Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When thorns have Roses ||SapphireIceDragon & Spicious||

Started by SilmeriaElemred, May 01, 2015, 12:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthuriel

Maverick saw the waiter coming over to deliver the food and he quickly he took action. Slithering through the crowd of tables, he got to the waiter- a rather plain looking man with no definable features,- and took the tray of food.  The waiter, too scared to resist, simply ran back to the back kitchen.

"Your dinner, honored guests!" He said as he set the tray down. There was something familiar about the woman, a blackness in her soul he'd seen only once before. Likewise, there was something familiar about the man, a certain cold air seemed to follow him. Maverick stuck out his forked tongue, hissing like a serpent.

"Will that be all?"

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb looked up at the devilish man, who had so graciously hijacked their food and served it himself. He seemed to radiate a warmth of some sort. Caleb had a feeling that he knew more than he should, and the stranger certainly intrigued him.

"That will be all. Thank you," he nodded, keeping an eye on the onyx skinned man. Frost began to form where he touched the table.

SilmeriaElemred

''Your service has been much appreciated. Thank you.'' Anise said. Not having received a message back from Arthuriel mist likely meant he was in another plain of existence. Would this devilish creature be more of a bother however she still could banish him to hell for 36 hours including a blackout using selenite and seraphite. Also known as angelstone. It burned in her own hands a little but at least they would be alone.

The food was a feast at least for normal standards. ''Eat. I am sure you must be starving.'' She said noticing the ice. A mage this person was then? She would have to keep that in mind. ''Amnesia... that must be hard.'' She felt her demon lurking in the shadows. Just far away enough so it could not be detected. It had suprised her how much the demon she contracred when she was a kid lurked around. Kind of protecting her. He had no claim on her soul since she gave him the tortured ones from her mither and father.

''Are there things, anything you do remember?'' She asked. Attempting to take Calebs attention away from the demon.

Arthuriel

Maverick never moved, seeming to have not heard their would-be dismissals. He peered over them, leaning forward like a living, grinning tower.

"Your soul is black, dear," He said, turning his attention to Anise. She was a curious creature, most people with black souls had dealt with demons and thus were marked. But she had no such mark, it was merely black, just like another he knew. "Do you know the Demon's Merchant, deary?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I am not your dear, sweety.'' Anise said calmly taking a sip of her wine. ''Now if you do not mind. There is something called personal space. So why won't you do something, some place else? I choose this place to talk with my companion in a bit more private setting while enjoying some food. The conversation does not concern a demon.'' she looked him deeply in the eyes. Her gaze was not long but long enough for some advice to be spoken to her. ''Why not some music in the corner over there. Or a little non lethal performances? If you would do that instead of invading our personal space I would not have to resort to Selenite.''

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb watched the two with curiosity as they spoke. A black soul? I have not heard of such a thing...I wonder if that means that she's evil, then? But she seems so kind. The conversation was beginning to bother him, so he decided to regard the woman's earlier question.

"There is not much I can remember. While I can remember the faces of my parents, they are both dead. The only family I have left is my little sister," he said, not caring if the demon heard or not. There was no harm in his statement.

Arthuriel

"Oh, don't worry, I won't tell anyone you're here. Though I am curious as to what you, or rather what he, wants with this man." Maverick jerked an onyx thumb toward Caleb. As he spoke, he maneuvered tail towards Caleb, slinking its way towards his pant leg. If this human was who Maverick suspected, the touch of their body would tell him.

SilmeriaElemred

''No idea who you are talking about.'' Anise replied. ''But I think you are getting to close'' she got on her two feet and crushed the gemstone in her hand. ''You will need to wait. Let the man eat for crying out loud.'' she placed her hand with the crushed gemstone on Maverick. ''Leave. I am not going to tell you again.''

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb watched the two with increasing interest. They sure seem irritated by each other... When he saw movement, he glanced down to his leg. Is that...a tail? He kicked it away in surprise, not bothering to think if it would hurt its owner. He had had enough surprises for the day, thank you very much.

Arthuriel

Could always ask... Maverick thought to himself, scowling at Caleb. But he dismissed the notion, he didn't seem to know anything about... well, anything. He turned back to Anise, sniffing the crushed gem. His frown deepened when he recognized the ore.

"Ooh, that's just dirty tricks," He said, backing away slowly from Anise. "But I know when I'm not welcome," He turned from the pair, heading towards the bar. He made sure to snap his tail at Caleb's leg before he was out of range. He smiled subtly when he realized who the man was.

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb scowled when he felt the tail brush past his leg. That demon should learn a thing or two about manners, or I will personally teach him myself... He was now in a particularly bad mood. He picked at his food, eating it but not enjoying it. It tasted fine, marvelous, actually, but he just frowned at his plate.

"I'm done. Thank you," he said gruffly, nodding at the woman and getting up from his seat. There's no danger in walking around at the moment...

SilmeriaElemred

''..Wait..'' Anise said softly looking at Caleb. ''There is something I need to tell you. I wanted sooner but with hellspawn pestering us or actually you, it did not seem like the right time yet. And outside to many potentional eavesdroppers.'' she paused.

''I have something that belongs to you which I think should be returned to you'' it was then that she placed the pendant on the table

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb's eyes widened, his hands reaching for the pendant. When he touched it, a memory flashed through his mind.

"I won't be gone for long. I promise," Caleb said, chuckling. He ruffled his sister's platinum blonde hair.

"I'm not a child anymore," She crossed her arms over her chest. He knew that she hated being treated like that, but he did it anyways. He just couldn't imagine his little sister being eighteen.

"It's hard to tell, since you're so short," he smirked. She smiled, giving him a light punch to the arm. "Hey, tell you what. I'll give you this pendant of mine-"

SilmeriaElemred

''It came into my posession recently. Managed to get the being who had it tell me he was looking for you. He was not the only one after you so I tried to find you first. Everything I said before though still counts. I really want to help you. In whatever way I can.'' Anise said sincerely.

''If you do not trust me I get that. I really do. Amnesia is not easy. People would... exploit you. And what kind of lady of noble houses walks in the rain by herself. Carrying no weapons other then angel stones. I just... want you to have your memory back. And your sister. Heck. I will even use the wealth I have if it helps you finding her.''

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb eyed the woman carefully. Was she telling the entire truth? Her answer seemed genuine, and she was willing to look on his side of things. And it's not like he could be choosy about who his comrades would be.

"Thank you," he said slowly, as to not give away any possible emotions he might have. The skill came from somewhere, although he couldn't remember its origins. There was a part of him that could be mysterious and stealthy if need be. It was almost as if he used to be an assassin before he lost his memories. "Who else was looking for me?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Demons mainly. It is not a conversation for here. I do not like to many potentional eavesdroppers. I suggest we go to your room, or mine. Ward it, and talk in private. If you want to hear it. Whatever your choice will be then, I will help you if you want me too. If not, we get some new clothes for you in the morning, you will get a pouch of coins and I will be on my way.''

SapphireIceDragon

Why would demons be after me? Caleb was intrigued. He couldn't leave this woman now, not after she had told him that. He needed more information. He leaned forward slightly, hoping that no one could hear them.

"Tell me more," he said quietly, the tone of his voice issuing a command more than a suggestion. He stuffed his hands inside his pockets and waited for her response.

SilmeriaElemred

''Like I said. Not here. I have more angelstones on me but can not face a legion.'' she got on her feet and gestured upstairs. ''I will tell you everything I know.''

Arthuriel

Meanwhile, Maverick had been enjoying the open bar. Well, it had opened when he showed up anyway. Despite his drinking, his pointed ears remained focused on the pair. The woman was intriguing but also worrisome. Few people had anglestone and fewer still knew what it could do.

She was dangerous and she knew it.

Maverick would have to tread lightly around her, and stealthily. He looked down at his attire and sighed inwardly. He wouldn't be able to sneak around after such a dramatic entrance and introduction. Still, she was after his prize and that simply wouldn't do.

SapphireIceDragon

Caleb nodded, not waiting for her to go upstairs. He took her hand at led her up to his room. He wanted answers, and fast. If demons were after him, were they after his sister, too? He felt like such an idiot. While he was busy blundering around the woods, his own flesh and blood could've been in trouble. He shut the door behind them and faced the woman once more.

"We're alone, and you can do your warding now," he said gruffly.