Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Drink, Please? (Niala15!)

Started by JackieCat, May 22, 2015, 01:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Akhe screamed as the spiked whip dug once again into her already cut and scarred back.  She swung her head around and her teeth snagged at the end of the whip.  She yanked hard, but her grip wasn't tight enough and the man pulled it back.  He whipped her again for her trouble, and, mentally sighing, Akhe started forwards.

Akhe was much stronger than a regular horse, but the load she was pulling was still too much.  Her master, who was usually just a cabman, was hauling a wagon full of sandstone.  The load would have been heavy for two horses, and as Akhe pulled, she imagined that someday soon she would collapse from exhaustion and die.

The heat wasn't helping.  The sun was beating down on her silver coat and there was not a drop of water for the horse.  Of course, her master, a small rat-like man named Ferich Lynkch, had a canteen full of cool water, but Akhe hadn't had a drink for four hours, much too long in this heat, and she was working harder than she ought to have been.

Ferich knew that Akhe was stronger than other horses, but he knew she wasn't invincible.  The problem was, he didn't care.  When this one died, he'd just buy another, that was how he lived.

As Akhe pulled the heavy cart through the crowded streets she saw a trough of water off to the side of the road.

She turned for it.

"Git back on course you worthless beast!" Ferich shouted, snapping his whip, but Akhe didn't yeild.  She plodded towards the through and lowered her mouth to the water, drinking up the water as fast as she could.  Ferich pulled on the reins and whipped her, but the horse stayed put.

Grumbling and swearing Ferich climbed from the wagon and walked up to Akhe.  He was about to strike her face when out of the corner of his eye he sighted a tavern.  He looked at the bar, then back at Akhe, then back at the bar, and back at Akhe.  He swore at her and, after tying her reins to a post, walked into the tavern.

Akhe could't believe her luck!  Rest and a drink for her!  Despite the harness she managed to lay down on the road after drinking her fill.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Niala15

Niala let her eyes wander from side to side as she passed through the streets, nervously. It had been a while since she was in a place as crowded as this. She knew she was no longer used to being around people. Or humans, for that matter. Although her gut feeling told her not to venture so far from her home, she knew she must go into town for food and supplies.

Niala continued to walk, searching for a place to rest, and perhaps eat. She soon spotted a tavern, and sighed, both out of relief, and worry. She made her way to the door, before she noticed something, It was a horse, a beautiful one, tied near a trough filled with water, and tied to a heavy looking cart. Niala, being a lover of animals, felt pity for the poor creature, as she walked in the bar.

JackieCat

Akhe raised her head as the young woman walked by.  She was different. She smelled different.  A very strong scent of. . . magic!

Of course, Akhe smelled that every day, with mages and elves and the like walking around, but this one smelled only of magic.  Most others had their own unique scent, and then the magic was mixed in, but this girl's unique scent was the magic.  As she walked into the tavern Akhe neighed to her loudly.  As she did, the horse got to her feet.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Niala15

Niala stepped into the front of the tavern, but stopped instantly after. Had the horse just neighed to her? Niala glanced over her shoulder, seeing the creature stand to their feet, and looking directly at her. Glancing again, looking for anyone who might own the horse, Niala stepped out of the tavern cautiously, and began to walk towards the creature.

"Hello there..." She said softly, just a few feet away.

JackieCat

Hello.  Akhe sent the message, not with words, but with emotions, resulting in the young woman not receiving words but a rush of feelings from the horse. My name is Akhe, who are you?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor