Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Walking in Peace in the Dark of the Night(LadyAstrid!)

Started by JackieCat, July 01, 2015, 09:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Oh, what a day it had been.  He had slept it through.

Kilarhas yawned and sat up.  The sun was setting, and the elf was ready to travel.  He didn't always move at night, but sometimes he loved to walk in the wilds in the dark of the night, when he could hear the crickets and the frogs and feel at peace.  It was so serene, so beautiful, the elf was looking forward to getting out of the city and into the wilds.

He got out of his bed, he had stayed at an inn, and got dressed.  He pulled on his knee-high boots and fastened his cloak around his shoulders, but the elf did not pull the hood up.  He slung his quiver of arrows and bow over his back, shouldered his pack, and left the room.  He walked from the inn and into the darkening streets.

It was quiet, and beautiful.  The shopkeepers and farmers were going to bed, and the thieves and rouges were coming out.  Kilarhas nodded to a man who was filling the sheathes on his belt with daggers in an alleyway and the man nodded back.

Kilarhas walked through the streets, and as he was just passing out of the city the streets were alive again, with the less savory members of society.

Kilarhas was now out of the city, and he was once again alone, and he was glad of it.  He walked with his eyes closed, his staff and feet making no noise on the dirt road as he walked.  Soon Kilarhas turned off of the path and into a forest.  He walked silently through the trees, the moon had now risen, and Kilarhas opened his eyes too look at the forest, bathed in the midnight glow of the moon.

The elf ranger wasn't going anywhere specific, but he didn't need to, he was a wanderer, an adventurers, and adventurers rarely found adventure by going with the norms of society.

His deep thoughts were broken as the elf mage sensed something.  A magic, and a magic near him.  He looked around, but saw nothing, he hadn't expected to.  He closed his eyes and reached out with his magic, probing the area.

There.  A being, a wolf?  A small wolf, no, not a wolf, there was magic around it, an aura.  A werewolf?  A shapeshifter?

Kilarhas looked in the direction of the being. "Who are you?" he asked softly, his voice floating through the air towards the wolf-being.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher had awoken from a restless slumber. Her golden eyes scanning the darkening forest. With a yawn, the silver wolf crawled out from under the roots she now called home. She shook herself, trying to get rid of the dirt that stuck to her matted fur.

Asher was downright mangy looking, her dead eyes without hope. With another yawn, she gazed up at the stars, her belly giving a rumbling protest for sustenance.  How long ago had she eaten? Let alone left her quiet hole in the earth? It felt like years.

Taking small hesitant steps into the forest, she let the scents around her invade her nose. The wind rustled her fur, and she continued forward quietly. Asher needed to hunt,  it was in her instincts. Well, part of her instincts anyways.

She was used to being thrown scraps at the end of the night,  she had never had real world experience as a wolf of the forest. If she could turn into her human form she could beg of bread.

The scent of rabbit reached her, and she halted. It seemed fresh. She crept silently forward, not sure on how to approach a kill. She glimpsed the little creature nibbling, and hunger biting at her she sprang forward. The rabbit caught sight of her,  and made a quick dash to it's home.

Asher snorted at her foolishness, and turned her tail to the situation.  After a while, she found a trail and wandered along it aimlessly.  She stopped suddenly, a new scent reached her. Her eyes reflected in the moonlight, and she caught the whisper of the man she had scented.

Asher could see him, and she dropped into a defensive stance. Head low, fur on end. A low growl escaped her maw,  and she felt fear course through her. He didn't seem to mean harm,  he seemed curious, but she had only known one man, and he had beaten her maliciously.

JackieCat

The wolf was now in Kilarhas's sight, and he saw it drop down, obviously fearful.  It was then Kilarhas knew that this was defiantly a shifter.  If it had been a 'true' wolf, upon seeing him it would have run, most wolves were scared of people, and there was the collar.  Kilarhas sensed the magic upon it, and could tell it was binding this shifter from something, shifting, perhaps?

Kilarhas saw that it was dangerously thin and its, well, her, he had by now sensed, fur was matted and dirty.

Kilarhas crouched until he was level with the wolf, but still many feet away. "Are you hungry?" he asked, and he reached into his pack pulling out a hunk of dried meat. "And that collar doesn't look very comfortable, if you like, I can try to get it off."

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

The man, the elf? He lowered himself so that he was level with her, and Asher stepped back in fear. She should just run away, he would probably try and kill her, maybe sell her pelt.

He opened his pack, and the smell of dried meat nearly made her sway. She was so hungry! The scent was unbearable,  and she found herself creeping slowly, her belly brushing the ground as she approached. He was speaking, but she wasn't really listening, hunger her main distraction. 

Asher stopped a mere two feet from the elf. Laying on the packed earth of the trail.  She let a small whine escape her, before meeting the elves eyes with her golden ones. She was showing her submission,  if he wished her harm, so be it. There were worse ways to go.

JackieCat

Kilarhas recognized the show of submission, and it pained him.  This wolf must have been through a lot, abused, a slave, as Kilarhas had seen similar collars as the one she was wearing.

Kilarhas slowly reached out a hand, and set it on top of the wolf's head, looking deep into her eyes.  Then he withdrew his hand and set the dried meat down in front of her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher recoiled as the elf placed his hand upon her, but it was not a strike. No, it seemed as if he were trying to reassure or comfort her. She met his eyes,  and she finally saw that he meant her no harm. 

He removed his hand from her matted fur and set the meat down in front of her. Asher snapped it up as soon as he had his hand out of the way. She barely tasted it. It was gone in seconds.

Asher stood and and approached the quiet elf,  giving his hand a nuzzle in appreciation. She wished she could tell him, rather than resort to animal affections,   but it couldn't be helped.  He might have a hard time getting rid of her now, she new he was good, and he would help her. Perhaps she had found her new master.

JackieCat

Kilarhas smiled as she gobbled up the meat and nuzzled his hand.  He patted the top of her head and pulled out another piece, this one bigger than the last.

"That collar on your neck, do you want it there?" Kilarhas asked. "Can you understand me?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher took the meat gently from Kilarhas, and gulped it down. He gave her a pat on the head,  and she found she didn't mind being petted.  It was better than being kicked!

Asher looked up at him as he spoke, and gave a soft bark on excitement.  She definitely wanted the collar off, he asked if she could understand him, and she took a small step back and sat on her haunches.  She nodded her head,  hoping he would understand that she indeed could understand him. She hoped he could get the collar off, she didn't even remember what it was like to be human.

JackieCat

Kilarhas smiled and stood as the wolf nodded her head.  She did understand him.  He set his staff on the ground and walked forward.  He was about to touch the collar when he stopped.

"This might tingle a bit, or even be painful," the elf said gently, "but don't be scared, it won't hurt you."

Then he closed his eyes and gently placed his fingers on the collar, muttering softly under his breath.  The collar was definitely enchanted, and Kilarhas didn't want to harm the wolf when he got it off.  He could tell that the collar was keeping the wolf from shifting into its other form.  Kilarhas could also tell that whoever had put the collar onto this wolf was evil.  The magic upon the collar had been dark magic, so that led Kilarhas to assume that the wolf was not evil.  For if the magic on the collar had been good magic, the Kilarhas would have possibly thought that a good mage had put the collar on, to keep the wolf transforming if it was evil, which now Kilarhas guessed she was not.

Kilarhas finished chanting and he opened his eyes.

(OOC: (Out Of Character) It's up to you if it worked, since it's you character and your item)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher stood perfectly still, she hoped that the elf could get the collar off. She gave a brief nod as he warned her, and she braced herself accordingly. Asher's ears twitched as she listen to the soft murmuring of the the elf's chant.

Asher looked up as he finished his incantation,  and for a second she was worried it hadn't worked. She let out a sad whine, but jumped when the collar suddenly popped off, sparks singing her fur. She jumped back with a yelp, not quite sure what had happened. Asher blinked slowly, seeing the collar in the dirt. It took only a minute for her to register what had happened,  and with a mist of light enveloping her, she transformed.

Asher stood before the elf, only for a second before plopping down on the trail. Balancing on two legs was hard. She gave him a wide grin,  soft laughter escaping her lips. She looked at her hands amazed, her pale skin looking like it was glowing in the moonlight. 

Asher opened her mouth to speak, and found she struggled with the concept. It took her several tried, but she finally managed to rasp out what she had intended to say. "Thank....you." She didn't mind that she was sitting in the dirt, looking at the person who had saved her. She probably didn't look vertical ladylike, legs sprawled out,  dirty skin, and matted silver hair, but her golden eyes glimmered with newfound hope.

JackieCat

Kilarhas smiled as the collar dropped from the wolf's neck, and then she transformed.  The resulting woman who appeared smiled at the elf and thanked him.

"You are very welcome," he said.  The young woman was not, in fact, wearing any clothes. Kilarhas was unperturbed, after all, this woman may need his help, covering his eyes would do neither of them any good.  Kilarhas unfastened his cloak and held it out to her. "Do you want this?  Its not exactly hot out."

It was actually fairly cold, not for someone fully dressed, like Kilarhas, but for someone with no clothes at all?  The woman would probably want something to cover up with.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher was still sitting in the dirt when the elf spoke to her again. She hadn't even noticed the chill in the air, too fascinated with how she looked as a human. As he held out his cloak for her, it suddenly hit her, she was definitely completely bare skinned.  It didn't really bother her,  but she realized that it probably wasn't acceptable to run around naked.

Asher stood on shaky legs, and took the offered cloak. It enveloped her slender frame, and she felt grateful for the warmth. "My name is Asher, thank you, again. I owe you so much." She looked at the elf shyly,  her words coming to her stronger and more fluid.

JackieCat

"You owe me nothing," Kilarhas smiled."I was only doing what I should have done, to try to help.  It is good to meet you, Asher, my name is Kilarhas, Kilarhas Gindien."

He looked around, they were in the middle of a forest, in the middle of the night, and Asher definitely wasn't dressed for this. "Do you think we should go to the city?" he asked her. "It is only a little more than an hours walk away.  Or should we stay here for the night?  I can make a fire, but, seeing as you have no clothes, would you be comfortable?"

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher positively beamed as he introduced himself. She tested his name on her tongue.  "Kilarhas, it's good to meet you too!" She was trembling,  thougj, not from the chill. She was more excited than anything.

Asher looked at Kilarhas as her "savior" and whether he realized it or not, he now had a devoted follower. Much like a stray dog you feed a bone too, she would follow him everywhere,  and do anything he asked. At least until he adamantly told her otherwise, and even then she might not understand. 

Kilarhas posed the question of where they should stay for the night,  and she thought for a moment. " It matters little to me, though a hot meal would be good for me." Going into the city as a human would be interesting,  though curling up next to a fire would work just as well.

JackieCat

"Let's go to the city," Kilarhas said. "It's not too far, and we'll be able to get a room at an inn and get some food."

The elf picked up the collar, waited for Asher and then started through the forest, towards the road.  They got there within twenty minutes, and as they walked down the road Kilarhas looked to Asher.

"How did you get that collar, anyway?" he asked the wolf-shifter. "Why were you trapped?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher spent part of their trip to the city alternating skipping, and prancing, almost losing the cloak several times, which cause her to giggle. As the neared the city, she fell in quietly beside Kilarhas.  She was starting to feel anxious,  even scared of the city.

Asher turned to the elf, her eyes darkening in memory as he asked the inevitable question. She spoke quietly,  her eyes on the ground, focusing on her feet. "There are places in the world that use shifters such as myself as slaves. For protection, for keeping their home clean, for guarding, things like that. There are even some that are raised just to be killed for their unique pelts. I was taken as a pup, sold to the highest bidder. He trained me brutally to follow his demands. Eventually it just seemed natural to do his bidding. "

Asher fell silent for a while. "He was murdered,  and I ran away. I could have helped him, but I failed." It was a mixture of guilt, and sadness.  Though he was not good to her, she had learned to care for a master, who wouldn't have cared had she been killed. It was a confusing concept, she didn't understand.

JackieCat

Kilarhas nodded, that was what he had thought, but he hadn't wanted to make an open assumption.  He could see she had cared for her master, even though he had been cruel to her, but Kilarhas understood.

"I am sorry," he said, and he was sorry for many things, that she had been captured and made a slave, that she had been trapped in her animal form for most of her life, that her master had died.  He smiled at her.

"But you are here now, alive and well, and soon to have a bed and food."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher looked shyly up at the elf, he was so kind. She was lucky he had been the one to find her. He said she didn't owe him, but she did. He saved her, and she would not forget.  "I've never sat at a table, or slept in a bed!" She probably sounded silly, and almost childish, but she couldn't help it. She figured he owned her now, simple as that. Asher knew very little of how the world actually worked.

She pranced a little ahead, and hummed to herself.  She was overjoyed with all the things her body could do. "Not only am I alive and well, I have a new, kind master! " She didn't realize that Kilarhas might not want the full responsibility of helping her,  he might help her this one night, but it didn't work the way she thought. 

JackieCat

Kilarhas smiled, she was so exited!  The elf was glad she was happy, but when she said he was her master, he raised his eyebrows and shook his head.

"I'm not your master," he said. "You don't have a master, you're free now, you can do whatever you want."

'Having been a slave for her whole life, she doesn't understand that now she is free,' Kilarhas thought. 'She may not even understand the concept of 'free'.  She must think that she has to have a master, and now, I am that master.'
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

LadyAstrid

Asher paused and looked at Kilarhas puzzled. "I don't understand, you helped me, it is now my duty to serve you, right?" She bit her lip, her forehead crinkled in confusion. He said she was free, but she had no idea what she would do without a master. If he did not want her to serve, she would no doubt find someone else to latch onto.

Asher hoped he would let her prove that she could be useful to him. She definitely didn't want to be left alone again. "I promise I'll behave, I don't know what I'd do all on my own." She was definitely worried she would be sent away at any time.