Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On the road again! [Glooob!]

Started by Rhindeer, May 19, 2015, 09:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Durga landed with a grunt and rolled to a stop, and when she went to scramble to her feet--

She froze, because all those spears were pointed right at her.

"...Fuck," she breathed, and slowly raised her hands in surrender, letting the mace fall to the ground.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"I told you to surrender. Now? We do this the hard way," Motark said as he approached her. Still brandishing his club, however it was back to that neutral position. His huntmates didn't speak common, so he could at least get a few words in. They did, however, force her up onto her knees.

"I know it's confusing, I'll explain when you wake up."

He barked out an order in Orcish, and the orc behind her brought the haft of his spear down on the back of her head.

Rhindeer

When Durga did wake up, she had the worst headache of her life. Like the worst hangover of her life, but doubled. With a groan and a cough, she cracked her eyes open and blinked blearily, disoriented and confused and blurry-eyed. A slight wriggle revealed her wrists and ankles were bound, and that she was stretched out onto her side on the ground.

For a moment, she was puzzled, and wondered what the hell she'd been up to the night before.

But then it all came back to her, slowly through the haze of pain. Oh, she'd been up to something crazy, alright. But not something fun. The last thing she remembered was being surrounded by so many spears and then...

"...Fuck!"

With a start, she struggled to try to sit up, but her head throbbed and her stomach lurched, and it was all she could do to turn over and vomit.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Durga didn't know this, but she was laying in none other than Motark's tent. Her blurry eyes and frazzled vision kept almost all of the details away from her, but the tent was extremely spacious. The whole thing was split in half, with one being Motark's private quarters, and the other half being his throne room. Both sides were separated by a wall of fabric, accessible via a slit.

Motark's private quarters were as lavishly furnished as a tribal orc could get. Countless trophies of war, various beast skulls, and masterfully crafted weapons all adorned the walls. Light came from a ball of illumination, floating at the very top and providing comfortable, even lighting in the room. The floor, including the section Durga was laid out on, was covered almost entirely in comfortable furs.

Fortunately, she just so happened to vomit in a clear spot.

Motark himself was seated in front of the fireplace, facing away from her. Once she stirred, though, he took notice.

"Oh, good. You're awake," he said in his shaky common.

"How's the head?"

Rhindeer

Durga's head was swimming, and her vision was still fuzzy, so she didn't notice the orc until he spoke.

Jerking in surprise, she twisted to look at him, and her eyes widened and then narrowed in fear and anger. How's the head, he asked. How's the head? Was he for real? Was he mocking her? She'd gotten knocked out by an orc! And she knew from experience that it took a hell of a powerful blow to know her out.

"What the fuck do you think?" she snapped, words slightly slurred.

DaGlobster

"Still dazed, then."

He stood up and stretched, gigantic joints popping. Stepping on over to an aggressively carved table, he filled a bowl that had been sitting there with the contents of a small clay bottle.

"Do you want medicine?"

Rhindeer

Medicine? What in the...?

Durga scowled, shooting him a withering glower. "I want you to tell me what the shit's going on!" she growled, and yanked at her bonds, kicking her feet ineffectively. "Just lemme go! I ain't no threat to your stupid clan or whatever!"

DaGlobster

"Clan tensions are high. I couldn't take chances."

He swished the contents of the bowl around, and looked over to Durga.

"My people have high expectations of me, too. I... Look."

He sighed.

"I didn't want to do this, but I had to."

Rhindeer

Exhausted already from that brief struggle with her head still spinning, Durga flopped back with a gasp, panting for breath and closing her eyes as she waited for the world to stop tilting. Finally, she cracked them open again and looked at the blurred figure that was the orc.

"What's...this?" she demanded, forcing the words out despite the growing knot of fear in her throat. She'd spent her life being the biggest and baddest gal in any given area, towering over most men, even, and more than capable of bashing their heads in with a punch! She was used to being able to protect herself, used to feeling strong and capable and intimidating. This was something new, something she didn't know how to handle: being at someone else's mercy.

"What're you gonna do with me?"

And not just anyone's mercy, but an orc's. She knew all about what orcs did to people, and her parents had warned her that being half orc didn't make her any safer. Not at all.

DaGlobster

"Well, by 'this', I meant capture you. I was sorely tempted to let you go, but I have appearances to keep, and a tribe to keep safe."

He set the bowl down, and took a crude knife off of the table.

"I'm going to cut you loose. Don't try anything."

Rhindeer

Durga stiffened at the sight of the knife, but she knew better than to disobey the orc with the bloody knife. She held perfectly still, scarcely breathing. "So, what? you captured me so...now what?"

DaGlobster

"I don't know, really..."

He sawed at her wrist binding until it gave, and moved over to her legs so he could start on those.

"I know I can't just let you free."

Rhindeer

As soon as her hands were free, Durga used them to hold her head and groan. This was...what was even happening right now. She was having a civil conversation with an orc, is what. Maybe this was a dream or something. Didn't orcs communicate through grunts and punches and murder?

"Fucking fantastic," she grumbled, the world still swaying around her even though she was holding perfectly still, making her stomach pitch and churn. "What the fuck's up with you? Shouldn't you be like murdering me? How the fuck do you even know Common? What kinda orc are you? Like, are you fucking with me?"

DaGlobster

"It's... complicated. Frankly, I should be murdering you. But..."

He cut her legs free, and sat down in front of her, all cross-legged, and took the bowl of medicine from the table, holding it out to her.

"It's a very long and complicated story."

Rhindeer

With the bowl held out to her, Durga grunted and forced herself to sit upright. It was clear she was currently no threat to him; even if she thought punching him was a wise idea, she was woozy enough that it'd be like a kitten punching a wall. She could hardly turn her head without feeling like she was going to sick up, much less think about fighting.

She took the bowl in one hand and rubbed the back of her head with the other, and she sipped at it quickly. She wasn't stupid enough to be paranoid about poison. They wouldn't have gone through so much effort to take her alive only to poison her. That would be stupid.

"Explain," she said between sips.

DaGlobster

Motark nodded.

"I'm the inheritant to the Bloodspear dynasty. I rule over the Red Sun clan as my father before me, and as his father before him. You're sitting in the very center of the largest Orc clan in the region."

He cracked his neck a few times.

"I might carry the bloodline, but I am not like my father. The Red Sun clan is violent, and I don't want that for my people. However, they look up to me for strong leadership. They look up to me, and see the deadliest warrior in thair history. They want war, and sacrifices, and celebrations. Not peace."

Rhindeer

Durga fixed him with a blank look, hardly able to believe what she was hearing.

"...You're telling me you're a peace-loving orc," she said. It was half question, half flat statement, delivered tonelessly.

DaGlobster

Motark rubbed the back of his head, ear flicking away a fly.

"Well, it's more complicated than that, but... Yes, I suppose that's the short answer."

Rhindeer

Durga heaved a sigh.

"But you have to look tough. Uh. So beat me up and lemme go with a stern warning? I'll act properly cowed."

DaGlobster

"That's not how things work around here, unfortunately. You're a trespasser and outsider, in a time where all the clans are tense with each other. Wrong place, wronger time."

He glanced back to the fire, to make sure it was still safely smoldering.

"I don't know how long you'll have to be here."

Tags: