Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Always Waiting for the Night [m]

Started by Draconian, May 18, 2015, 12:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Gardens chest tightened and she snuggled closer to Varian.

"Can you still take my beast from me?" She asked softly, looking up at him, "maybe you can keep it... in a bottle or something. You can do that ritual you wanted to do the first night we made love?"

DaGlobster

"Of course, Gardenia. That's what we were going to do at the end of our month," Varian said.

"One last run in the moonlight, remember?"

Draconian

Gardenia nodded, "i know. I remember. I just wanted to hear you say it," another sigh and she squeezed her eyes shut. What a mess this all was. Licking her lips she pulled away slightly, "did i ruin your life?"

DaGlobster

"No, never," Varian said.

He gave her a long look, although his eyes had nothing but warmth and love.

"I think you saved it."

Draconian

Gardenia sighed and gave a weary little nod.

"If you say so," she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and looked up at the sky before closing her eyes and making a grumpy face, "I dunno. Weren't you content? Did you... Did I change you that much?"

DaGlobster

"Gardenia, I wouldn't even dare to regret loving you for even a second. You've been nothing but good to me, and I love you," Varian said.

"I want you to be happy."

Draconian

Gardenia's face crumpled and she sat up, curling her arms around her knees and tucking her face down into her dress. "I can't be happy, I'm not getting what I want. I can't have you, my husband will hate me when he finds out what I've done and we've consummated so we can't annul it." A sigh and she pressed her hands to her face, "I've ruined everything. Everything. I can't be happy when... When nothing will be alright again."

DaGlobster

"You're wrong. Things are going to get better," Varian said.

"You... you don't have to go back, Gardenia. That is always an option."

Draconian

A pouty teary eyed look was given to Varian and she rubbed at her eyes. "Where would i go?" Gardenia sighed, "i have nothing. I dont own anything except for this necklace you gave me."

DaGlobster

"You could stay with me. If you want to sever ties, this... this is your chance. We could have our life together, free from the past."

Varian put his arm around her, and he kissed the side of her head. He looked out to the horizon, at the setting sun over the ocean.

"We can be a family."

Draconian

Gardenia felt her heart stop.

A family.

She had a family.

A father. A husband. A pained look was on her face and she stayed silent for a while, watching the light reflect from the water before she took a deep breath and pressed her face to Varian's shoulder, eyes closed.

"I want that," She breathed, "I want that so badly." Another pause, "But I can't. I can't do that to Hyacinthe or my father." Gardenia took in a deep breath and hugged her knees to her chest to rest her forehead against them, deep shuddering breaths, "I'm so confused Varian. What am I supposed to do?"

DaGlobster

Varian was still and quiet, not quite sure about how to answer that question. In one hand, he knew that if she just abandoned her family, there would be consequences. On the other, it was so hard to not be selfish.

"I kinda wanted to actually be your doctor. And see your kids," Varian said, and he gave her a facetious grin.

"I love you, and I want you to be here for as long as possible and love you every second, but you do need to go back eventually. If not for your husband's sake, then for your father's."

He kissed the top of her head.

Draconian

Gardenia felt it a little bit like a coffin.

Her mismatched eyes were wide and she stared at Varian for a few moments before she licked her lips and gave her head a defeated little nod. Her hand smoothed down his arm when he kissed the top of her head and she moved it quickly to brush away the tears. "I'm sorry I ruined everything," She finally whispered, chewing on her bottom lip, "Can we take away the beast? Like we were going to? I..." she swallowed and let out a shaky breath, "I'd like that very much before... Before you go."

Because then they'd have nothing in common and if they had nothing in common... Maybe she wouldn't miss him so bad.

DaGlobster

Varian nodded.

"You didn't ruin anything," Varian said, and he held her softly.

"Do... do you still want to spend that month with me?"

Draconian

Gardenia rubbed at her eyes, head down before she gave a little nod. "I'd like that but..." she chewed on her lip and turned to Varian, curling her arms around his middle and snuggling into his neck. "Do you still want me? Here?"

DaGlobster

"Mhmm" Varian said, mumbling into her hair as his arms tightened around her.

"Still want you. Here and in general. Going to take a lot more effort on your part to change that," He said, giving her sides a playful squeeze.

Draconian

Gardenia curled into him more, nuzzling against his neck. She pressed a kiss to his cheek and nibbled on his earlobe before pulling away with a sad smile. "I'll take what I can get then," she breathed, eyes squeezed shut and snuggled in close, "And then the beast will be gone. And I can... be normal."

DaGlobster

In order to hug Gardenia better, his arm shifted into a tendril and he wrapped her up quite lovingly, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Do you want to go to bed?"

Draconian

Gardenia closed her eyes and sighed, snuggling closer. "I am a little tired," she murmured, voice soft. "Are you going to take us... home... now?"

DaGlobster

"If by home, you mean my home, then yes," Varian said.

They were incredibly close now, and Varian brought her up a bit so he could lay a kiss on her lips.

"If you're not tired, I know ways of tiring you out," he growled huskily into her ear.