Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

A muscle in the doppelganger's jaw twitched as Rufus threw the bottle to the ground, where it smashed, the liquid spilled everywhere and absorbing into the dirt floor.  But if Rufus wanted a reaction, he wasn't going to get it.

He looked over to Leyla, then back at Rufus.  He just needed to stall a little longer, the pirates had to be getting her soon. . .

Faelis nodded, they could take them.  "Let's go then."  He glanced at the others around him before starting forward, a dagger in each hand.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Also. Leyla will probably need immediate treatment. The ship's doctor will need to be shielded.'' Kayden said as he tightened the grip on his staff.

''Me and my sister can take care of that.'' Nier assured to which Kayden nodded. He then motioned for everyone to be silent. In the opening to the next room where two men just like he said, but to occupied to see what was going on in the room. They were for Faelis to take.

From this point on though, things could get nasty. Kayden knew. Well to a certain degree anyway. But he did count for the worst. he could see Leyla's frame and that of the doppelganger slightly between the two men.

--

''Well at the least you two can simply die together.'' Rufus said as he drew his weapon, and stepped towards Leyla and the doppelganger. ''Although who I am going to take first now seems a lot harder... eeny...'' he pointed his dagger at Faelis first. ''The one who betrayed me...'' his gaze then went to Leyla just like the tip of his sword. ''Meeny...'' the onee who simply befriended the wrong person.'' he laughed wickedly. ''Miny... again you Faelis. The sore place in my memory.'' he licked his lips and slowly pointed the tip at Leyla once more. ''Moe... looks like fate hates you. Not to worry dear. It is iron. You should die painfully I might add within a minute. I will make sure to send Faelis in after.'' he then swiftly threw his dagger aiming at her abdomen.

JackieCat

The doppelganger may not have been a true elf, or even a real being.  But it was Faelis.  And id did exactly what the original would have done in that same situation.

As the dagger flew, he leaped forward in the path of the weapon, blocking Leyla.  The dagger lodged into his side, and he fell to the ground with a shout.

The two men were down before they even had a chance to call out, their throats slit with a deadly efficiency.

He stepped into the room, the pirates that were with them following, blood dripping from his daggers as he faced the room.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla shouted Fealis' name out loud. She could hear Rufus laugh. The sound echoing deep inside her head and saw the man taking another weapon. She covered the doppelgangers body with her own and noticed something. The color of blood and... Another Fealis? That couldn't be right? She did not have a lot of time to think about it though as her body felt more painful yet numb at the same time. Her vision darkened and soon she became limb.

Rufus had not expected it and seemed confused as well. That is interesting. Two of you. Looks like you are to late though. She is dead in a few minutes. At the least I can focus on you.''
He realized that he was severely outnumbered and brought his fingers to his mouth. ''We have been discovered men. Draw your weapons and fight!'' he called

JackieCat

Faelis ignored the man's words, and as Rufus's reinforcements came rushing into the room, the elf's daggers flew.

The pirates behind him ran at Rufus's men, and while Faelis fought, his goal was Leyla.  She seemed to be unconscious, but alive.

Faelis cut down one man and there was a clear path to Rufus.  The elf threw his dagger at the man, the weapon knifing through the air with deadly speed and precision.  Faelis didn't often miss, and if Rufus was going to live now, it wouldn't be because Faelis's aim was off.  He would either have to block the weapon or dodge it.

Not waiting to see if the dagger hit it's mark, Faelis pushed through the last of the men and rushed to Leyla's side.  He pressed a finger to her throat, and felt her heartbeat, but it seemed to be weak.  The elf was forced to stand as one of Rufus's bandits attacked, but he cut the man down and didn't leave Leyla's side.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Seeing Leyal so close to dying also seemed to very upset the twins. Fueled by anger they struck down any of Rufus' men who dared to get within range. Together with Sparrowhawk they guided the medic towards Leyla. ''We will shield you. Treat her before she dies.'' Nier pleaded to the medic.

Kayden in the meantime knocked down people who charged at him with his staff. The solid wooden weapon surely hurt those he hit with it but he was focussing on getting the man who used the cloaking magic. ''There you are...'' he whispered to himself and hit the staff aiming for thin air. If only an ouch had not been audible right after that and a blurry vision of a person was there for a moment before it attempted to go into hiding again just to be struck by Kayden again but harder and resulted the thug to fall on the ground. ''What the hell! Can you see me?'' he asked as he attempted to get a weapon but soon felt the staff on his throat. ''A blind man? Who can see? Something like that.'' Kayden replied. He waited a moment and then shook his head. ''Not going to happen.'' swiftly he hit the side of the man's head with his staff and then behind him quick enough to intersept another attack on him.

Rufus snarled and blocked the knife with his arm causing the clothes to tear and reveal a metal brace. ''I can do that too Faelis you know that.'' Rufus replied as he picked the weapon up and along with another of his own daggers threw it back, stepping closer and closer towards him. It did not went fast though but he did hit the pirates who came at him. It was to crowded for a sword though so daggers were the only thing he could use.

JackieCat

Faelis saw the ship's doctor kneel next to Leyla, but he didn't have time to think as Rufus blocked his dagger and threw his own daggers.

He cut down pirates, and Faelis pushed through the tangle of bodies towards the man.  He hated to leave Leyla, but the twins were guarding her, and Faelis assumed that if their leader as brought down, the bandits would give up, or at least be disheartened.

He cut down the last bandit between him and Rufus and brought his dagger up in a swift slashing motion, aiming to cut the man across the throat.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

The familiar cling from metal to metal faded in the other sounds of battle. Under his lose clothing Rufus seemed to have metal braces on most people. But one thing was clear, his amount of men went down faster then the pirates. Rufus carefully made his steps between the pirates that lay wounded on the ground. There were some ways out of the mine and some of his men started to head to there slowly, fighting when doing so. ''Enough of this!'' He said after deflecting another of Faelis' blows. The attacks were fast. To fast for Rufus to both block and attack. One of the braces hung only by a few strings, the rest having been cut through. ''Arcanum Nox!'' He called out.

After the words left his lips the lamps in the room died one by one making it dark. Voices became silent and a few people dropped on the ground after they were hit with a weapon that was still in motion.

A whisper though broke the silence. ''Et Erit Lux Divus.'' Rufus froze. The voice was right next to his ear and hands came on his shoulder. The lights softly started to hum again. It was warm both for the eyes and body and wounds on the pirates seemed to even slowly heal. ''You've born a thousand years to early mate.'' Kayden spoke in that same soft tone. Rufus then noticed something. He was alone. In that brief amount of darkness, whatever happened had caused his men to lay on the ground.

JackieCat

And then it was dark.

Faelis immediately dropped to the ground to avoid any of the weapons that were swinging around him.  He could see well in the dark, but with such a sudden change of light, it would take a few moments to adjust.

He blinked a few times, and he could almost see, but before he could do anything else, a voice whispered an incantation, and the lights slowly returned.

And Faelis saw that their enemies were down, and the wounds of the pirates seemed to be healing, but he had no time to think about that.  He rushed to Leyla, who was still out cold.

"Will she be okay?" he asked the ships doctor, crouching next to Leyla.

(OOC: It can be up to you about Leyla)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Time will tell. If she survives the next couple of hours, she should make it. She is weak though. If she survives she will have to stay in bed for at least a week.''

''She will make it.'' Nier said softly. Caressing Leyla's face. ''What to do with these thugs. Especially him.'' she looked at Rufus with an expression of that she prefered skinning him alive here and now or at the least torture him. Inflicting the same pain he had on Leyla.

''We could hand over the nest of thugs to the authorities and let them deal with the nasty business. If so though do forgive me for then leaving. I'm nothing but a petty thief myself but I am still a wanted man.'' Sparrowhawk said. He looked at Leyla with a bit of a guilty look on his face.

''Is the stardrop still alive? Or was the attack lethal.'' Kayden said calmly. Still making sure Rufus was not going anywhere.

JackieCat

A sigh slipped from Faelis's lips as the doctor spoke, it wasn't bad news, at least.

He didn't particularly care what happened to the thugs, at least not now, he could let the others or the pirates deal with them.  However, he did look up when the doppelganger was mentioned.

"I'll go check on it," the ship's doctor started to rise, but Faelis held out a hand.

"Wait," he said sharply. "Don't leave Leyla, my memory doesn't matter compared to her."

The doctor nodded, and Faelis stood, walking over to the doppelganger.  The second he saw it he knew that even if the doctor had come, it would have been too late.

A dagger was lodged right above the heart, and Faelis knelt next to the magical thing, and it was a strange feeling, watching yourself die.  Faelis wasn't sure if the doppelganger was really alive or not, but he nodded to it as the light faded from its eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered, and then he felt a tugging at his mind, and the memory of one of the times he had been tortured started to fade.  Instinctively, his mind tried to hold on to the thoughts, but soon it was gone.

Faelis blinked, shaking his head, it was as if there was a hole in his mind, he could remember right up to the point, and just beyond it, but nothing in between.

It must have been worth getting rid of if it's gone,' Faelis thought of the memory. 'Any memory would have been worth it.'

He glanced back at where the doppelganger had lain moments before, but nothing was there, it was gone.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''W-what the hell was that...'' Rufus said enraged and frustrated.

''Who knows.'' Kayden said simply. ''Faelis. It is up to you what to do with Rufus. He will never let it go whatever it is between the both of you. We either bind him and give him to the city guards, or end it here. If you dont though, the twins probably will.''

''Probably?...'' Nier asked. The look on her face when she directed her gaze to Rufus was nothing more but despise.

''Seer magic is never flawless. I told you that.''

JackieCat

Faelis could feel his skin crawling as his rage boiled anew.  He looked over at Rufus and stalked towards him, a knife appearing in his hand as he neared the other man.

He brought his knife roughly to Rufus's throat, the sharp blade just scratching the man's skin.  Faelis's eyes blazed, and he almost did it.  Almost.

But he was in control, he had no slipped into his sadistic side, and he knew he was not a killer, at least not like this.  If the twins didn't finish Rufus off, then they would have to find another way to make sure he never hurt anyone anymore.

He pulled back his knife, but he smashed the pommel into Rufus's jaw as he stepped back.

"You're safe from me," he snarled at the man. "But you're never going to hurt Leyla ever again."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

A crack was heard when Faelis hit Rufus' jaw and it looked dislocated. Even then Rufus started to laugh and spat some blood on the ground. ''Never thought Faelis would've found someone to love. What about all those poor lasses you kissed eh?''

''I suppose you were never loved or loved a person.'' Nier drew her dagger and with a swift movement sliced the mans throat. Kayden let the man go who dropped on the ground, still alive, slowly drowning in his own blood. ''Let's go. We can take the rest of his men to the city guards. You though Sparrowhawk might want to take the forest route.''

The man pondered. ''You know, I've been an honest trader for many years. If there is a spot left on the ships crew I'd like to join. Either that or turn me in. That way I can maybe attone for the crimes I've comitted.'' he said. ''I just would like to know when the girl is up on her feet.''

JackieCat

Faelis ignored Rufus's words, and turned away to go to Leyla as Neir finished the job.

Thew pirate captain looked over Sparrowhawk appraisingly.  "I wouldn't mind another hand," he said. "But we're what you'd call honorable pirates, kill only when absolutely necessary, no slaves, and no torture." Jackal shrugged. "But it seems like you've already made your turn for the light."

He turned to his pirates and spoke a few orders before they all went about rounding up Rufus's men.

The doctor glanced around the room before her eyes fell upon a rack of spears in one corner.

"Get two of those," she ordered anyone who was listening. "We're going to need to make a stretcher if we're getting Leyla out of here."

Faelis went to get the spears, and several pirates donated a scarf or sash.   They tied the ends of the cloth between the two lengths of wood, creating a makeshift stretcher.  Very, very carefully, Faelis and the doctor eased Leyla onto the stretcher and picked it up.  By not Jackal had gotten all the bandits rounded up.

"Let's get a move on," he said loudly, and everyone started to filter out of the room, the bandits closely watched by the pirates.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I am against slavery and torture.'' Sparrowhawk assured. He was no stranger to killing but truth be told, prefered not to. He stole because he wanted to live and nobody would hire him for honest work. The few times he killed was because of either an accident or fear for getting caught.

Leyla made some sounds of discomfort when she was put on the makeshift stretcher but it was not until they were in the tunnels she opened her eyes slightly. ''Hey Leyley.'' Kila whispered, holding Leyla's hand. ''F-Faelis...'' her voice trembled. ''I saw him die... where is he...''

''Easy there. Faelis is fine and so will you.'' Nier whispered.

One of the bandits scoffed. ''Fine?'' he chuckled. ''She has yet to make it to dawn.''

''One more word and you find yourself a prisoner without a tongue.'' Nier barked back. It was enough to make the bandit stop talking, not forgetton how she so swiftly finished Rufus off without a hint of remorse.

Kila's gaze went to Faelis though. ''I think she wants you nearby.''

JackieCat

Faelis carefully handed off the stretcher to a pirate and stepped next to it, gently placing his hand on Leyla's shoulder.

"I'm here, and I'm fine," he said softly, a tremor in his voice at first. "You're going to be fine too, just rest.  You're going to be fine."

They slowly made their way down the halls and out of the hideout.  Several bandits that had been knocked out in the halls were starting to come round, and they were rounded up as well.  The only ones leaf behind were the dead.

"We'll take these pieces of scum into town," Jackal said. "Leave a nice little gift for the City Guard.  You get back to the ship, Leyla can be further treated there."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla could only nod, smile and cry. ''I'm so glad you're ok.'' her voice was soft and broken, almost unable to be heard.

''Will the cityguard not be looking for you as well Sparrow?'' Nier asked the man who nodded. ''Yes they will although it is not recomended to go through the busy streets to begin with. There are some alleyways where shops and inns transport their supplies to from the harbor. We could take those roads.'' the man replied.

Another thing concerned him though. All the captured criminals from the Den of Thieves would be brought to the city guard but surely he would be ratted out himself too soon enough by one of them that he could be found on Jackdal's ship. Still, him being captured was the least of his concerns.

JackieCat

"Lead the way," Jackal said, and as they started away, the rest turned for the ship.

It didn't take them long to get to the docks.  There were still plenty of people around, but the group managed to get Leyla to the ship with few people noticing.  The ones that did gave them a curious glance as they went past, but said nothing.

"Let's get her to a bed," the doctor said, and they carried the cot into the doctor's room, where a small bed lay against the wall.  They carefully moved Leyla onto it, the doctor rummaging in her cabinets and pulling out clean bandages and a few bottles.  She had tended some of the worse wounds in the hideout, but had done so hastily, and now she was able to do a more thorough tending.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''We will get some water and clean rags.''The twins spoke. All bandits with exception of zsparrowhawk were brought to the cities' authorities to be dealt with. Kayden had joined them to make sure nobody would attempt to take off.

After getting water and clean sheets Kila looked at Leyla laying on the bed. Do you need more antidote against iton poisoning?  If so I can get some from the apothecary. ''

Nier on her turn looked at Faelis. ''How are you holding up?''