Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Trouble With Monsters (Koga)

Started by Ice, June 02, 2015, 05:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

(Indeed I used the starter for another thread of his because it fit so well)

Today was just another day for one lone creature. He was a strange sight to see. He wore a hood over his face and they only thing that could be seen were his glowing red eyes. He had a lot on his mind at the moment. He was thinking about his encounter with a strange female who wanted him dead. Now he could understand her anger but he was just doing his job. Well his job of feeding himself anyway. The thing was that he had not killed the woman so she should have been thankful for that. Oh well there were more important things to worry about right now. Like where he wanted to go now.

He looked around trying to keep from getting noticed as he did so. He was not certain what he could find here but he was sure that he could find something. He growled slightly as someone bumped him as they went by. They looked at him and then ran. They knew that he was a monster. He shook his head slightly and sighed. The idea that someone could fear him just for his looks was just strange to him. However he would not allow that to bother him.

As he looked about he saw some guards making their rounds. He blinked and knew that he had to get out of their sight. So carefully he started to move away. That was when they saw him.  Phears moved towards an alleyway.

As he moved he looked back to see if the guards were still there. As he did this he smacked right in to someone. He blinked and looked at the person he had ran into.

Koga

It was only the Commanders' second day on the job, and yet he already had a truckload of problems to deal with. Just yesterday a young woman told him the story of the last commander, who went missing after her wings were staked to the castle gates. That was enough to cause him to lose sleep last night, not to mention the fact that his long lost son had showed up in the city just two nights ago, and was seen fleeing the scene of a burning windmill. To top it all off, his wifes' caravan was expected to arrive last night, but has still yet to turn up. It was safe to say that Loghaine had a lot on his mind when he was patrolling the streets of Ketra that morning.

Patrolling wasn't necessarily his job anymore, but John needed to clear his head. Besides, it boosted city moral to see their country's Commander walking along the streets with the average citizens and city-guard. A mighty Golden Dragon flew around in the air above him, carefully looking to see if the Commander needed any help. However, it was a calm morning. It was also a very bright day out, and the city was bustling with people. All of which recognized the Commander, and stared at him with awe in their eyes. He could hear the whispers, mothers talking to their children who he was, men gossiping about the death of the last commander, and young children babbling about how they're going to be as strong as him one day. Loghaine wasn't used to all the attention. Before he was Commander, he was a Knight and a war-hero. He was more used to leading armies than patrolling streets and greeting citizens.

Figuring that if there was crime to stop, it wouldn't be in someplace to crowded, the Commander took a right turn down an alleyway. He wasn't expecting to bump into anyone immediately, but when he looked down he saw two little red eyes staring back up at him.  Behind the man, two city-guard were walking into the alleyway. A sensation of fear began to overtake him, and he didn't understand why. He almost never felt fear, not even on the battlefield--only adrenaline. The only thing that ever truly scared him... was magic.

"What's going on here...?" The Commander spoke shakily, blocking the exit of the alleyway with his massive armored body.

Ice

Phears growled as  he saw the man looking down at him. He started to scoot back quickly. He had to get away. He did not want to go to jail. He would not do well there. He was not a true monster.  He could sense the mans fear. Well that was the second person he had scared today. And to think he was not even hungry.

He saw the two guards approaching as well. " we saw him scaring some of the locals sir" said one of the softly. Phears blinked and frowned. " I did not mean to scare anyone." he said in response.  He was abit offended at being accused of a crime he had not meant to commit. He then hit the backside of a building. He had no where to go now.

He the looked to the man who had run in to him. He was not going to let him escape. He would have to get out of this one way or another way or another. " I was uhh passing threw when someone ran in to me. I must have surprised them or something." he explained. He then looked at the man and said. " you are afraid as well." he was a creature of fear he knew these things like he knew his own name.

Koga

The Commander stood strongly in the alleyway, staring down to the supposed criminal with folded arms. A thoughtful look grew on his face as he heard the mans' excuse; what was he to do with this one? Technically just scaring someone wasn't necessarily a crime, it was definitely creepy, but did the man really harm anyone? Maybe not, but he couldn't let a man like this simply roam through Ketra causing fear everywhere he goes. Such would disrupt the flow of the city. After thinking on it for quite some time, the Commander looked over to the two guards standing behind the criminal in question. "If we arrested every man who was thought to be scary, there'd be a line of guardsmen waiting to arrest me at the castle gates."

Still, there was something very strange about this man. How did he bring fear every where he went? And how could he tell that the Commander was afraid. The Commanders' eyes met with the guards, "Leave us, I'll deal with this one accordingly."

"Yes Commander." Said the guards, and soon enough the criminal and the Commander were alone in the alleyway.

"Alright now, explain yourself. I want the truth, and believe me I'll know if you're lying." This man may be scary, but so was the Commander.

Ice

Phears looked at the comander who was blocking his way. He shifted nervously from side to side. He was not sure what this man was planning to do with him. He could easily escape from any prison or jail.  That is if he had room to take flight. He had no wings but he had to have room to get lift6 using his magic.  He then saw the commanders' look. He just starred back and shifted more. He was  not happy being here. He needed to get away.

He then listened as the man spoke to the guards. He cocked his head when the commander said he would deal with him. Just what did this mortal think he could do to him?  As the guards took their leave, he looked at the commander. His red eyes glowed as he stood there. He was not certain what to think about being alone with this guy. However, it did make the man more of a target for his predatory side.

Phears moved his hands to his side in a submissive pose as he heard the make speaking to him now.  He was not stupid. He knew that he told him what he was capable of he could be in trouble. However, he was in trouble if he did not as well. Oh well this could only get worse anyhow. "I am a creature who terrifies others with his mere presence. I am a creature who can make fears a reality. Bring nightmares to life. I can feel fear. In fact, I feed off it. I will say this. I hate it with a passion. However, I have too do it. That is how I survive."  He said his voice getting darker with each word. He was a monster but he also was very kind when he wanted to be.

Koga

Loghaine stood there in near shock, he had not expected to hear that come from the smaller mans' mouth. However, he did ask for the truth and that was definitely what he received. The Commander looked down at the man with a perplexed grimace. What was he to do with this one? He had not committed any crimes, nor did he look like he belonged in a jail cell. But he simply could not have someone walking around the city bringing terror wherever he goes.

The Commander could tell that the fear-inspiring man was getting a bit uncomfortable and to that he said, "Relax now, no ones getting hurt today. I asked you for the truth, and you gave me it." He gave the man half a smile. "However... I can't have you scaring my people, so I ask... what is a man like you doing here in Ketra?"

Ice

Phears could tell that his words came as a bit of a shock. They always did. No one knew that there were creatures that were like him. In fact he was the last of his kind. At least he thought he was. He certainly had not seen any of his kind here.

He saw the look that the man gave him and he smiled to him. His fangs were long enough to be seen if he did not have his hood on. Though he was terrifying to see without it. He was wondering what was on the mans mind now. He also wonderd  how much trouble was in just for being himself.

He then heard what the man said to him. He was not in trouble . Well that was good. " well I would not want to cause trouble." he said. Then he heard what else was said and nodded.  " I am a travler. I am always on the move. I wont lie. I do feed on people. I just have not done so here." he said. Not yet anyhow.