

''Here nearby huh...'' Anise said. Re-adjusting the hood of her cloak. The clouds were dark as the night but it could not be any later then mid afternoon. ''Trying to wash my sins away or something?'' she said and released a chuckle. ''Good luck with that. I like to bathe in darkness. Wash it away and I will apply it twice as thick.'' She knew where she would end up if she would die. But not on the tortured side. They could skip that part with her in Hell for as far she cared. After all she had proper teachers.

She made certain steps in the wet muddy soil beneath her feet. Knowing exactly where to go. With the pendant that used to belong to the man she had to find and bring to Arthuriel, it would be as easy to find him as a whore in a brothel. The tricky part, was getting him along with her. Smoothly.

Thunder and lightning raged the sky. Almost as if the Gods wanted to warn her. Instead Anise continued her way to the man she was sent to find.

SapphireIceDragon

"Curse the weather," Caleb muttered, pulling his tattered hood over his head. Rain fell relentlessly to the earth and enveloped the forest in a misty scent. He had been wandering aimlessly for weeks. His memories were gone, or they always seemed to slip from his grasp when he tried to reach them. He could only remember three faces: his father, dead, his mother, also dead, and his sister. She was his last family member, and yet he couldn't find her.

I can only pray now...it's not as if I have my wits about me anyways. He thought, stumbling over a fallen log. He quickly regained his balance and sighed. He had a long way to go before he could regain what he had lost.

SilmeriaElemred

Finally. She spotted him. Hours in the rain was worthwhile. Not that she thought it would not be but the faster she got him, or at least out of the rain, the better.

''Are you alright? You seem lost.'' Anise said as she offered him her hand after he had stumbled in the darkness again. She could not blame him, the soggy ground was capable of sucking in any kind of shoe and boot. She smiled kindly and motherly at him. ''By the Gods look at you...'' she looked at his clothes. Drenched till the core. Her cloak had some magical qualities, keeping her and her clothes dry was one thing.

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb glanced down at his muddy, soaked clothes. He had gotten a bit used to his rough appearance. Usually, travelers stayed away from him, his sharp features even sharper with hunger. However, this girl approached him and even seemed to be curious about his well being. He tensed.

"You want something?" He asked, his deep voice scratchy with misuse. He looked over the stranger and wondered what she was thinking.

SilmeriaElemred

''How about getting you into some dry clothes and a hot bath before you get sick. And perhaps a good meal?.'' She opened her cloak, revealing she was unarmed. ''No weapons, and if I wanted to harm you in another way I could have done that already. Please? I... have a weakness for those who could use a little bit of help.'' she sounded sincere and her words were calmly spoken. It was actually going to be a question why a defenseless woman, wearing rather expensive attire was out here in the rain alone.

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb raised his eyebrows, crossing his arms over his chest. Someone with such a weak spot shouldn't be traveling alone. Even so, he couldn't deny that he was in desperate need of help. He should consider it a blessing that a stranger was offering him clothes and food. He looked her over once more, sighing before he responded.

"Alright. I do need help," he admitted, glancing away from her. "And...thank you,"

SilmeriaElemred

Anise nodded.''It is no problem at all. Come.'' She said. Still offering her hand almost like a noblewoman offering her hand for a dance. She would lead him to the nearest small down and the best inn they had. She would not care about the costs. Her late husband had left her enough after all. And she could not help being a little spoiled.

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb nodded, not taking her hand. He still didn't trust her yet. He wordlessly followed her to where she was going. But wouldn't helping me delay her travels? Why do something so generous to such a complete stranger? He wanted to ask her these questions, but decided to keep his mouth shut. He couldn't remember if that was a polite thing to do or not.

His amnesia was impossibly frustrating.

SilmeriaElemred

Anise took him to the best inn in the nearest town. Requesting two hot meals, two seperate rooms and a hot bath for Caleb. The latter preferably first so he could warm up. The innkeeper telling her that the baths were in the back. Anise followed the innkeeper to there with Caleb still holding his hand spotting one bath whose water was warmed up with the help from a fire.

''Leave your wet clothes in the basket over there. One of my maids will wash them for you'' he said before he returned to the counter.

''If you were my son I would have asked if I could wash your back she said with a soft kind giggle after the innkeeper left. She ruffled in her bag taking out some clothes.''these were my late husbands but he was about your size. You can wear them for now.'' She placed them on a wooden bench that had a towel on it too.''I will give you some privacy. Unless of course you want me to wait here''

SapphireIceDragon

"No. Privacy would be nice," Caleb said stiffly, a blush dusting his cheeks. The thought of someone, anyone, seeing him naked made him cringe. He never did like human contact. As soon as he had woken up in the middle of nowhere he decided that he wouldn't get close to anyone. "Again...thank you," he mumbled awkwardly. Without turning to see if she had left, he took off his cloak and his shirt. Little did he know that he had whip markings on his back.

SilmeriaElemred

Anise had looked back just before she left through the door. She saw the marks but resumed leaving quietly.

'Arthuriel, I found him. I will not take him by force though. Unless I must. I like to sugarcoat it a little.'  She thought as she turned the ring on her finger.

She thought for a moment how it would be best to bring the man home but she had some ideas. She took a seat at one of the tables that were more hidden in the corner. Away from all those boasting folk. Sitting there in her red and black corset dress made her look out of place but she would not have it any other way. She wondered when Caleb would notice he would be wearing nobility attire.

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb had to work hard at scrubbing his arms and legs to get all of the dirt off. After washing his face, he looked at the reflection in the water. He never remembered what he looked like before. Pale, blonde hair, with crystalline blue eyes. Sharp features that weren't ugly but weren't exactly handsome either.

After he got out of the water and dried himself off, he looked at the clothes that the woman had left for him. They were much nicer than what he had had before. He gingerly changed into them, afraid that he might tear or somehow damage the expensive fabric.

SilmeriaElemred

Enjoying a glass of one of the more finer wines she smiled warmly when he had returned. Over her shoulder was a mooth braid of her dark hair which was so tight one might wonder if it hurt.''You look a lot better. Feeling all warmed up?'' She asked. Gesturing to one of the chairs for him to sit down upon.''You can order whatever drink you wish alright? No need to worry about the expenses. I have no shortage on coins.''

Arthuriel

As Anise and Caleb sat down at their table, the tavern door flew open. The patrons of the bar turned their heads collectively towards the newcomer, and all around the room eyes widened and jaws dropped. It was a dark-skinned fiend with two horns rising like twin spires out of his forehead and past his black hair. Despite that, the creature's two most defining features were his blazing eyes of fire and the spaded obsidian tail that was wrapped around his left leg.

"Oh, am I not welcome?" He asked, a mischievous grin gracing his hellish features.

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb nearly jumped out of his seat at the sight of the creature. It looked like a demon...had he ever seen one before? His eyes narrowed at it, trying to see if it had any weapons at the moment. He almost sighed in relief when he didn't see any. Slumping back in his chair, he addressed the woman next to him.

"Any drink? Water will be fine," he said simply.

SilmeriaElemred

Anise eyed the creature too. If it was sent by Arthuriel she did not know of it.

' Arthuriel, please tell me that you sent this creature...'she said to him in thought. She doubt that it was the case. He trusted her to do this job alone and bring the man to her mansion in Adela. She nidded after hearing Caleb spreak.''Water it is. I would almost think you had seen enough of that today though.'' She jestered.

''How rude of me I had not even introduced myself. My name is Anise. Lady from the Elanesse household.''

SapphireIceDragon

"I am...Caleb. Caleb Galberd," he replied, glad that he still remembered his own name. He glanced out the window; it was still raining. He wished that he was still outside. It was too warm in the inn for his taste, and for some reason he yearned for the cold. It was as if there was a part of him that was locked up, and he was barely grasping at the key. However, he couldn't go back outside now. It would ruin the nice clothes he had on.

Arthuriel

Maverick, still grinning from the initial reaction of the tavern patron's, suddenly turned toward the pair. He felt a coolness in the air, one he'd felt only one other place. He cocked his head to the left, observing them with no subtlety whatsoever.

SilmeriaElemred

''May I ask Galberd. What brings you out there alone in the state you were in. Sorry if I am prying I just can't help it. My late husband always said I was to nosy when I was worried about someone.'' she took as sip from her wine after she spoke while the water Calab had ordered was put on the table with the notification dinner would be served in a few minutes.

SapphireIceDragon

"I have amnesia," Caleb replied, his eyes darting around the tavern. They narrowed at the creature that was watching them. He shook his head and turned back to the table. I suppose our conversation doesn't have privacy right now, but it's not like I talk much anyways... Sighing, he picked up his cup and took a drink of water. When he set it back down, frost could be seen forming on its surface.