Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is There Really A Difference?

Started by Draconian, June 26, 2015, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

( @Greenery !)

It was always a little embarrassing going out for some sort of salve for her burns. Sure she was learning how to use water to heal, but still! That was too much effort sometimes and half the time the salve did a better job of keeping the scars minimal. So, Adalia was holding her arm wrapped up and on her way to the apothecary at the insistence of her mother.

Today she was wearing simple pants and a loose shirt, her hair back in a simple ponytail. The gloves were off, showing off her horribly scarred hands, but Adalia was past caring at this point. Her hand hurt, the gloves would have hurt and now she just wanted to get something for the pain.

Gently she pushed the door open and pursed her lips. There was some idea of what she looked for, but to make things fast she simply cleared her throat. "Hello? I'm looking for something and I fear I may not be able to find it!" Adalia picked up a random vial of something and gave it a shake, "Can this be used for burns?"

Greenery

Today was quite busy today, but Vertumnuns didn't mind. He liked it when people were coming in and out of his store. Soon or later he was gonna need another apothecary to help him in the shop. He wore a simple grey cloak that had a silver rope tied around his waist. He was in the middle of making a paste when a female walked into his store. "Greetings,  m'lady." He smiled and glanced at her arms, then nodded his head. "Ah, yes! I have something just for that." Vertumnuns led her toward a table with several different plants, roots, and fungi on it. "How bad are the burns? Were they magic induced or on accident?"

Draconian

Uuuh.

"They're not so bad, they just hurt." Adalia gave a sheepish smile. It was a simply looking burn. "My magic doesn't work quite right and it was an accident. I'm just looking for something to sooth it since I'm not so good with the healing part." She looking around, gave the man a look and smiled. Still curiously looking around, "Do you make all these things?" Meaning the various objects they'd walked past.

Greenery

"Ah! Okay. I know something that's perfect." He smiled and grabbed a glass jar of maundering root, a vial of rosemary, wintertuck, and hindier. Walking back over to the mixing station that was behind the front counter and began mixing it. "Oh, no not all of it. My master gave me some of that stuff already made. I've just build on that foundation." Vertumnuns explained as he looked over his shoulder at her.

Draconian

For the most part, Adalia wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. Too busy looking around and snooping. "Well, you have yourself quite a shop." A smile and she wandered closer to watch him, her hands at her side, the burn on her arm exposed from the sleeve being rolled up. "Have you been here long? I feel terrible that we've never met before."

Greenery

"Thank you." Vertumnuns smiled at the girl before continuing. "Long? Uhm around three months." He answered as he crushed the root while he took a flask of rainwater that had been kept in the full moonlight and poured it into the dry mixture. "So, you practice magic to? What kind?"

Draconian

Oh good.

"Only three months?" She smiled, "Well I don't feel so bad now."

Adalia flexed her hands, looking down at the burn scars before looking back at the man. "Ah, I sort of do? Elements, mostly." There was humourless chuckle and she looked down at herself, obviously not in anything mage knighty. Which was good. The poor man may have been intimidated if she was prancing around in armor.

"I'm Adalia. I take it you're a mage too? Or just an apothecary?"

Greenery

Vertmnuns smiled and took the paste and poured it into a short glass container and screwed a top on it. Altough he had been in the store for nearly three months, his business had been growing. Growing so much that he needed someone to run the store with him.
"Ah, I do more of...nature magic." He answered, looking his shoulder at him. "I'm
Vertmnuns, but my less formal name is Vertus." He finished up the paste and put it on the front counter. "I'm both. I'm an Earth Sorcerer who happens to work as an apothecary."