Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Brothers, to the Fight (Draco!)

Started by JackieCat, June 03, 2015, 05:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Kilarhas ran his fingers through his long silver hair. "By all the elves in Le'raana, I have to have a brother who's a thief just for the fun of it!"

Kilarhas grumbled under his breath as he looked around the street.  It was dark and the elf was on his way to a nearby inn to ask around for his brother.  He was in one of the few parts of Arca that were shady.  Right where his brother, Faelis, would probably be.  His brother had left their former home a year before Kilarhas had been exiled, so Faelis didn't know that his brother had been exiled.  Kilarhas was now looking for his brother because he had heard of a robbery not far from where Kilarhas was now, but in the rich part of town.  He had heard the description of the robber, knew it to be his brother, and had decided to go looking for him.

Kilarhas didn't want to meet his brother, Faelis always had been careless and reckless, spoiled because who cared what he turned into?  Their parents hadn't cared.   Kilarhas was the only one that really mattered, he was going to be the king.   So they had groomed him to become a king while Faelis and Kilarhas's other siblings got to do whatever they wanted while Kilarhas was studying to be a king.

Kilarhas smiled darkly as he walked through the street, his cloak's hood pulled down low.  Well, look at him now, look where all that studying put him, a ranger and a mercenary, exiled by his parents for saving the kingdom.  It served his parents right, putting everything into him, and now his youngest brother would be king.  An elf who had never studied for the position, while his two older brother traveled the world on their own.  Not he was the one who could do whatever he wanted.

Kilarhas shook the thoughts of his parents from his mind as he walked into the inn.  The main room was dim and the low ceiling and smell of stale drink and made Kilarhas sure that this was the right place. It was filled with people who Kilarhas assumed to be thieves and other unsavory characters.

He scanned the room and then walked over to the bar, where the bartender was cleaning a class with a dirty rag.  It had been seven years since he had seen his brother, but when the bartender looked up, Kilarhas recognized the other elf right away.

Faelis didn't seemed surprised to see Kilarhas, and he smirked when he saw him.  He leaned on the bar and looked at Kilarhas. "What are you doing here, brother?  On a mission for your kingdom?"

Now it was Kilarhas's turn to smiled. "Far from it, I was exiled by are dear parents a year after you left."

Faelis did look surprised now, and he raised his thin eyebrows, his piercings glinting in the dim light. "Exiled?  What for, brother?  I thought you were the perfect one."

"I wasn't that day," Kilarhas said, and he proceeded to tell Faelis why exactly he had been exiled.  When he was finished there was a silence between them, then Faelis spoke up.

"So you say you're a ranger now, so I have to assume you're here for someone.  A self-respecting elf like you wouldn't come to this place for a drink."

"No, but I wan't to know why you're working here, I thought you were a thief?"

"I am, this job is just for a bit.  I currently have no money on me, so I decided to try and earn a little." Kilarhas scoffed. "That's a change."  Faelis continued. "I know, I don't like it.  But I'm done working in an hour, and I'll not do it again.  Back to my question, who're you here for?

"Me?"

Kilarhas sighed. "Yes, you."

"Kill me?"

Kilarhas shook his head. "Not kill you, I don't kill unless I have to.  I'm going to have to take you to jail, though."

Faelis pursed his lips to keep back a smile. "I'm afraid I'm not going to come quietly, If that's what you want.  I know you've always been a good fighter, Kil, with your magic and dagger and bow.  But I'm not bad either!"

And in the middle of his sentence he vaulted over bar at Kilarhas, but the other elf was ready for it, he ducked, but Faelis grabbed his shoulders and they tumbled to the floor, rolling across the ground.  Kilarhas kicked over a chair as they fought, and another man was hit by it as it fell.  He leaped up with a roar, attacking the man nearest to him, and soon the whole place had exploded into a full-on bar-fight.

Faelis got on top of Kilarhas and grinned down at him somewhat madly. "This is fun."

Then Kilarhas flipped him off and leaped to his feet, Faelis following suit.  Kilarhas leaped at his brother and they crashed out of the bar ind into the street.  The rolled across the ground, trading punches and other forms of attack.

"Not bad, brother," Faelis said, rolling to his feet and facing Kilarhas, licking a bloody lip and still smiling. "Not bad at all."

(OOC: Sorry for the long post!)
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Draconian

OH MAN.

Oh man oh man oh man.

Doeshe rushed over to the fallen pair, fighting... And flopped on top of them. Giving them both licks and making trilling noises and almost purring like a cat. "Doeshe!" Sharlee called out, chasing the large white dragon. "Doeshe get off of them!" Her hands went to the dragons neck and she pulled him towards her.

With regret, the dragon -the size of a small horse- stumbled off the pair and threw his head under Sharlee's arm, demanding head rubs. "I'm so sorry. Doeshe is a big puppy, I swear." She gave him his desired head rubs and then held her hands to her chest, looking worried and concerned. "Did he hurt either of you?"

JackieCat

"What the-?" Faelis swore darkly as the brothers got to their feet. Faelis continued.  "That was a good fight you're dragon so rudely interrupted. . .ah," he trailed off when he saw how attractive Sharlee was.  "Hey, I'm Faelis, what's your name?"

Kilarhas sighed.  Great, Faelis was flirting again.  "We're both fine, I'm sure we hurt each other more than your dragon did.". The elf wiped blood from his face and looked over to Faelis, who had now brushed his shoulder-length black hair back from his handsome face.  Indeed, Faelis was extremely handsome, even more so than Kilarhas.

"We're sorry you had to come upon us at such a, well, difficult time," Kilarhas continued.

"Oh no," Faelis said. "You're sorry, brother, I'm not." He looked back to Sharlee. "Not sorry to have met such a beautiful woman."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Draconian

Oh dear.

Sharlee looked at Doeshe and he gave her a wide eyed puppy look back.  Pleased as always, to simply have attention. "I'm Sharlee." She introduced herself with a small curtsy, giving an incline of her head and still looked apologetic. "This is Doeshe. He's still just a baby and doesn't understand that you weren't playing."  Her hand went to the dragons neck and his eyes closed and gave a happy hum.

She looked to their faces first to Kilarhas and then to Faelis. She ignored the not so subtle flirting."Are you... Alright?" She looked between the two, not about to enter into their business but concerned none the less. "May I ask what you were fighting about?"

JackieCat

"Ah, we're fine," Faelis said, waving a hand. "And we were just fighting over the fact that I'm kind of a wanted criminal and since he's my brother and all righteous and stuff he's come to arrest me, bring me to justice.  Obviously, I don't want to go to some rotting old jail, so we started to fight.  So far, neither of us were winning."

"I can see you're not fine, brother," Kilarhas said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Despite your best efforts, I can see you are holding your right arm in a awkward position, and not moving it at all.  I surmise that during our fight you have injured you arm, and considering the fact that I had you in a very tight arm-bar not two minutes before, I conclude that you broke your wrist.  Therefor, I was winning the fight."

"Oh, shut up," Faelis sighed. "But you're right.  It's broken."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Violet eyes went wide and she just stared.

"uuuh..." She threw her arm over Doeshe's neck and she felt his tongue lap her up from neck to forehead. Still, Sharlee just stared and smiled politely. Was it took late to back up and slowly walk away?

"Well.." She cleared her throat, giving the one fellow's - Faelis? - wrist a look. "I can lead you to a clinic to get that patched up, if you like." A polite smile. When they were inside, then she'd run away with Doeshe. What an odd pair.

JackieCat

Faelis looked at Kilarhas, then back at Sharlee. "A, clinic?  I think I'll be fine, if Kilarhas can set the bone, that is."

Kilarhas crossed his arms. "You're a thief, I'm supposed to catch you and bring you to jail, I'll bring you to jail and then I'll fix your arm."

"What?" Faelis sighed. "C'mon, can't you help me, give me a day's head start, and then you can come after me?"

Kilarhas shook his head. "No, you're coming with me now."

Faelis's face twisted into a smile and he took a step towards Kilarhas. "I won't be coming with you, brother."  Then he dashed over to Sharlee.  A dagger appeared in his hand and in a second he was behind the young woman.  He yanked her away from the little dragon and brought his knife to her throat. "There," he said, still smiling. "Now, let me go, and don't attack or I'll kill her." He looked down at Sharlee. "Sorry to drag you into this, honey, but I'm not going with him."

"Faelis!" Kilarhas said, taking a step forward. "You are a thief, not a killer!"

"How do you know?" Faelis pressed the knife harder to Sharlee's throat as his brother stepped closer. "Don't come any closer.  You haven't seen me in years, I've changed a lot." 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Doeshe was little for a dragon, but he was still the size of a small horse. Even he recognized the knife at Sharlee's throat and she made the hand motion to stay. So he did. Sharlee gave a pleading look to Kilarhas to fix this. Obviously trying to help got you almost killed. Taking deep steadying breaths she closed her eyes briefly, she couldn't fight. Her things were in her room. "Oh, please don't be a killer. I have things to do and people to look for." Sharlee huffed, "You know, you're really ruining my day, Faelis."

JackieCat

"Nearly ruining it?  Well, that's a relief, because I care how your day is going." Faelis sneered at his brother. "I won't hurt her, I promise, if you promise to let me go, give me a two day head start on you."

To tell the truth, Faelis probably wouldn't have killed Sharlee, but at the moment, even he wasn't sure of that.

Kilarhas held up his hands. "Okay, okay-!"

At that moment there was the twang of a bowstring, and Faelis dropped to the ground, pulling Sharlee with him.  Kilarhas turned quickly towards the source of the sound and send a burning ice ball in the direction.  The light from the magic lit up an alleyway, and alleyway filled with a group of men.

"Bandits!" Faelis shouted, and he leaped to his feet again, pulling Sharlee up as well. "Run!"   
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

"Are you kidding?" Sharlee whined, frowning, looking over her shoulder. Doeshe decided not to stay anymore and instead stood tall, his chest out and a regal look in his eyes. He was in no-nonsense mode and simply gave Faelis the death glare. Then she was on the ground - somewhere she didn't want to be at all and then... Back up.

Run?

"Doeshe!" Wasn't this guy's wrist supposed to be broken? How was he moving so much. Just what in the name of the gods was going on. And so, she began to run. Those bandits sure as hell weren't after her! Or so she hoped.  Sharlee hadn't gotten a good look at them. And sure they were in Serendipity, but.... Dragon's weren't worth banditing. Too many casualties.

JackieCat

His arm did hurt, terribly, but in such a life-threatening situation as this, he couldn't really focus on the pain.

Kilarhas and Faelis dashed after Sharlee, the elf mage starting to preform a spell.  As he ran he looked behind him at the oncoming bandits.  He whispered a word and more ice appeared, but this time it was a sheet of ice, a wall shooting at the bandits.  They yelled and leaped out of the way, but a few of them caught the blast, falling to the ground.

Kilarhas looked ahead and kept running.

"Do that again!" Faelis shouted to his brother.

"I can't I don't have enough energy or spell components!" Kilarahs hissed. "But don't let them know that!"

He twisted around again, and the bandits ducked, expecting another blast, but Kilarhas didn't preform a spell.  He kept running, and got them a bigger head start, as the bandits had stopped to duck.

"Follow me," Kilarhas said. "I know a place we can hide."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Follow him?

"They're after you! Not me!" She hissed, looking mostly irritated, slightly frighted and a little bit winded. What was this? Who were these people and why were there bandits now! Still, she sighed and nodded, "Fine, lead the way, Kilarhas." That was this one's name right? Faelis and Kilarhas.

Definitely brothers. They were both very odd.

JackieCat

They sprinted through the streets, Kilarhas leading the way.  The bandits weren't very far behind, but when Kilarhas turned a corner they were out of sight.

"Quickly!" He hissed quietly. "In here!"

He pulled back the cover of a large drainage hole in the street and slipped inside.  Faelis followed right behind.  It was cold and damp, but there wasn't deep water on the floor of the tunnel.  The tunnles branched off in different directions, but it was too dark to see down them.

"Hurry!" Kilarhas called up to Sharlee. "Get in, Doeshe will be able to fit, as soon as your down we'll have to pull the cover back over or the bandits will know we've come down here!"

"And how do you know they're now after you?" Faelis asked.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Oh ew.

Sharlee stared at Kilarhas for a moment, a look that read no on as many levels as her pale little face could manage. Still, she didn't want to be shot and so she jumped in shorly followed by Doeshe, he managed to fit his ass in with little difficulty. Why was she down here.

Looking back up she wished she'd just stayed up there, got on Doeshe and they rode away. Too late now, she was already down here and she pressed her back of her hand to his face. "Why would they be after me?" She snapped back at Faelis, not impressed with his tone.

"You're a thief. You probably stole something from them. Or maybe you're both part of that group and you were waiting for someone to come fall into your trap!" She hissed, growing angry for being pulled into the situation - however potentially unintentionally.

JackieCat

Kilarhas sighed, he completely understood her anger, and fear, and maybe she was right, the bandits were after Faelis and he, but they weren't trying to lure her into a trap.

"We are not with the bandits," Kilarhas said. "Well, at least I'm not." He shot a sideways glance at Faelis, who's eyes widened and he held up his uninjured arm, palm up.

"Oh no way am I with them!" he whispered. "Up there I was nearly shot in the head!  Even as a cover I wouldn't let it get that far!"

Kilarhas wasn't quite convinced, but he nodded.  "Anyway, we have to get out of here."  He looked around the tunnels, he had been down here before, and had known once which tunnels lead where, hopefully he still remembered.  "We could go back up where we came down," the elf said, motioning towards the manhole. "Or we could travel down that tunnel," he pointed, "a little ways and get out somewhere else.  The bandits still could be above us here, I think we should move down the tunnel a bit."

"I agree," Faelis said, and then they both looked to Sharlee. "What do you think?" 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Sharlee shrugged, "I'll follow you guys out of here. I don't want to be here, so the sooner we get out the better." And she began to walk, looking back occasionally at the two. Doeshe posing as a barrier between herself and the brothers. The angry brothers. While she and her sister had never really gotten along, they'd never fought like that. Mostly because Sharlee couldn't even fight to begin with.

Then a beat and she turned around, looking a little worried and frantic.

"I think we should take care of your brothers wrist," She snapped, grabbing Faelis's arm and digging into the bag over her shoulder. She turned her back to him and held his arm tucked under hers as far as she could while she prodded it, looking for the break. A rip of fabric and something hard against his wrist and she was wrapping it up like she'd done it before and she gave it a habitual kiss along the wrist before she let him go.  "We should really get out of here as soon as we can, I'm not a mage, I can't heal him."

JackieCat

Faelis raised his eyebrows as she started to bind his arm.  When she finished he could feel that she had done it right, he had broken his arm before, so he knew something about bones.

"Thank you?" he said, hesitantly, slightly awkwardly.  He quickly looked around. "We should get moving though."

Kilarhas coughed a cough that sounded kind of like a laugh and continued on through the tunnel, Faelis glaring after him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Frowning slightly Sharlee rubbed at her hands, pressing them to Doeshe's side and looking back towards the siblings. "Please tell me one of you knows how to get out of here. I'd rather not die in a ... This place."

JackieCat

"I know how to get out," Kilarhas said, pulling a torch out of his pack and lighting it.  "Follow me."  He started down the tunnel again, the light of the torch sparkling against the damp walls.  "The next way out isn't far from here."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Sharlee blew out a careful breath and looked at him, unimpressed. "Good. I would like to leave as soon as possible. All this water is not good for my shoes!" And she followed.

The noises of splashes some way down the tunnel where they had come from had her jerk her head up, "The bandits have followed you." She said softly, looking between Faelis and Kilarhas. She got as close to Kilarhas as she could, having decided this was the good sibling between the two and Doeshe cuddled up to the other side, "Quickly now!"